What's new

Reality of Kashmir today June 2016 (Truth is Bitter)

They went from Lahore to Amritsar - from there they basically had free movement; especially since there was no one to enforce restricted movement.

I'll have pictures tommarow.

It doesn't happen that way.

These chacha, maama, cousin stories don't really matter or can be considered as proof. There's too many misconceptions about India that floats around in Pakistan and these stories just adds up to it.

Dude, it's the law, unless your cousins illegally sneaked in and travelled illegally.
Unless you have families on both sides of the loc which btw is surprosongly common my Uncle migrated from what is now Islamabad in Indian Occupied Kashmir in 60,s he has relatives with whom he still has contacts

In villages near loc almost everyone has relatives on the otherside
THere are 40,000(post 90,s) refugees still in Azad Kashmir who have relatives on the other side
I have even heard rumors of people with dual Indian and Pakistani nationality

Though you cant really walts in and out of IoK the border is heavily guarded and getting in or out is very difficult for civilians many Kashmiris who travel this way get shot at by BSF if they try to jump into Azad kashmir(it used to happen a lot i.the 90,s )

Unless you have families on both sides of the loc which btw is surprosongly common my Uncle migrated from what is now Islamabad in Indian Occupied Kashmir in 60,s he has relatives with whom he still has contacts

THere are 40,000(post 90,s) refugees still in Azad Kashmir who have relatives on the other side

Whats the proportion of ethnic Kashmiris in Azad Kashmir? According to the 1998 Census only 5% of Azad Kashmir's population were Koshur speaking. With Neelam (20%) and Muzaffarabad having the highest proportions. Of course the actual ethnic Kashmiri population would be higher than that since most ethnic Kashmiris don't speak koshur anymore.

And are these villages you speak of (the ones with divided families) Koshur speaking or Pahari speaking? My impression is that most border villages are Pahari speaking as only a few border villages in Neelam Vallley speak Koshur.

Whats the proportion of ethnic Kashmiris in Azad Kashmir? According to the 1998 Census only 5% of Azad Kashmir's population were Koshur speaking. With Neelam (20%) and Muzaffarabad having the highest proportions. Of course the actual ethnic Kashmiri population would be higher than that since most ethnic Kashmiris don't speak koshur anymore.

And are these villages you speak of (the ones with divided families) Koshur speaking or Pahari speaking? My impression is that most border villages are Pahari speaking as only a few border villages in Neelam Vallley speak Koshur.
Both pahari and kashmiri speaking have relatives on the oyher side
Really i heard neelum is almost 50% Kashmiri with most being bilingual

THe pahari spokem in Neelum and Muzaffarabad is heavily Kashmiri inspired i cant understand 30-40% of that dialect even in neighbouring Kupwara in IoK they speak Pahari

Yep its a sad fact really Kashmiri is now an edangered language because it didnt get transfered to next generation my great grandfather could write kashmiri in hindi,ish script i couldnt even differentiate between Dogri and Kashmiri :-(

You from AJK?

Both pahari and kashmiri speaking have relatives on the oyher side
Really i heard neelum is almost 50% Kashmiri with most being bilingual

THe pahari spokem in Neelum and Muzaffarabad is heavily Kashmiri inspired i cant understand 30-40% of that dialect even in neighbouring Kupwara in IoK they speak Pahari

Yep its a sad fact really Kashmiri is now an edangered language because it didnt get transfered to next generation my great grandfather could write kashmiri in hindi,ish script i couldnt even differentiate between Dogri and Kashmiri :-(

You from AJK?

I am an ethnic Kashmiri. My grandfather was from the valley. My great grandfather was from Baramulla. But no I am not from AJK. Most of Pakistan's actual ethnic Kashmiris (like Nawaz Sharif) live in Punjab, like my family.

You are right on that front, what he is talking about is Pakistani's crossing over from Wagah and travelling throughout India.

You are right on that front, what he is talking about is Pakistani's crossing over from Wagah and travelling throughout India.
Not really possible unless you are one of the rare dual nationals

These threads are useless if you can't find a solution.

@WebMaster sir is there any improvement after separate Kashmir section?

All this emotional bull crap about the rights of Kashmiris is just for diplomacy and public consumption. India knows that the real issue is the water in the western rivers of the Indus system.

We should ensure water security through back channel diplomacy with India. And we can keep blabbering occasionally about the human rights issue as well. We are already 200 million. Who needs more people?

All this emotional bull crap about the rights of Kashmiris is just for diplomacy and public consumption. India knows that the real issue is the water in the western rivers of the Indus system.

We should ensure water security through back channel diplomacy with India. And we can keep blabbering occasionally about the human rights issue as well. We are already 200 million. Who needs more people?

Nice advice from this monkey. Nobody should listen to it.

Nice advice from this monkey. Nobody should listen to it.
The ones who matter (policy makers aka Army) are already doing this. Do you really think that Gen. Raheel Shareef gives a crap about the plight of the Kashmiris?

The concern has always been water and water only.

The ones who matter (policy makers aka Army) are already doing this. Do you really think that Gen. Raheel Shareef gives a crap about the plight of the Kashmiris?

If that is a question then YES he cares. He didn't miss his history class like you back in school.

If that is a question then YES he cares. He didn't miss his history class like you back in school.
You are right about the school. Thank God, I refused to be influenced by the garbage that is Mutalia-e-Pakistan (Pakistan Studies).

Kashmir is only vital to us due to the rivers. Otherwise, we lost East Pakistan and nobody gives a damn about it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom