What's new

Realistic worst care scenarios for Indian Muslims

ook up Sanskrit as a subject in high school as opposed to Hindi.

Do I have to be a scholar just to know it's significance for our civilization ?
No no-I was only asking because- I love to learn new languages- How tough is it to learn it- From your experience.
I would love to learn Sanskrit though- I was never equating this to any kind of significance- I did not have a choice growing up (The only choices I had were Tamil/Hindi/French/German)- I was not trolling-Believe me.

I am fine with Indian, Bhartiya or even Hindustani. "Hindu" have an explicit meaning today denoting a religious group.
It does, but we have to fix it.

Some foreigners coined it, and it stuck. We must undo it.

You for example, are a proud Hindustani Musalman (I'm guessing?)

A Muslim from Hind, Indus paar se, bole to !

We are one, it should matter little that our mazhabs differ.

No no-I was only asking because- I love to learn new languages- How tough is it to learn it- From your experience.
I would love to learn Sanskrit though- I was never equating this to any kind of significance- I did not have a choice growing up (The only choices I had were Tamil/Hindi/French/German)- I was not trolling-Believe me.
Fair enough, my man.

I did all of my schooling in Delhi, back then.. mid 90s, after one's 10 standard, we had to choose certain subjects over others to 'major' in. Back at the time, it was very common thought that Sanskrit was the easy way out.. "falam, faley, falani.." :lol:

Kindergarten level basics was all one was required to "master", hardcore Hindi literature by comparison.. dear lord !! naa jee :fie:, thank you of the very much :P

One of my maternal forefathers, great granps, apparently, translated a few works from Sanskrit to Hindi and English. I was lucky enough to have my granpa's younger sibling ("cousin nanu", a professor of sanskrit himself) coach me for the 2 years I had to do it.

I scored quite well. :coffee:

It does, but we have to fix it.

A Muslim from Hind, Indus paar se, bole to !

We are one, it should matter little that our mazhabs differ.

Fair enough, my man.

I did all of my schooling in Delhi, back then.. mid 90s, after one's 10 standard, we had to choose certain subjects over others to 'major' in. Back at the time, it was very common thought that Sanskrit was the easy way out.. "falam, faley, falani.." :lol:

Kindergarten level basics was all one was required to "master", hardcore Hindi literature by comparison.. dear lord !! naa jee :fie:, thank you of the very much :P

One of my maternal forefathers, great granps, apparently, translated a few works from Sanskrit to Hindi and English. I was lucky enough to have my granpa's younger sibling ("cousin nanu", a professor of sanskrit himself) coach me for the 2 years I had to do it.

I scored quite well. :coffee:

I was looking up some on-line training-Looks promising.

http://www.learnsanskrit.org/

No, need. It's fine there. If Hindus have problem with the term then they may discard it but don't impose it on all.
Not a chauvinist but I like my language and the place into I was born and grew up, would like my future generations to speak the same language, that's all.

I was looking up some on-line training-Looks promising.

http://www.learnsanskrit.org/
Nice 1 !

Go for it if you have the inclination for it. Being familiar with the devnagri/hindi script is half the battle won. The rest is your determination and how badly you want to learn.

A very unique language in so many ways but I'd be waay out of my depth talking about that, so I wont :P

I've met a few goras who come here to learn it, you can do it !

Not much different to learning a musical instrument, you fumble around, and it's tough as hell... eventually, with practice, one becomes proficient !

It's quite easy. Try it.

Nice 1 !

Go for it if you have the inclination for it. Being familiar with the devnagri/hindi script is half the battle won. The rest is your determination and how badly you want to learn.

A very unique language in so many ways but I'd be waay out of my depth talking about that, so I wont :P

Not much different to learning a musical instrument, you fumble around, and it's tough as hell... eventually, with practice, one becomes proficient !

How simple, how beautiful, how absolutely heart-touching.

I had my knuckle-dusters on, and was waiting for you, and now you've gone and confused everything.

@ChennaiDude

Do I remember correctly, did you say somewhere you were a Telugu? If so, listen to that simple but appealing song; I imagine you should understand 80% of it. If you are used to saying Sankranti Shubhakankshulu, you shouldn't have a problem at all.

Nice 1 !

The lady is a Sanghi.

Why is this promotion kosher here?

No worries. My history is always very sound (except when @kongn and other young lions come and point out in loud tones minor errors that I might have made).
@kongn is a Sanghi, if I am not wrong.

The lady is a Sanghi.

Why is this promotion kosher here?
5d7c94b204ec351a10c1792c11d3b8df.jpeg

broblem ?

Neither Sankaracharya, nor Madhvacharya, least of all Ramanujacharya, were Buddhist persecutors. Sankaracharya won a series of debates against exponents of Buddhism, and these had a great social impact. Madhvacharya did his thing in his own corner of the world, and it evidently did not affect Buddhism. As for Ramanujacharya, under persecution from the Saivite Kulothunga Chola, he took refuge with a Jain King with a Buddhist Queen!
I think this requires some rethinking though.

I have come across numerous articles stating how Sankaracharya and other Hindu leaders actually led massacres against Buddhists.

I can't find the sources now. @The_Showstopper can assist.

My point is that the primary reason for the decline of Buddhism from the Indian subcontinent was because of Hindu Brahmin violence against Buddhists and not isolated Muslim actions in wartime later.

5d7c94b204ec351a10c1792c11d3b8df.jpeg

broblem ?
Strawman response.

Her videos have no political content, so I don't know how she qualifies as a Sanghi. At worst she's doing it for views and money (by donations and youtube).

Nope. And he's more level-headed than you.
Check her Twitter account.

Kindly resist from making ad hominem attacks.

Back
Top Bottom