What's new

Real-time update on coronavirus outbreak

Yes, then you were getting arrest twice.

If they make you to go to a police station instead of you willingly walk in, that is called "Making an Arrest"

Arrest = 逮捕, which mean taking you into custody.
In China, no one thinks I was 被逮捕, People will laugh their heads off if you call that 逮捕 in China, in your coutry, that can mean different thing, but In China, no.

In China, no one thinks I was 被逮捕, People will laugh their heads off if you call that 逮捕 in China, in your coutry, that can mean different thing, but In China, no.

Depends on why you go to the police station. Under arrest mean you are forcibly taken to the police station, which you are not allow to leave until they finish the processing. If you are part of the brawl, then yes, you were under arrest.

If you are invited to the Police Station as a witness to the brawl, then no, you are not under arrest.

They don't need to process you and charge you even after you were arrested, as I said, if they make you to go to the police station, you were under arrest. Since I don't know and I don't plan on knowing what happened to you, you need to grasp the meaning yourself.

You do know what does that mean for an "Arrest"

If I steal something, Police come and bring me to a station and let me go in 20 minutes after serving me a CAN (Court Attendant Notice), I was still under arrest. The legal definition of arrest is the physical action of taking someone and detain them, or taking it into Police Custody, in most case, which mean going to a Police Station.

It doesn't matter how it turn out, he can be held until a court date. Or simply just sent a warning and let go. That is what happened after he was arrested. The action of taking someone to a Police station is called making an arrest.
How do you know police "took" him to police station? More like asked him to police station. No violence, no arrest warrant, no handcuffs. Just talked with police officer.

Your definition: Go to the police office + talk with police officer= arrested

Depends on why you go to the police station. Under arrest mean you are forcibly taken to the police station, which you are not allow to leave until they finish the processing. If you are part of the brawl, then yes, you were under arrest.

If you are invited to the Police Station as a witness to the brawl, then no, you are not under arrest.

They don't need to process you and charge you even after you were arrested, as I said, if they make you to go to the police station, you were under arrest. Since I don't know and I don't plan on knowing what happened to you, you need to grasp the meaning yourself.
The whole two teams were taken to a police station, not being invited of course, we were being reprimanded and made to apologise to each other and shake hands in the end. Still, what are we talking about is what's this being regarded in China, not in Australia, if you say we were 被逮捕了, People will literally laugh their heads off in China.

How do you police "took" him to police station? More like asked him to police station. No violence, no arrest warrant, no handcuffs. Just talked with police officer.

Your definition: Go to the police office + talk with police officer= arrested

You don't need an arrest warrant to arrest someone. Police Officer was given that warrant when they sworn in as Police Officer. Hence it was called a "Warrant Card"

Not all arrest go down fighting, most goes with the police without incident, you don't just go talk to a Police Officer, they are not some chat line you can call, if they bring him to the Police Station, whether or not he struggle or not or use handcuff or not, that in itself are making an arrest.

Lay off the TV please, actual world does not act like movie or TV series.

The whole two teams were taken to by police station, not being invited of course, we were being reprimanded and made to apologise to each other and shake hands in the end. Still, what are we talking about is what's this being regarded in China, not in Australia, if you say we were 被逮捕了, People will literally laugh their heads off in China.

I don't have a law Degree in Australia, I have a law degree in Hong Kong.

And by the look of it, in Hong Kong standard. Yes You were under arrest. Just because they give your a verbal warning (which is within their right to do so) and you were not charged does not mean they did not arrest you. Did they took your detail, ID card, your name and where you live. If you do, you already have 2 arrest records.

Again, I don't know and don't want to know what happen to you, but to me and the definition of getting arrest, you were under arrest. ask your local police station if you are unsure.

And by the look of it, in Hong Kong standard. Yes You were under arrest. I have a strong suspicion that they took your detail, ID card, your name and where you live. If you do, you already have 2 arrest records.

Again, I don't know and don't want to know what happen to you, but to me and the definition of getting arrest, you were under arrest. ask your local police station if you are unsure.

We are talking about things happened in China, not Hong kong, not Australia, maybe you don't have this form of reprimand law but in China it's very common, in China , we don't believe that's arrest, it's a warning at best. it seems you don't know much about Chinese laws.

Massive damage indeed. We are dealing with that in our company now. I myself is stuck on the way to expo in Nuremberg, god knows how things will come out.
Yeah, even companies in HK are not answering. We deal with accounts of a few companies based in HK and operations in China who are dead beat. No answer to any email requests.

I think the key number is the suspected cases, it's the indicator of where this disease will go.
Suspected cases keep increasing too. I hope this doesn't drag through March-April, then all of us are in for a big economic downturn.

You don't need an arrest warrant to arrest someone. Police Officer was given that warrant when they sworn in as Police Officer. Hence it was called a "Warrant Card"

Not all arrest go down fighting, most goes with the police without incident, you don't just go talk to a Police Officer, they are not some chat line you can call, if they bring him to the Police Station, whether or not he struggle or not or use handcuff or not, that in itself are making an arrest.

Lay off the TV please, actual world does not act like movie or TV series.

I don't have a law Degree in Australia, I have a law degree in Hong Kong.

And by the look of it, in Hong Kong standard. Yes You were under arrest. I have a strong suspicion that they took your detail, ID card, your name and where you live. If you do, you already have 2 arrest records.

Stop playing word game. You don't know how Chinese police system works. Anyone who was arrested would be recorded in police archive(案底). Take photos, leave fingerprints.
No Chinese think this as arrest.

We are talking about things happened in China, not Hong kong, not Australia, maybe you don't have this form of reprimand law but in China it's very common, in China , we don't believe that's arrest, it's a warning at best. it seems you don't know much about Chinese laws.

There are reprimand law in Hong Kong, usually for small stuff. What I am talking about is not law, but the definition of what constitution of an arrest.

Again, if you are unsure, ask you Police Station, you don't need to listen to me, and it was your record, not mind, I could not care less.

Stop playing word game. You don't know how Chinese police system works. Anyone who was arrested would be recorded in police archive(案底). Take photos, leave fingerprints.
No Chinese think this as arrest.

How do you have criminal record (案底) when you are not judged in the court? Since when do they streamline it so the Police can give you a criminal record? I know Chinese court system is a kangaroo court but still...…...

There are reprimand law in Hong Kong, usually for small stuff. What I am talking about is not law, but the definition of what constitution of an arrest.

Again, if you are unsure, ask you Police Station, you don't need to listen to me, and it was your record, not mind, I could not care less.
If I asked them if I was being arrested, they'll laugh and tell me to get out.

How do you have criminal record (案底) when you are not judged in the court? Since when do they streamline it so the Police can give you a criminal record? I know Chinese court system is a kangaroo court but still...…...
You don't know the differences between detention(拘留)and arrest(逮捕). It's another topic.

Again, that's your record, not mind, you don't want to ask them is your business.
LOL, so you insist that I was being arrested twice, lol, suddenly a whole bunch of people in my circle have the history of being arrested, very entertaining idea indeed.

You don't know the differences between detention(拘留)and arrest(逮捕).

umm, to arrest someone is to detain someone, i.e. putting a person in detention.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/arrest

arrest
1 the seizure or touching ofa person's body with a view to his detention. In many jurisdictions the fact of arrest triggers various legal protections of the person arrested, such as a right to remain silent and a right to legal advice.
2 in Scotland a form of preliminary attachment of moveables or an account

Detention does not mean it have to be official. Technically speaking, if a Police Officer stop you (With a reason) on the side of the street and ask you question about it, it could be seen as an detainment. Hence the action when he ask you to stop in the street is an act of making an arrest. However, the officer had to have a valid reason to stop you on the street. If he hasn't and just try to ask you to stop, it would be up to you whether or not you stop. Hence that is the technicality there.

You are confused about to prosecute and to arrest.

LOL, so you insist that I was being arrested twice, lol, suddenly a whole bunch of people in my circle have the history of being arrested, very entertaining idea indeed.

Again, it's your life, you don't want to know for sure, that's up to you.

Do you even have any legal background to be sure you are not arrested? If I were you, I would try and find out. But hey, you do what you do eh?

Again, it's your life, you don't want to know for sure, that's up to you.
Do you even have any legal background to be sure you are not arrested? If I were you, I would try and find out. But hey, you do what you do eh?
lol, that can give every China a good laugh, you can ask all Chinese to do the check you recommanded.

Back
Top Bottom