What's new

Real-time update on coronavirus outbreak

The panic is understandable.

The biggest difference I think so far is the advocating wearing of mask.

Now in China it's considered an offence if you go out not wearing a mask.
https://www.weibo.com/2803301701/IteH1cT4T

But in Singapore the government is advocating everyone not to wear a mask unless you're unwell, because the rate of consumption is not sustainable. Healthcare workers and those who are unwell need it more.

https://www.gov.sg/article/masking-up-how-and-when-you-should-do-it

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/wuhan-virus-smooth-start-to-free-mask-distribution-islandwide

english_advisory-on-wearing-mask.jpg

photo6172561358558702104.jpg

xf76grl46ee41.jpg

I just come back from Hong Kong after the CNY celebration (if you call that a celebration) and I see a stark contrast on people wearing mask. In Hong Kong, everybody does that, which drive up the price of the mask 700 folds. My mother said we have around 2000 mask at the start of January, down to 50 a week ago. 5 people (my family + domestic helper) used 1900 mask in just 40 days......even tho Carrie Lam goes on TV saying people should not wear mask if they do not need them.

Here in Australia, I don't see people wear mask in the street at all, even though the situaion is probably the same or similar than in Hong Kong. I even walk into one of the Doctor Office today and nobody is wearing mask, they have poster put up saying you need to seek medical advice if you have been to China for the last 14 days, that's it.

I guess when it come down to. Its about the trust of the government and the trust to the medical service/system. I mean that's just the way it is. The 10 days I went back, I would say it is a lot worse than the timeI went back during the height of anti-government protest last year. It is not somewhere you want to be.

Didn't some anti China shits say the 8 doctors were arrested? How come it is "reprimanded" now?

He was arrested......Did you see the letter he have to sign about not going to spread false rumour? Do you think the Police bring it to his home or hospital so he can sign him?

RIP

I just come back from Hong Kong after the CNY celebration (if you call that a celebration) and I see a stark contrast on people wearing mask. In Hong Kong, everybody does that, which drive up the price of the mask 700 folds. My mother said we have around 2000 mask at the start of January, down to 50 a week ago. 5 people (my family + domestic helper) used 1900 mask in just 40 days......even tho Carrie Lam goes on TV saying people should not wear mask if they do not need them.

Here in Australia, I don't see people wear mask in the street at all, even though the situaion is probably the same or similar than in Hong Kong. I even walk into one of the Doctor Office today and nobody is wearing mask, they have poster put up saying you need to seek medical advice if you have been to China for the last 14 days, that's it.

I guess when it come down to. Its about the trust of the government and the trust to the medical service/system. I mean that's just the way it is. The 10 days I went back, I would say it is a lot worse than the timeI went back during the height of anti-government protest last year. It is not somewhere you want to be.

I think it's just cultural differences. In East Asia especially Japan it's very common to wear a mask, surgical or non-surgical, even during other times.

But in other places even like Singapore, it's very weird to see someone wearing a mask. Even celebrities don't wear a mask here.

I think it's just cultural differences. In East Asia especially Japan it's very common to wear a mask, surgical or non-surgical, even during other times.

But in other places even like Singapore, it's very weird to see someone wearing a mask. Even celebrities don't wear a mask here.

Not sure if I would agree on the culture issue, I see a lot of Asian here also don't wear mask. And as you said, Singaporean in general don't wear mask as well, I mean all these people are still Asian and have Asian culture.

But I would agree Japan have a thing about wearing mask, but I thought it's just personal hygiene issue.

A side effect of lockdowns on Chinese cities is tens or even hundreds of millions of motor vehicles will stop moving. Billions of litres of petrol will not be burnt in the combustion engines for weeks.

Countries exporting crude and refined oils will see the prices of their oil exports nose dive.

Screenshot (1963).png

Last edited:
A side effect of lockdowns on Chinese cities is tens or even hundreds of millions of motor vehicles will stop moving. Billions of litres of petrol will not be burnt in the combustion engines for weeks.

Countries exporting crude and refined oils will see the prices of their oil exports nose dive.

China economy will also take a nosedive...
OPEC will do as before... Cut production and hope for Price increase...

I think the key number is the suspected cases, it's the indicator of where this disease will go.

He was arrested......Did you see the letter he have to sign about not going to spread false rumour? Do you think the Police bring it to his home or hospital so he can sign him?

RIP
Stay in police office for a couple of hours. Sign a paper and then go home. You call that "arrested"?

Stay in police office for a couple of hours. Sign a paper and then go home. You call that "arrested"?

You do know what does that mean for an "Arrest"

If I steal something, Police come and bring me to a station and let me go in 20 minutes after serving me a CAN (Court Attendant Notice), I was still under arrest. The legal definition of arrest is the physical action of taking someone and detain them, or taking it into Police Custody, in most case, which mean going to a Police Station.

It doesn't matter how it turn out, he can be held until a court date. Or simply just sent a warning and let go. That is what happened after he was arrested. The action of taking someone to a Police station is called making an arrest.

In that case I was at least being arrested twice, for taking part in brawls with my teammates during soccer matches. Reprimanded but no crimimal record though.

In that case I was at least being arrested twice, for taking part in brawls with my teammates during soccer matches.

Yes, then you were getting arrest twice.

If they make you to go to a police station instead of you willingly walk in, that is called "Making an Arrest"

Arrest = 逮捕, which mean taking you into custody.

Back
Top Bottom