Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Not giving change to U19 team players

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Love of dinasor failed un athletic players

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too much relax attitude in training and match preparation

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
I think the real issue is the lack of world class experienced batting talent. It is surely a temporary phase and the intrinsic talent will come to the fore again in a matter of time.

All the rest of the factors have been there at all times and the sheer talent had made sure the team chugged along, sometimes near the top, sometimes not.

I am not sure it is just the lack of talent alone now though - the Australians were so dominant with the team under Waugh, and then Ponting with McGrath and Warne, not solely because they had exceptional talent and the other teams did not, but because they were also very strong technically, and had the mental strength and discipline to focus on plans and execute them to perfection.

If the Aussies are faltering now, it is because they have not yet replaced Warne and McGrath with people of similar caliber. Yet they are still amongst the top teams because of their technical strength. Imagine the current Aussie lineup with Mohammed Amir and Graeme Swann ...

Unfortunately, this is something that needs to be worked on at a very young level IMO, and IMO desi's are in general very 'laid back', to put it nicely, and that reflects especially in the amount of training and focus Pakistani players bring to the team, and also therefore for their inconsistent form, even when they had greats like W&W, Inzi and SA in the team.

In the subcontinent teams, IMO it is the Sri Lankans that come closest to the Aussies in terms of mindset and technical preparation.

I am not sure it is just the lack of talent alone now though - the Australians were so dominant with the team under Waugh, and then Ponting with McGrath and Warne, not solely because they had exceptional talent and the other teams did not, but because they were also very strong technically, and had the mental strength and discipline to focus on plans and execute them to perfection.

I think the presence of some great talent was the main reason for Australian dominance. The team revolved around comparatively a few top players: McGrath, Warne, Ponting etc. The others were competent but not exceptional.

Look at who contributed to their phenomenal run and it would be the same players forming the core and the rest chipping in around them. Another thing was also that at that time, other teams were comparatively weak and didn't offer strong enough resistance. When India did that at the peak of Australian power in 2001, they crumbled.

Mental strength is important and it comes from self-belief.

After the retirement of McGrath and Warne, that dominance was bound to go down, irrespective of whether the new team had the same mental strength.

If the Aussies are faltering now, it is because they have not yet replaced Warne and McGrath with people of similar caliber. Yet they are still amongst the top teams because of their technical strength. Imagine the current Aussie lineup with Mohammed Amir and Graeme Swann ...

I think Australia is not the top team now because of the lack of top class talent now to replace the big void that has been created. They were always a competent team near the top and that will likely not change in a hurry. Now everyone believes that they can defeat Australia.

Unfortunately, this is something that needs to be worked on at a very young level IMO, and IMO desi's are in general very 'laid back', to put it nicely, and that reflects especially in the amount of training and focus Pakistani players bring to the team, and also therefore for their inconsistent form, even when they had greats like W&W, Inzi and SA in the team.

Yes. That is always the case and still the teams produced results when they had really top class talent.
In the subcontinent teams, IMO it is the Sri Lankans that come closest to the Aussies in terms of mindset and technical preparation.

Agree. Though India has also improved quite a bit now. Some players are laid back but the overall culture has changed quite a bit.

I think the real reason for failure is lack of quality captain with good leadership skills. Wasim Akram, my favorite cricketer, in one of his interviews said how Imran khan lead the team and motivated them to achieve the world cup glory.

Be it politics or cricket we all need good leaders to bring the best out of even the dumbest bunch.

Pakistan has lot of talent and can be very good team. I feel the problem is not being persitant in selecting players. One match lost you change Captain, next match team changed. You need to give time for new team to mature.

No conspiracy theory why going for a nagative side of the rode india got out on 88 against NZ.. who would not like to be a hero for a nation every cricketer wants to perform at the best level of his skills for his nation

the real reason is england is playing better cricket then us n also looks a better side ..but as MY is back we might see something better from pakistan but it's not a bright idea for the future of pakistan cricket younge guys should be given more chances

They missed the last IPL!
Maybe thats why they are going bad.
:P

stupid argument. Test cricket and IPL are completely different and require different style pf playing.

Indians played in the last IPL 2010 and yet sucked in the T20 2010. Pakistanis didnt play IPL 2010 and reached semi-finals. Indians played IPL 2009 and sucked in T20 2009. Pakistanis didnt play IPL 2009 and won T20 2009.

so lets not bring IPL here!

The biggest problem with Pak players is a lack of preparedness and lack of discipline. The number of dropped catches are a testament to how poor their fielding discipline was. Literally, our old high school U-13 team drops less catches!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom