• Not giving change to U19 team players

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Love of dinasor failed un athletic players

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too much relax attitude in training and match preparation

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
"None selection of Karachi batsmen like Asim Kamal and Fuad Alam"
That is just wrong. Their being from Karachi has nothing to do with not being selected. This statement stinks of MQM tactics.

"Love of dinasor failed un athletic players"
What does this mean? Shoaib Akhtar?

Anyway, the biggest problem is the lack of quality batsmen. If you guys watched the matches like I did, you would have noticed that the commentators kept emphasizing the lack of experience Pakistani batsmen showed by showing bad temperament, lack of patience and nervousness. Batsmen like Yousuf or Younis, whether in or out of form, would not show these characteristics because they've been around long enough.

In conditions like England's, it's all about, as Shane Warne kept saying, scoring "dirty" runs. Any first-class cricketer can score a century on flat Sri Lankan tracks (Sehwag, Ganguly), it takes real talent, skill and experience to pull of a century in overcast English conditions (Tendulkar, Dravid). When the ball is darting around and bouncing, you need players that can just stick around until things start going their way. We don't have any players like those, and therefore, require Yousuf and Younis, regardless of form, to make a return.

Players who show chronic nervousness and/or callousness, such as Imran Farhat and Umar Akmal, should be benched. Not everyone is cut out for Test Cricket, as Afridi showed recently. Also keep Kamran Akmal out until he regains some confidence.

As bad as things look, trust me when I say this, it won't take too much to turn things around if we make the right changes now. If all the batsmen can do is give this bowling attack a minimum of 200 runs to defend in each innings, the bowlers will make them look good. If, however, we keep getting bowled out for 72, 80, 124 and so on, our woes shall continue.

Where is the obvious Zardari-is-responsible option?

Didn't Zardari appoint Ijaz Butt, the utterly incompetent PCB Chairman, who has the identical (to Zardari) tendency to push an issue until it blows up in his face (banning players) and then has to backtrack (unban everyone and even 'un-retire' one? :D

In conditions like England's, it's all about, as Shane Warne kept saying, scoring "dirty" runs.

Absolutely - much like both Z Haider and Ajmal's innings, though ZH did unveil some class shots later on, he was scratchy to begin with.

But that said, in the second innings atleast the Pakistani top order fell to some top class off spin - Farhat, Ali and Amin I believe.

U Akmal might have thought he was facing Shane Warne, so distressed was he at the exclusion of his brother that he lost track of time and opponent, and hence padded up to an offie!:woot:

Mental strength - that is what is missing, and other than ZH and SA no one has shown it so far. There is a reason no one counts the Aussies out (or used to at least) even when there is only one recognized batsman at the crease.

Absolutely - much like both Z Haider and Ajmal's innings, though ZH did unveil some class shots later on, he was scratchy to begin with.

But that said, in the second innings atleast the Pakistani top order fell to some top class off spin - Farhat, Ali and Amin I believe.

U Akmal might have thought he was facing Shane Warne, so distressed was he at the exclusion of his brother that he lost track of time and opponent, and hence padded up to an offie!:woot:

BTW, in true Nadeem F Paracha fashion, one might ask me, the source of some ridicule of the Pakistan team, 'what I have done to score runs against the English of late!'

I'll admit, I am a horrible cricket player, having spent my time in school playing soccer and tennis instead. I must now sulk away into a corner, since my lack of cricketing ability leaves me no room to criticize the professionals who ostensibly possess said rare ability, yet disappoint their fans so often.

But SO WHAT if these players are a miserable lot of incompetent and corrupt individuals, would say NFP, aren't there other cricketing failures out there? Was I criticizing them when they were failing?

I admit, I have it 'in' for this Pakistan team in particular because they are 'liberal' and wish to 'make peace with India' and control the 'establishment' .. errr ... I mean insidious cricket board, that is supporting the Taliban ... err .. I mean the Saeed Anwar and Inzamam bloc.

Had this team included a few bearded fellows and that Sohail Tanvir fellow of vitriol against Hindus fame, I would have no problems with it!

Last edited:
Didn't Zardari appoint Ijaz Butt, the utterly incompetent PCB Chairman, who has the identical (to Zardari) tendency to push an issue until it blows up in his face (banning players) and then has to backtrack (unban everyone and even 'un-retire' one? :D

Imagine if Ijaz Butt happened to be the Chief Executive of this country. You might say things couldn't be any worse, but actually they can be far worse in any case where Ijaz Butt is involved.

Imagine if he were to be Supreme Leader Ijaz Butt along the likes of Kim Jong Il.

Friends were having a twitter-debate about the hypothetical political affiliations of out current and past cricketers and the state of the nation if it were to be under them. Was a real fun session.

BTW, in true Nadeem F Paracha fashion, one might ask me, the source of some ridicule of the Pakistan team, 'what I have done to score runs against the English of late!'

I'll admit, I am a horrible cricket player, having spent my time in school playing soccer and tennis instead. I must now sulk away into a corner, since my lack of cricketing ability leaves me no room to criticize the professionals who ostensibly possess said rare ability, yet disappoint their fans so often.

But SO WHAT if these players are a miserable lot of incompetent and corrupt individuals, would say NFP, aren't there other cricketing failures out there? Was I criticizing them when they were failing?

I admit, I have it 'in' for this Pakistan team in particular because they are 'liberal' and wish to 'make peace with India' and control the 'establishment' .. errr ... I mean insidious cricket board, that is supporting the Taliban ... err .. I mean the Saeed Anwar and Inzamam bloc.

Had this team included a few bearded fellows and that Sohail Tanvir fellow of vitriol against Hindus fame, I would have no problems with it!
Hilarious stuff. But then again, I'm biased because I already like you for your sympathies towards the Jalaluddin Anwar Network and Tehreek-e-Inzamam-ul-Haq.

BTW, my post count isn't increasing, something is wrong with the forum, or the admins have it in for me! :devil:

from neutral perspective, I would say Pakistan Cricket lacks only at LEADERSHIP front. I have been childhood admirer of Imran Khan. A man with true grit & real determination. He was the binding force for Pak cricket for decades. Akram was good but only the shadow of Imran.
Now there is no one to look forward. Dude, Cricket use to be so much fun when both India & pakistan were on equal footing. I really miss those day.

I think the real issue is the lack of world class experienced batting talent. It is surely a temporary phase and the intrinsic talent will come to the fore again in a matter of time.

All the rest of the factors have been there at all times and the sheer talent had made sure the team chugged along, sometimes near the top, sometimes not.

"None selection of Karachi batsmen like Asim Kamal and Fuad Alam"
That is just wrong. Their being from Karachi has nothing to do with not being selected. This statement stinks of MQM tactics.

"Love of dinasor failed un athletic players"
What does this mean? Shoaib Akhtar?

Anyway, the biggest problem is the lack of quality batsmen. If you guys watched the matches like I did, you would have noticed that the commentators kept emphasizing the lack of experience Pakistani batsmen showed by showing bad temperament, lack of patience and nervousness. Batsmen like Yousuf or Younis, whether in or out of form, would not show these characteristics because they've been around long enough.

In conditions like England's, it's all about, as Shane Warne kept saying, scoring "dirty" runs. Any first-class cricketer can score a century on flat Sri Lankan tracks (Sehwag, Ganguly), it takes real talent, skill and experience to pull of a century in overcast English conditions (Tendulkar, Dravid). When the ball is darting around and bouncing, you need players that can just stick around until things start going their way. We don't have any players like those, and therefore, require Yousuf and Younis, regardless of form, to make a return.

Players who show chronic nervousness and/or callousness, such as Imran Farhat and Umar Akmal, should be benched. Not everyone is cut out for Test Cricket, as Afridi showed recently. Also keep Kamran Akmal out until he regains some confidence.

As bad as things look, trust me when I say this, it won't take too much to turn things around if we make the right changes now. If all the batsmen can do is give this bowling attack a minimum of 200 runs to defend in each innings, the bowlers will make them look good. If, however, we keep getting bowled out for 72, 80, 124 and so on, our woes shall continue.

I will agree that Ganguly was not so comfortable against the bouncing ball (He did score well in the fantastic series India had in the bouncing conditions in Australia in 2001 and where India silenced many naysayers).

Sehwag has done well in all conditions and against all oppositions. It was his innings in the second test in that series which started the turnaround for India, not only in Australia but the team's fortunes since then.

I know you are trying to be objective but I would disagree with your examples here.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom