What's new

Razzaq, Kamran axed for West Indies ODIs and T20s

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Razzaq, Kamran axed for West Indies ODIs and T20s

Abdul Razzaq and Kamran Akmal have been axed from Pakistan's combined ODI and Twenty20 squad for the upcoming tour of West Indies. Senior players Umar Gul and Younis Khan have been rested. Shahid Afridi will lead the team that features a new wicketkeeper, Mohammad Salman. The Test squad will be named at a later date.

Squad: Shahid Afridi (capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shahzad, Taufiq Umar, Usman Salahuddin, Misbah-ul-Haq, Asad Shafiq, Umar Akmal, Abdul Rehman, Saeed Ajmal, Tanvir Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Hammad Azam, Aizaz Cheema and Mohammad Salman (wk)

Reserves: Rameez Raja (jnr), Sadaf Hussain, Asif Zakir, Sohail Khan, Zulifqar Babar

Razzaq, Kamran axed for West Indies ODIs and T20s | Pakistan Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Why the hell Abdul Razzaq is axed and not Misbah. :hitwall:

What rubbish.:hitwall:

Abdul Razzaq is a really good player, why he out?

I have a feeling, Pakistan cricket will go even further down then what it is today.

bravo, what a squad, razzaq is rightly axed because he had no performance in the world cup, secondly hammad azam is a better young option, he has both pace and he bats well and a likely young replacement, razzaq is likely to retire soon anyway

the squad is packed with youn blood

but wht intregues me is that why wasnt misbah axed, also taufiq umer, not good

i also dont see daamad :D

where is umer gul???

razzaq was supposed to retire after the WC? what happened? k/akmal is still useful as a batsman.i dont see the logic of bringing in t/umar. a/shehzad was a 'flop' in the WC.

I guess with two alrounders already in the team (Afridi - the bowling Allrounder and Hafeez - the Batting allrounder), the selectors feel that the team would be better off with a specialized batsman/bowler rather than Razzaq who has been struggling in both suits...

Bad Move: Kamran must not be axed... He was good at opening... He must have taken as a batsman, and Pakistan could have called Zuklrain haider as wk.... In WC Kamran has shown some talent with bat.... Its very difficult to get a good opening pair, Pak cricket management is doing wrong thing...

Its happen many time that the wk is taken as batsman... eg: Karthik , he is a wicket keeper but he was taken as batsman many time,. Sangakara: Many time I have seen sanga not keeping.. T dilshan: is also a very good Wk...

kamran is not a very good batsman, his averae is low, he only bats well in 1/10 matches, also akmal monopoly in team

You all are missing one point that they have not included Sarfraz Ahmed who has been performing excellently at the domestic level and is number 1 in the domestic season where as Mohammad Salman is at number 8 ! Another lost of great talent:hitwall:

i like this team but why not sarfraz ahmed and why taufiq umar??apparently ijaz butt stopped fawad alam from coming into the team.

For me the shock is naved latif not being included. Oh please spare us from fawad alam and damad G. Ahmed shezad still deserves a chance.

Fawad alam and Zulqarnain not included :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

And have you guys watched Razzaq fielding??? he puts in 0 energy. Hammad Azam is the one for the future (you remember his U19 worldcup performance). He should be given time.

Back
Top Bottom