Raytheon Awarded $8.6 Million for AIM-9X Support in Saudi Arabia

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Raytheon to Support AIM-9X for Saudi Arabia

April 17, 2013
George I. Seffers

Raytheon Missile Systems, Tucson, Ariz., is being awarded an $8,627,879 modification to a previously awarded cost-plus-fixed-fee contract services in support of the Phase II AIM-9X System Improvement Program for the U.S. Air Force, Navy, and the government of Saudi Arabia, including hardware and software development activities and implementation of security architecture requirements.

AIM-9X-Sidewinder.jpg

Raytheon Awarded $8.6 Million for AIM-9X Support in Saudi Arabia - U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council

I think Saudi should join NATO......... exposer to RWB(real world battles) will be good for there development.

next phase should be aggressive joint venture's with Turkey & S.Korea.

I think Saudi should join NATO......... exposer to RWB(real world battles) will be good for there development.

NATO = North atlantic!!!!!!!!!

It does not matter how good allies they are, the entire political/religious/cultural system is totally different then the west.
Besides Saudi arabia will not be share borders to any of the other NATO powers.

Iraq’s general chief staff Babakir zebari tried to put Iraq in NATO but he failed even though iraq borders a NATO coutry.
Libya failed.
They are not looking for more NATO allies, today NATO has little purpose compared to the days of the cold war.

Raytheon to Support AIM-9X for Saudi Arabia

April 17, 2013
George I. Seffers

Raytheon Missile Systems, Tucson, Ariz., is being awarded an $8,627,879 modification to a previously awarded cost-plus-fixed-fee contract services in support of the Phase II AIM-9X System Improvement Program for the U.S. Air Force, Navy, and the government of Saudi Arabia, including hardware and software development activities and implementation of security architecture requirements.

AIM-9X-Sidewinder.jpg

Raytheon Awarded $8.6 Million for AIM-9X Support in Saudi Arabia - U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council

Great news.

There is no need to join NATO. Nobody in Saudi Arabia - apart from the liberals/atheists would support such an idea. It would not even be beneficial for KSA to join NATO.

There are already excellent relations with USA, UK, France and to a smaller extent Germany. The most powerful NATO member states. The remaining ones are not that relevant.

Aside from that then KSA have good and still growing relations with countries like China and Russia. NATO is against those two countries. There are good relations with India as well.

KSA should not join any political/military alliance other than the Arab League they are already a leading key player in. Obviously apart from the GCC, OIC, MWL etc. Better to have friendly relations with the most important countries and mutual interests rather than pushing for one alliance at the expense of a more worse relation with countries like China - in case of joining NATO.

NATO = North atlantic!!!!!!!!!

It does not matter how good allies they are, the entire political/religious/cultural system is totally different then the west.
Besides Saudi arabia will not be share borders to any of the other NATO powers.

Iraq’s general chief staff Babakir zebari tried to put Iraq in NATO but he failed even though iraq borders a NATO coutry.
Libya failed.
They are not looking for more NATO allies, today NATO has little purpose compared to the days of the cold war.

There is no need to join NATO. Nobody in Saudi Arabia - apart from the liberals/atheists would support such an idea. It would not even be beneficial for KSA to join NATO.

There are already excellent relations with USA, UK, France and to a smaller extent Germany. The most powerful NATO member states. The remaining ones are not that relevant.

Aside from that KSA have good and still growing relations with countries like China and Russia. NATO is against those two countries. There are good relations with India as well.

KSA should not join any political/military alliance other than the Arab League they are already a leading key player in. Obviously apart from GCC, OIC, MWL etc. Better to have friendly relations with the most important countries and mutual interests rather than pushing for one alliance at the expense of a more worse relation with countries like China - in case of joining NATO.

The purpose is to participate in actual war scenario's where they can be exposed........no matter how much u train there is a huge diff b/w virtual and reality.

they are already working on joint C&C for the region why not take things further.

Iraq simply can-not qualify......

Saudi military is one of the biggest in the world and they should be mobile.....they themselves should be capable to protect the entire region alone.

Or they can simply start with participating in UN lead missions.

@United, many European nations with a weak military joined NATO, it is not about military power.
NATO is not looking for a new strong allie, who is the threat ? they do not have any threat today like in the cold war, Saudi arabia has a big military in terms of numbers of equipment, still I would not rate their military over that of Turkey.

They would have taken Australia in NATO a long time ago if it was about more allies and more military power

Besides, as they did during the cold war, if they wanted middle eastern nations to be allied to NATO they would make a new organization CENTO, including a middle eastern country ( except Turkey ) in NATO is unrealistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
@United, many European nations with a weak military joined NATO, it is not about military power.
NATO is not looking for a new strong allie, who is the threat ? they do not have any threat today like in the cold war, Saudi arabia has a big military in terms of numbers of equipment, still I would not rate their military over that of Turkey.

They would have taken Australia in NATO a long time ago if it was about more allies and more military power

you failed to get his point. He meant, It will be beneficial for Saudi Army to engage In NATO Op for experience and training purposes.
@United, I take @al-Hasani side

Last edited by a moderator:
The purpose is to participate in actual war scenario's where they can be exposed........no matter how much u train there is a huge diff b/w virtual and reality.

they are already working on joint C&C for the region why not take things further.

Iraq simply can-not qualify......

Saudi military is one of the biggest in the world and they should be mobile.....they themselves should be capable to protect the entire region alone.

Or they can simply start with participating in UN lead missions.

Well, there are often joint military military exercises. Mutual agreements of training and exchanges. Well the GCC is local and among neighboring Arab countries.

Well, nobody is interested in war. Also I cannot imagine any country attacking KSA. Can you imagine a foreign power bombing Makkah and Madinah? What would the reaction be among the 1.7 billion Muslims worldwide? Not to mention how huge KSA is and how difficult it would be to conquer and control. I don't think that it is possible. Whole Southern KSA and Hejaz would be like Afghanistan (mountains as well) and the resistance would be enormous.

Not to forget that KSA is the biggest exporter of oil and gas and central to the world economy and stability.

Saudis/Arabs/Muslims would point fingers at Saudi Arabia if they joined UN lead missions in for example Muslim areas. Just think about why the UAE forces who work in Afghanistan have such a low profile.

Arab Soldiers - YouTube

NATO operations would be beneficial but as I mentioned there are already numerous military deals/exchanges, joint military operations/training with the most influential NATO members (USA, UK, France etc.) so there is no need for it I think. Because there are more negatives than positives on the long run.

Well, there are often joint military military exercises. Mutual agreements of training and exchanges. Well the GCC is local and among neighboring Arab countries.

Well, nobody is interested in war. Also I cannot imagine any country attacking KSA. Can you imagine a foreign power bombing Makkah and Madinah? What would the reaction be among the 1.7 billion Muslims worldwide? Not to mention how huge KSA is and how difficult it would be to conquer and control. I don't think that it is possible. Whole Southern KSA and Hejaz would be like Afghanistan (mountains as well) and the resistance would be enormous.

Not to forget that KSA is the biggest exporter of oil and gas and central to the world economy and stability.

Saudis/Arabs/Muslims would point fingers at Saudi Arabia if they joined UN lead missions in for example Muslim areas. Just think about why the UAE forces who work in Afghanistan have such a low profile.

Arab Soldiers - YouTube

NATO operations would be beneficial but as I mentioned there are already numerous military deals/exchanges, joint military operations/training with the most influential NATO members (USA, UK, France etc.) so there is no need for it I think. Because there are more negatives than positives on the long run.

Threats that face GCC are from booth muslims and non-muslims alike............few days back emirati polce busted al-qaida cell.

we are situated in one of the worlds most active war-zone we should be prepared.........i really dont want to see another Kuwait scenario......

u think the muslim world likes foreign forces protecting the Holy land?.........we are at war from all sides its just matter of time we need to be ready.

there are many hush-hush operations which GCC army participate but........there one front which we are missing n that is military media propaganda(psychiatric warfare)........this is what makes enemy moral low even without actual war.....propagating our self larger.

participating in foreign mission's will re-fresh our counter-strike capabilities.

Qatar could just face the same thing Kuwait faced if the US navy decides to leave.
And actually, majority here would agree with me that Qatar would deserve it.
They should keep themselves busy building skycrapers, not get involved in things they have nothing to do with.

Qatar could just face the same thing Kuwait faced if the US navy decides to leave.
And actually, majority here would agree with me that Qatar would deserve it.
They should keep themselves busy building skycrapers, not get involved in things they have nothing to do with.

Dare to get close we will eat you alive. No mercy when it comes to GCC borders.

Dare to get close we will eat you alive. No mercy when it comes to GCC borders.

lol

No one is afraid of GCC or your peninsula force, its the 5th fleet and the US air force.
No need for further explanation.

try then. you already did once and you saw what happened. no need for further explanation....

Why do you want to start the 1990 discussion again, you know that when it comes to this khaleejis come with 5 against me cause they can’t take the facts.
We use other threads for the chuwaitis, here its about qatar

Threats that face GCC are from booth muslims and non-muslims alike............few days back emirati polce busted al-qaida cell.

we are situated in one of the worlds most active war-zone we should be prepared.........i really dont want to see another Kuwait scenario......

u think the muslim world likes foreign forces protecting the Holy land?.........we are at war from all sides its just matter of time we need to be ready.

there are many hush-hush operations which GCC army participate but........there one front which we are missing n that is military media propaganda(psychiatric warfare)........this is what makes enemy moral low even without actual war.....propagating our self larger.

participating in foreign mission's will re-fresh our counter-strike capabilities.

Only Muslim threats are non-Sunnis - meaning the Shias in Iran and Southern Iraq who have plenty of delusional dreams. And they are a tiny minority in the Arab and Muslim world and our region for that matter (Middle East). No sane person would be afraid of them.

Which non-Muslims would dare to attack KSA? Or bomb Makkah and Madinah? Only nation in the whole world who could do it would be USA and if they wanted they would have done it 70 years ago. Not only in KSA but all the Muslim world since the economic/technological/military differences were FAR greater between us at that time.

Kuwait will not be invaded by anyone.

No non-locals/non-Muslims are protecting the Holy Land. It's all local.

I agree with you about the hostile area but KSA and the Arabian Peninsula is one of the most stable areas in the world -aside form Yemen which will Insha'Allah get much better ones it joins GCC.

Explain the propaganda part. Not sure what you mean?

KSA military is among the very best not only in the region but the whole world. Joint training operations with the best militaries have taken place for decades now.

I don't think that there is any country foolish enough to attack KSA and there is a reason why that never happened. The British, when they colonized most of the Arab world (French too) did not dare to touch KSA either despite the great size, strategic location, importance and natural wealth. And that was long time ago.

Also if NATO was that beneficial you would have seen other Muslim nations than Turkey joining it. They also have a hard time balancing them being NATO members and wanting influence in the Muslim world/East.

I think KSA is doing the right thing as of now but it should be constantly evaluated though which I am sure it is.

Back
Top Bottom