What's new

U.S. awards contract for Saudi helicopter fleet in advance of Obama trip

Only extremists nut-jobs would know better! :lol:

I'm not an extremist nor a nutjob, I'm speaking of the general assumptions made in the Arabic world about Saudi Arabia.

:lol: Define the term " Regional Power " :lol:?

Regional power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KSA never tried to project itself in any way to be an X or Y power. If others tend to look upon us this way, then fine. Egypt was run by a bunch of rouge politicans, who were removed in power by their own people. The only thing KSA did was to support the Egyptian people.

I'm just glad to see you openly admitting that we are helping people by handing billions of dollars. This is what the civil countries do.

You're making assertions with no basis, if you believe Egypt was run by 'rogue' politicians then you need to explain what you mean by this.

Saudi Arabia didn't help Egypt, it only tried exercising control over the Egyptian military leadership in order to safeguard itself from the inevitable Arab Islamist victory that would have taken hold in their country.

But then again, I expect nothing from an illiterate extremist nut-job.

What a great rebuttal.

Yeah, just like what the Saudis did by invading Bahrain:
BBC News - Gulf states send forces to Bahrain following protests
Or similar to the unilateral action we took in Egypt:
Egypt crisis strains US-Saudi ties - Features - Al Jazeera English
If that's what you call an independent foreign policy then you're looking at it from a very limited sense. The Western world gives Saudi Arabia a free pass to crackdown on civilians in Bahrain. That's not unilateral, the West just turns a blind eye to it since their policy isn't about justice in the first place.

Am I supposed to be impressed? :lol:

We don't attack civilians. This isn't who we are. We only attack terrorists in Yemen, Iraq, and within our own soil. Hadn't these terrorists attacked us, no body would attack them in the first place. Same goes with Iran, we attacked them three times, and every time they chickened out.

So you didn't kill civilians in Bahrain?

Who are you joking? Those weapons don't give any significant advantages to Syrian rebels and hence why they've expressed frustration over and over again from the lack of significant support. We all know Saudi Arabia at one point out an end to arms supplies since the US and allies had warned of them getting in the hands of extremists.

Yeah, building major components of an aircraft is insignificant :lol:

That's not significant from a big picture, once Saudi Arabia's military industry comes anywhere near that of Israel's then we will say its significant.

Listen to the baboon :rofl:

We invaded Bahrain unilaterialy ..

We supported Egypt unilaterally

We bombed the terrorists in Yemen unilaterally

& We armed the Free Syrian Army with sophisticated weapons unilaterally

Nothing was unilateral about any of that, the US bombs Yemeni civilians along with Saudi Arabia, the US arms the FSA along with Saudi Arabia, the West turns a blind eye to Bahrain on behalf of Saudi Arabia.

And no, thanks. We don't need random terrorist savages to fight on our behalf, we are strong enough to take care of our enemies who pose direct threat to us.

This is coming from the number one supporter of savage Al Qaeda terrorists in the region. Maliki was right, he said in a speech eventually the terrorism Saudi Arabia supports in Iraq will occur in their land.

Typical response from an enraged Italian closet warrior, name calling and smileys all over the place as if that's going to make your arguments any stronger. :lol:

Wait, so this contract is basically Saudis asking U.S to "maintain" their helicopters? I thought Saudis could now atleast maintain their weaponry and stuff..lol

Wait, so this contract is basically Saudis asking U.S to "maintain" their helicopters? I thought Saudis could now atleast maintain their weaponry and stuff..lol

provide spare parts and equipment not maintenance.

provide spare parts and equipment not maintenance.

If KSA is spending billions, should it establish industrial capacity to maintain and develop spare parts in home?

82 Apache attack helicopters should come with capacity to maintain and develop spares in house, if not complete ToT.

If KSA is spending billions, should it establish industrial capacity to maintain and develop spare parts in home?

82 Apache attack helicopters should come with capacity to maintain and develop spares in house, if not complete ToT.

No, we still haven't gotten 0 out of the 70 Apaches we ordered yet. We only fly 12 Apaches, and for more than 20 years we were in charge of their maintenance.

No, we still haven't gotten 0 out of the 70 Apaches we ordered yet. We only fly 12 Apaches, and for more than 20 years we were in charge of their maintenance.
If USA creates problem go for some other attack helicopter now you can even get from Turkey and also China they are developing really good attack helicopters and if you have around 350000 Army you really need large number of attack helicopters to provide support to your Army

Back
Top Bottom