What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will davis be let out free...?

YES is the short answer, whether anyone likes it or not. He will of course face charges in US courts which do have jurisdiction over him.

Qureshi claimed Davis didn't have "blanket" immunity. He didn't deny that Davis possessed at the least the weaker sort of consular immunity and that status would be quite enough to avoid imprisonment and even prosecution in this case.

Even in this case if he didnt have Blanket immunity then he need to face courts in host country please go and read article 41 about that not just article 31 :)

Even in this case if he didnt have Blanket immunity then he need to face courts in host country please go and read article 41 about that not just article 31 :)
I did. Even if he needs to appear in court for a hearing - and I don't believe this is the case, because Davis has diplomatic immunity, not "consular" - he can't be imprisoned during the investigation of an incident that doesn't meet the "grave crime" standard: "...consular officers shall not be committed to prison or be liable to any other form of restriction on their personal freedom save in execution of a judicial decision of final effect." (Article 41, paragraph 2)

We know that is pointless. Obama isn't working this hard so they can put the guy in a U.S. Prison. He obviously has substantial value to the U.S. government.

Pointless in your opinion it may be, but that is what will happen I am afraid.

Firing 17 rounds is a bit excessive for self defense.

So will davis be let out free...?

i think you dint follow the thread/s on him. we have been saying he would be freed at last. what has been going on and the points came to fore and the world has also seen it no matter how much in denial they are but many things about activities of US operatives came to light and as well as that of our agencies. i feel its good in the long run.

Pointless in your opinion it may be, but that is what will happen I am afraid.

as Jigs said RD is has substantial value to the U.S and we feel he knows many things vital for US to keep hiding as well as many things about our own govt and deals too so US is more interested to lift him to US then leaving him here.

he may be tried in US but only when Pentagon is afraid that something might wake up his conscience like Swami Ananad

as Jigs said RD is has substantial value to the U.S and we feel he knows many things vital for US to keep hiding as well as many things about our own govt and deals too so US is more interested to lift him to US then leaving him here.

he may be tried in US but only when Pentagon is afraid that something might wake up his conscience like Swami Ananad

That is only speculative at this point JanaJi. I am referring to only the process and its inevitability.

That is only speculative at this point JanaJi. I am referring to only the process and its inevitability.

I was under the impression the Pakistani government had little influence on the Judicial branch. Do you believe the U.S. still has the necessary leverage in Pakistan to get this guy back ?

I my self didn't follow the whole thread due to huge size .in fact i didn't expect that killing of just two men would create such out come where every day we are hearing about the drone attack and killing of innocence people. but in this case where the American are dare to kill some body inside its capital and most probably this hit the pakistani psyche too much . what i think it might create hubbub but the authority will be force to release this killer after getting some concession from America in return . this incident have created a very awkward situation for both Pakistan and America.

now it looks very hard for davis to save himself from prosecution because after press conference by Shah Mahmood Qureshi it is clear that he wasn,t a diplomat and have no such kind of immunity.
other thing present government can,t so big risk on that issue because his safe release mean by by to government as mob is going to throw them off the saddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom