What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who does this joker think he is? Trying to leave. You killed 2 people buddy stop acting like your rights are being violated you don't get to be annoyed when the families of the dead are probably crying right now.

We will luv him to be our prime minister due to his honest nature...Insha-Allah...:)
The fact is that even if Davis' immunity had been of the weaker "consular" type he would still be immune from jail and prosecution under international law. That's because Pakistani police on the scene acknowledged that the men he killed were known criminals and one of them had pulled a gun on Davis before he was shot by Davis. No further investigation is necessary; such killings do not meet the "grave crime" murder standard, but are at most manslaughter.

Qureshi surely knows all this. So the implication is just what you wrote, that he is manipulating Pakistanis through the anti-American media to gather political support. Are you really going to let yourselves be twisted so easily?

:D you do it. in the meanwhile main zara kitchen ka chakar laga lon to hell with davis shavis :P

I like it.. Personally i always hated the road runner :P

RescueRanger: thanks, but I have a soft spot for my friend JanaJi. I hope she likes the new avatar and signature. :)

To stay on topic, is RD required to be present in court tomorrow or is it only court proceedings?

lanat hai aysi police per jo pakistaniyoon ko to chitrol or amercans ke agy ghulam jesy hai . kash main investigator hota is kuty ka

punjab%20police%20taliban.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact is that even if Davis' immunity had been of the weaker "consular" type he would still be immune from jail and prosecution under international law. That's because Pakistani police on the scene acknowledged that the men he killed were known criminals and one of them had pulled a gun on Davis before he was shot by Davis. No further investigation is necessary; such killings do not meet the "grave crime" murder standard, but are at most manslaughter.

Qureshi surely knows all this. So the implication is just what you wrote, that he is manipulating Pakistanis through the anti-American media to gather political support. Are you really going to let yourselves be twisted so easily?

Here come another one :)
under article 41 he is not enjoying this immunity :) as he is working in Lahore consulate as a consultant not in US embassy in ISB.....
and to have this immunity he need to have status given to him by FO in ISB which is not there as per FO.... so lets the court give its verdict now and shutup

what do you mean on the basis of ? if court proceedings continue(which i doubt will) and he was asked to appear before the court to comment on the status of davis (as he today also said that he had had studied the papers of davis and according to them he is not a diplomat) so indeed qureshi will appear for his statement as ex FM

FO has already issued a letter to the court regarding his diplomatic status (after firing Qureshi), hence eliminating the chances of Qureshi being asked to appear in court.

VCHENG, Are you a self-respecting man and human being? You are sounding like an-apologist for abject capitulation.

FO has already issued a letter to the court regarding his diplomatic status (after firing Qureshi), hence eliminating the chances of Qureshi being asked to appear in court.

That will be the OFFICIAL position from a legal standpoint.

lanat hai aysi police per jo pakistaniyoon ko to chitrol or amercans ke agy ghulam jesy hai . kash main investigator hota is kuty ka

punjab%20police%20taliban.jpg

yes is ka drawing room ka visit due hai :)
9 number ka chitar bhee ready hai let see

VCHENG, Are you a self-respecting man and human being? You are sounding like an-apologist for abject capitulation.

Please note that I am not the topic of this thread. We can take this discussion elsewhere if you so wish. :D

BTW, YES, and YES.

...to have this immunity he need to have status given to him by FO -
Qureshi claimed Davis didn't have "blanket" immunity. He didn't deny that Davis possessed at the least the weaker sort of consular immunity and that status would be quite enough to avoid imprisonment and even prosecution in this case.

That will be the OFFICIAL position from a legal standpoint.

LOL .... court knows how things are being handle in Pak Gov :)
(Ex-FO already given statement) so they will call all concerned people and see when these sort of changes got done for his immunity ....

EVEN himself told in initial investigations that he works in Lahore consulate and under article 41 he need to face LAW of host country :)
chill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom