What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although this is against the basic human rights , that one guy based on his/her background have different laws applied but still......
USA now need to shut up in case of this guy as he is not a Pakistan :)

as if there had been no case of human rights violations before. i feel more than human rights this case has more to do with power wrangling at strategic arena so take it this way =, make your point, normalise the situation. the point you wanted to convey to CIA you had already did . so

After Qureshi, Carmela prepares for sacrifice

By Umar Cheema
Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ISLAMABAD: The second high-profile casualty of the Raymond David fiasco, after Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, appears to be the US Consul General in Lahore Carmela Conroy who, sources say, has been told to start packing for home.

Sources close to Western diplomats say Washington is unhappy with the performance of Carmela, who is likely to be recalled in the next couple of weeks. The US Embassy, however, denies such reports, though not in very strong words. “That’s not true,” said the embassy spokesperson, Courtney Beale, when approached for her version in this respect.

The News has heard the same reports from two different sources known for their close links with Western diplomatic missions in Islamabad. They say the US diplomats in Islamabad and Lahore are under intense pressure from Washington and have also been reprimanded for their failure in arm-twisting the ruling elite of Pakistan on the Raymond Davis issue.

Carmela stands first in the firing line and “she has been asked to pack up,” said a diplomatic source. She won’t be recalled immediately though, the source went on to say, and this process may take 2-3 weeks.

Carmela held a string of meetings with the top officials of the Punjab government, pressing for the release of Raymond but in vain. According to an official, the Raymond issue is largely being handled by the National Security Adviser to President Obama and the State Department had no emphatic say in this regard.

Carmela has served in Afghanistan and Japan before assuming office in Lahore. “She is sensible, sociable, and professional.” This is how a Lahore-based journalist spoke of her. “Unlike her predecessors who would mostly focus on political meetings, she also attends social gatherings, pays visits to fashion shows and other places.”

Comparing Carmela to her predecessor, Brian D. Hunt, one journalist said the latter was also very frank and social but with too much focus on politics. The US Consulate General under Brian’s watch was the main source of information for Lahore-based journalists on the likely no confidence move against Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani last year.

“Brian would even advise the major opposition parties in this respect and used to say the motion could succeed provided they moved it jointly,” said a senior journalist, adding this showed Washington’s thinking that it was not bothered if the PPP government was toppled.

After Qureshi, Carmela prepares for sacrifice

I m surprised at Qureshi... I thought the man was a total puppet rubbing his heads with Hillery Clinton et al...

What changed him... probably his remaining bit of conscience could not let him lie??

he played his cards well . now he is in position to bargain for a bigger status . you never knew he might be addressing you the dear nation as PM soon ;)

I m surprised at Qureshi... I thought the man was a total puppet rubbing his heads with Hillery Clinton et al...

What changed him... probably his remaining bit of conscience could not let him lie??

He has been changed from his experiences with the American thugz:woot::cheesy:....Alhamdolillah..Now he learnt how to deal with these criminalz...:coffee:

he played his cards well . now he is in position to bargain for a bigger status . you never knew he might be addressing you the dear nation as PM soon ;)

We will luv him to be our prime minister due to his honest nature...Insha-Allah...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rule of law in the homeland is quite different from pursuit of the supreme national interest internationally for the USA. Please do not confuse the two.

cool, i hope all of USA need to understand the same thing from Pakistani point of view as well................
USA cannot in the name of supreme national interest violates international laws....
WE PAKISTANIES SAYING THE SAME THING..............LET THE COURT DECIDE IT :)......AND ITS USA WHO WANTS TO BYPASS IT HENCE TENSION...

cool, i hope all of USA need to understand the same thing from Pakistani point of view as well................
USA cannot in the name of supreme national interest violates international laws....
WE PAKISTANIES SAYING THE SAME THING..............LET THE COURT DECIDE IT :)......AND ITS USA WHO WANTS TO BYPASS IT HENCE TENSION...

Saying the same thing is fine by me, but when a matter comes up against US national interests, which, in this case it does, then Pakistan better have the wherewithal to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Can that be done? I don't think so frankly.

keep him in jail atleast few more months .after he arrested no drone attacks ehhehehhehehehe. damn why not these PPP beghrat understand USA IS NOT THERE GOD.

Saying the same thing is fine by me, but when a matter comes up against US national interests, which, in this case it does, then Pakistan better have the wherewithal to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Can that be done? I don't think so frankly.

nice i like what you are saying here :) , let see what sort of lollipop USA can offer and where Pakistani leaders will accept it :)
as far as general public, they want court decisions ....

even now purpose of all this Raymond Davis is getting clear, they wanted to create problems(domestic/financial/aid/etc) and differences in general public and gov and they are 50% got it ...... now its in gov interest to see the general public wants and acts accordingly :)

nice i like what you are saying here :) , let see what sort of lollipop USA can offer and where Pakistani leaders will accept it :)
as far as general public, they want court decisions ....

even now purpose of all this Raymond Davis is getting clear, they wanted to create problems(domestic/financial/aid/etc) and differences in general public and gov and they are 50% got it ...... now its in gov interest to see the general public wants and acts accordingly :)

Thank you for understanding my point. :D

Please do also note that the content of my posts is always with the best of intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom