What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep there should not be any immunity for him and he should be prosecuted as a murderer and if found guilty he must be punished under act 302....

Same should apply to any one from Pakistan in the USA even its in self defense includeing people that work for the Pakistan embassy or the united nations. Thats only fair.

UNITED NATIONS, Jan. 7 — The State Department has asked Pakistan to withdraw the diplomatic immunity of its envoy here, Munir Akram, after New York City prosecutors sought to bring misdemeanor assault charges against him as a result of a quarrel with a woman, United States and New York City officials said today.

Marjorie Tiven, the city commissioner in charge of United Nations issues, wrote to the United States Mission here on Dec. 26 requesting that the envoy's immunity be removed, according to Edward Skyler, the mayor's spokesman. Mr. Skyler said the Manhattan district attorney's office had advised city officials that it was prepared to prosecute if Mr. Akram's immunity was lifted. Pakistan has not yet informed the United States of any decision.

windshields shatter, but not into shards...it's safety glass

Perhaps but I know they say to have something sharp to shatter the glass to get out if you drive into water and cant get the windowns down, think a bullet would do the same thing.

I heard that in the news.

that's the only smiley i could find that emulates ''dismay''

i wasn't disagreeing with you

i havent gotten a chance to watch the news today, im basing my knowledge on online news and what i read here

Perhaps but I know they say to have something sharp to shatter the glass to get out if you drive into water and cant get the windowns down, think a bullet would do the same thing.

han ur right but that's for the side and rear windows

The word you used, no use, undermines the spirit of our constitution. Even though, technically you are right, considering history of our government (military and politicians), no one has the right to say 'no use'

Refrain from such comments.

:whistle::whistle: ShU

Thank you.

Coming back to the topic, there should be a proper investigation.
No mud slinging at the U.S. diplomat nor any concession if the diplomat is found guilty under our constitution.

Were not we surviving on the U.S. aid, the last time I heard or read?
Our military and country?

Do you really think that we can prosecute the diplomat if found guilty?

Same should apply to any one from Pakistan in the USA even its in self defense includeing people that work for the Pakistan embassy or the united nations. Thats only fair.

UNITED NATIONS, Jan. 7 — The State Department has asked Pakistan to withdraw the diplomatic immunity of its envoy here, Munir Akram, after New York City prosecutors sought to bring misdemeanor assault charges against him as a result of a quarrel with a woman, United States and New York City officials said today.

Marjorie Tiven, the city commissioner in charge of United Nations issues, wrote to the United States Mission here on Dec. 26 requesting that the envoy's immunity be removed, according to Edward Skyler, the mayor's spokesman. Mr. Skyler said the Manhattan district attorney's office had advised city officials that it was prepared to prosecute if Mr. Akram's immunity was lifted. Pakistan has not yet informed the United States of any decision.

at least i am totally against such immunities but for your kind information there is hell of difference between a quarrel and killing someone. just imagine what would have happened if some PAKISTANI ambassador has killed an american citizen even in doubtless self defence ........

Thank you.

Coming back to the topic, there should be a proper investigation.
No mud slinging at the U.S. diplomat nor any concession if the diplomat is found guilty under our constitution.

Were not we surviving on the U.S. aid, the last time I heard or read?
Our military and country?

Do you really think that we can prosecute the diplomat if found guilty?

You are contradicting your earlier post and proving my point that no use of the case .

besides NO we are not surviving on US aid.

anyway that is another issue will discuss in separate thread. we can live without it

at least i am totally against such immunities but for your kind information there is hell of difference between a quarrel and killing someone. just imagine what would have happened if some PAKISTANI ambassador has killed an american citizen even in doubtless self defence ........

If the Paikistani ambassador or any one else killed some one in self defense nothing would happen to him the USA. I expect he would be considered a hero. The USA is ruled by law that applies to every one. Does not matter what county you are from or what your religion happens to be.

The senior superintendent of police in Lahore said that two people are confirmed dead, both of whom were reported to be riding motorcycles when the American consulate employee opened fire on them. Eyewitnesses quoted in the local media say the men had been chasing the American's car when the shooting began. Police say they have recovered weapons from the dead men."

Must have just been out for a joy ride with guns for the fun of it chaseing an american, sorry for the mistake.

I guess cutting peoples heads off are makeing americans nervous in Pakistan.
If the police are correct I consider this man a hero.

Failure of intelligence and beareucracy, offcourse govt.

If the Paikistani ambassador or any one else killed some in self defense nothing would happen to him the USA. The USA is ruled by law that applies to every one. Does not matter what county you are from or what your religion happens to be.

The senior superintendent of police in Lahore said that two people are confirmed dead, both of whom were reported to be riding motorcycles when the American consulate employee opened fire on them. Eyewitnesses quoted in the local media say the men had been chasing the American's car when the shooting began. Police say they have recovered weapons from the dead men."

Must have just been out for a joy ride with guns for the fun of it chaseing an american, sorry for the mistake.

I guess cutting peoples heads off are makeing americans nervous.

you are in some kind of euphoria about U.S.................. justice ..... i can only laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom