What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job done pakistan govt by not bowing to the pressures of usa.Hope indian govt can learn from pakistan on how to show spine instead of becoming lapdog of usa and licking uncle sam's boots.

Oh Shut up young women , You are Stepping out of Your Limits, If You cannot Control your Ability to Debate, Please do not Indulge in a Debate, This is not the place to showcase your Anti India Feelings.. Come to a thread Related to India and Spit it out which you have been doing, Atleast let Pakistanis have a Peaceful time in there thread...

US tells Pakistan to release Davis or its envoy would be kicked out

ISLAMABAD: The US has threatened Pakistan that its envoy will be "kicked out" if it fails to release the American official arrested for gunning down two men in Lahore by Friday, according to a media report.

National security advisor Tom Donilon told Pakistani envoy Hussain Haqqani that the Obama administration will "kick him out of the US", close consulates in Pakistan and cancel President Asif Ali Zardari's upcoming visit to Washington if US official Raymond Davis is not released by Friday, ABC News channel quoted two unnamed Pakistani officials as saying.

Donilon reportedly conveyed the warning to Haqqani on Monday evening.

The "outlines of the threat" were also confirmed to ABC News by a senior US official who was not authorized to speak on the record.

White House spokesperson Tommy Vietor declined comment.

Haqqani denied the development via Twitter, saying in a message that no "US official, incl the NSA, has conveyed any personal threats 2 me or spoken of extreme measures".

Davis, 36, was on Friday sent to jail for 14 days by a court in Lahore even as city police chief Aslam Tareen said he had been charged with murder as there was no proof to back his claim that he had acted in self-defence when he shot and killed the two men on January 27.

Davis has claimed that he opened fire after the two armed men followed his car and tried to rob him.

Video emerged this week of Davis showing his state department credentials to Pakistani police officers during an interrogation and saying, "I'm a consultant".

Davis is in Pakistan on a diplomatic passport and the US has demanded his immediate release on the grounds that he enjoys diplomatic immunity.

The stand-off between Washington and Islamabad has taken the tense relationship between the two countries to a new low.

US tells Pakistan to release Davis or its envoy would be kicked out - The Times of India

US tells Pakistan to release Davis or its envoy would be kicked out

why TOI always use cheap words against pakistan -china?

Geo is just reporting that according to a US based paper there are some new developments that the US authorities have gave Friday as a deadline for the release of davis, and also have threatened that if that didnt take place they will shut down the Embassies and cut of ties that is of today. And also Zardaris visti will be canceled, where Geo is saying that there are reports that Zardari has canceled his visit already.

There is also a report that they demand his release otherwise they will kick out their oppsss i mean out envoy Hussian Haqqani from US :P

Why are we denying the fact that the two men murdered were also intelligence agents? There is much more to this story than what is being played in the open.

because you are denying Davis is CIA/US spy and what should be done to enemy spies ????

Yeh seems there is more to it just imagine if he was spying on our Nuclear reactors in Khushab ? our missiles deployment at border with India ?

because you are denying Davis is CIA/US spy and what should be done to enemy spies ????

Yeh seems there is more to it just imagine if he was spying on our Nuclear reactors in Khushab ? our missiles deployment at border with India ?

Ma'am, I never denied that Davis is CIA/US spy. I challenge you to point out the post of mine where I have denied anything like that.

why TOI always use cheap words against pakistan -china?

Enjoy :)

Obama Advisor Delivered Presidential Threat To Pakistan Over Detained American, Say Officials

Pakistani officials said President Obama's national security advisor summoned Pakistan's ambassador to the White House Monday evening to deliver a threat from the president: Release Raymond Davis, an American being held in Lahore for killing two Pakistanis, or face the consequences.

National Security Advisor Tom Donilon told Ambassador Husain Haqqani, according to two Pakistani officials involved in negotiations about Davis, that the U.S. will kick Haqqani out of the U.S., close U.S. consulates in Pakistan, and cancel an upcoming visit by Pakistan's president to Washington, if Davis, a U.S. embassy employee, is not released from custody by Friday.

The outlines of the threat were confirmed to ABC News by a senior U.S. official, who was not authorized to speak on the record. A White House spokesperson, Tommy Vietor, declined comment.

Ambassador Haqqani denied, via Twitter, that any "US official, incl the NSA, has conveyed any personal threats 2 me or spoken of extreme measures."

Davis, 36, is expected in court early Friday morning in Lahore to face charges of shooting two men on motorcycle on Jan. 25. Davis says he killed the men because they had been following his car and were trying to rob him. Video emerged Thursday of Davis showing his State Department credentials to Pakistani police officers and saying, "I'm a consultant."

Davis is in Pakistan on a diplomatic passport, and the U.S. has demanded his immediate release on the grounds of diplomatic immunity. The stand-off between Washington and Islamabad has brought the already tense relationship between two uneasy allies to a new low.

Obama Advisor Delivered Presidential Threat To Pakistan Over Detained American - ABC News

Guys at least have a respect for an elderly person who's also a military professional. I mean if you are against India it's your choice but don't insult anyone. :cheers:

Haha, Sir, Leave it... I dont take it personally, But you know I cannot do much if it comes from Jana as Of today I am Afraid of only 2 things, One is Myself and the other is Journalists

Haha, Sir, Leave it... I dont take it personally, But you know I cannot do much if it comes from Jana as Of today I am Afraid of only 2 things, One is Myself and the other is Journalists

:what: but i dint insult you sir was just sharing a light joke ehhh come on i was still calling you a young man :D

It is very important for the Government of Pakistan to let the investigation and trial run its course and not be bullied into committing a grave error of letting it all slide.
Such a move shall not only deal a severe blow to the political parties (in power in Pakistan) but it shall also cause a permanent dent in any meaningful relationship between Pakistan and USA.

The GOP should make USA realize that they are doing exactly what USA would have done since it is all about justice and rights of the people.
Diplomatic immunity or not, there is no immunity for murder and it is yet to be established whether it was self defense or murder which occurred that fateful day.
We shall all respect the verdict of the Pakistani higher courts whatever it is, as we have been doing in the past few years on many issues; however letting Raymond go without a trial shall certainly amount to playing with fire.

It is the right of the families of the Pakistani victims to know the truth after a fair trial and get a decision based on investigation and court proceedings.
That is the only way to proceed here, in the interest of all involved and for the sake of justice which we all desire.

for god sake please kick him out he the one who give vise to CIA and BLACKWATER and he is there as US envoy not like pakistani he is treater

We solve Davis and Haqqani problem.
Two for the price of one.
(Now if only we can get the US to imprison Zardari as retaliation...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom