What's new

Rate The Leadership of Manmohan Singh

How do you rate Manmohan Singh's PM tenure on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
He is a Cyborg which has been sent from future by a bunch of Indian nationalists to save India from disintegration in future by taking down Congress Party.

ou0n0w.jpg

:P
our guy is about to go...............as for u guys

Nawaz-Sharif-Noora-meme-302x214.jpg

MMS is a very renowned economist, but he is not a born leader... and obviously he was not the man in power.

@arp2041

First term 7-8, he secured the US-India nuke deal that many people thought was improbable, he took decisive leadership on this front, steered India through some difficult times as the global economy was collapsing and actually garnered a LOT of respect from the international community coming from an economic background during the finical crisis, during this time he represented India incredibly well.

However I don't know what happened in the second term, he seems to have taken a step back from the limelight and allowed too many issues to crop up- inflation, corruption, low economic growth and such and whilst he can't be blamed for all of this alone BUT his seeming reluctance to properly engage with the Indian people and show clear leadership is really a massive failing on his part. For the last 2 years India has been in a pretty poor situation and has seemed pretty rudderless.

Having said all this, I can't help but like the MAN. He has always presented himself in a very dignified manner, he is by all the accounts I read an incredibly hard working man even at the age of 80- I remember after he had serious heart surgery a few years ago he was insistent on returning to work and did so a mere 2 weeks after major surgery. He apparently works very hard on a daily basis and has to be commended on some fronts, in the past 6 or so months a committee he had formed has cleared a lot of mega infra projects that had been stalled for years. He is also an entirely honest and honourable man who is above the slime that is Indian politics and even his biggest political opponents would concede he is clean and honest. Additionally he has a wise head, after 26/11 there was extreme pressure for a military response but MMS was able to keep this emotive response at bay and let calmer heads prevail which he is universally praised for in the international community. I think though he was never quite made for leadership, he is and always has been an entirely extraordinary economist/technocrat, he is no politician and this is very apparent. He was brought in by Sonia Gandhi because she felt he appealed to the Middle class of India and was someone she could control and this has turned out to be the case.

He will never be the fumbling ignorant fool responsible for all of India's woes some quarters will have you believe neither will he be India's most accomplished PM, the truth will lay somewhere in between. Could he have done more? Probably, but we may never know where the line Sonia Gandhi imposed on him was and what true power he actually had.

So overall I'd give him a 5/6 probably.

A decent man but not quite up to being a PM of a country like India, Norway/Sweden perhaps but not India.

No doubt what Dr MMS's example can show us is that India needs a decisive LEADER, let's hope such a person is in the PMO soon enough....

he was more than alright.. I gave 8 just to annoy bjp wallahs but meant more between 6 and 7. :devil:

Having said all this, I can't help but like the MAN. He has always presented himself in a very dignified manner, he is by all the accounts I read an incredibly hard working man even at the age of 80- I remember after he had serious heart surgery a few years ago he was insistent on returning to work and did so a mere 2 weeks after major surgery. He apparently works very hard on a daily basis and has to be commended on some fronts, in the past 6 or so months a committee he had formed has cleared a lot of mega infra projects that had been stalled for years. He is also an entirely honest and honourable man who is above the slime that is Indian politics and even his biggest political opponents would concede he is clean and honest. Additionally he has a wise head, after 26/11 there was extreme pressure for a military response but MMS was able to keep this emotive response at bay and let calmer heads prevail which he is universally praised for in the international community. I think though he was never quite made for leadership, he is and always has been an entirely extraordinary economist/technocrat, he is no politician and this is very apparent. He was brought in by Sonia Gandhi because she felt he appealed to the Middle class of India and was someone she could control and this has turned out to be the case.

The man himself is very admirable, and unquestionably intelligent, dignified and hard working.

Newsweek called him "The leader that other leaders loved". He was well liked and respected all over the world.

It's a shame that he was not allowed to be a leader by the higher-ups in his party (Sonia specifically), and to make decisions based on his own intelligence and wisdom.

If Manmohan himself was given free reign over India's economy, free from Sonia's politics, I believe India would have easily achieved sustained double-digit growth by now.

do u think that a good act??

I would say that the INTENTION was good but IMPLEMENTATION (which basically took place in UPA-2) was worst. It was a good scheme if applied properly, giving both necessary INFRASTRUCTURE to India & also generating employment.

The man himself is very admirable, and unquestionably intelligent, dignified and hard working.

Newsweek called him "The leader that other leaders loved". He was well liked and respected all over the world.

It's a shame that he was not allowed to be a leader by the higher-ups in his party (Sonia specifically), and to make decisions based on his own intelligence and wisdom.

If Manmohan himself was given free reign over India's economy, free from Sonia's politics, I believe India would have easily achieved sustained double-digit growth by now.

He is a good and respectable man and that is his downfall. To survive and flourish in the Indian jungle of politics, the crude, crass and blatantly nasty sort is required.

The Heavens laugh at the irony of a man as dignified as MMS being inept because of his virtues.

Anyone here follows the 'Game of thrones' series? Ned Stark is pretty much the only truly good man and for that he dies really early in the series.

I would say that the INTENTION was good but IMPLEMENTATION (which basically took place in UPA-2) was worst. It was a good scheme if applied properly, giving both necessary INFRASTRUCTURE to India & also generating employment.
na u are wrong,,,everything about this scheme sucks...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom