What's new

Rarely seen Moroccan VT-1As/ MBT 2000s

Dazzler

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This guy is serving as frontline mbt in Moroccan Army.. Images taken from Moroccan forum so all credit to them.

Quote...

" Orientalex 19 was an opportunity to see the role of this tank .. It is indeed a front-line tank .. And the T72 in second to support it. He demonstrated good operational performance during these exercises in terms of day and night shooting accuracy, statistics and in motion.
Working in collaboration with the UAV / HELICOS / hunters / arty / Reco / infantry thanks to a good data link that was there well ."

vt11.jpg

vt12.jpg

vt13.jpg

vt14.jpg

vt15.jpg

vt16.jpg

Vt1A Variant is whole chinese based (including engine , electronics ,optronics etc) .. although i have talked with a morrocon 4-5 years ago and he stated in induction ceremony Pakistani's were also there alongside Chinese

Vt1A Variant is whole chinese based (including engine , electronics ,optronics etc) .. although i have talked with a morrocon 4-5 years ago and he stated in induction ceremony Pakistani's were also there alongside Chinese

Engine is Ukrainian.

Engine is Ukrainian.
I think you mixed up between Al Khalid and export VT-1A tank.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Khalid_tank

VT-1A – A new export variant of the Type 90II, with Chinese interior, turret, gun, electronics and armour. It has a Chinese 1300 horsepower engine.

VT-1A actually all the while is using domestic German licensed Chinese engine of 1000hp. It is in the threshold of 1300hp that Ukraine engine is needed but when China attempt to export VT-4 tank with Ukraine engine to Peru but was blocked becos it clashes with their T-84 tank deal. Subsequently, Chinese developed an alternative domestic engine and problem solved for all levels of tank. Be it medium tank like VT-1A or VT-4 heavy tank are all using domestic Chinese made engine.

14908278_10154658601469819_1887303029559433998_n1.jpg

Last edited:
I think you mixed up between Al Khalid and export VT-1A tank.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Khalid_tank

VT-1A – A new export variant of the Type 90II, with Chinese interior, turret, gun, electronics and armour. It has a Chinese 1300 horsepower engine.

VT-1A actually all the while is using domestic German licensed Chinese engine of 1000hp. It is in the threshold of 1300hp that Ukraine engine is needed but when China attempt to export VT-4 tank with Ukraine engine to Peru but was blocked becos it clashes with their T-84 tank deal. Subsequently, Chinese developed an alternative domestic engine and problem solved for all levels of tank. Be it medium tank like VT-1A or VT-4 heavy tank are all using domestic Chinese made engine.

14908278_10154658601469819_1887303029559433998_n1.jpg

Watch the engine exhaust in the pics.

Watch the engine exhaust in the pics.
Indeed but I think Ukraine engine fitted VT series tank will not be offered by China anymore.

If currently buying any VT series tank, be it MBT-2000 or VT-4 tank. Only Chinese engine is the only option.

Indeed but I think Ukraine engine fitted VT series tank will not be offered by China anymore.

If currently buying any VT series tank, be it MBT-2000 or VT-4 tank. Only Chinese engine is the only option.

True.

New MBTs are offered with Chinese engines and auto transmission. Moroccan and BD MBT 2000s were the last ones sold with Ukrainian engines.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom