Rania Alayed murder: Husband jailed for 'honour killing'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manmohan

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
A man has been jailed for life for the "pre-planned honour killing" of his wife, whose body has never been found.
Mother-of-three Rania Alayed, 25, from Manchester, went missing last June.
Ahmed Al-Khatib told Manchester Crown Court that he killed her in self-defence after an evil spirit entered her, but he denied murder.
Al Khatib, 35, of Gorton, was handed a minimum term of 20 years. His brothers Muhaned and Hussain were also jailed for helping to dispose of her body.
The prosecution said Ms Alayed had been killed for becoming "too westernised" and "establishing an independent life".
Mr Justice Leggatt, sentencing Ahmed, said Ms Alayed had suffered "years of abuse".
He said: "The contempt you showed for Rania in death matched the contempt of how you treated her in life."

During the trial at Manchester Crown Court, Ahmed Al-Khatib admitted he had been unhappy when his wife started college and began wearing make-up.
The jury heard Al-Khatib murdered Ms Alayed, who previously lived in Norton, Teesside, at his brother's flat in Salford.

Al-Khatib claimed he saw his wife as an evil spirit and that as he pushed her away she hit her head against a mirror, knocking her unconscious and killing her.
The court heard he then began an elaborate deception to convince her family and friends she was still alive.
CCTV showed Al-Khatib wearing a headscarf in an attempt to pass himself off as Ms Alayed.

BBC News - Rania Alayed murder: Husband jailed for 'honour killing'

wow they should take his psych test

The place where he came from it was perfectly ok for him to do that. The guy is not at fault.
Really? We should get you checked too who knows you will be next coz you find he is not wrong :pop:

We should get you checked too who knows you will be next coz you find he is not wrong
It doesn't matter what I think.

What matters is where do guys like him get approval and inspiration from ?

It doesn't matter what I think.

What matters is where do guys like him get approval and inspiration from ?
Who is approving it? and anyone can be inspired from anyone...Like who inspired Khalistan people to make tamasha in that Golden temple? :pop:

Or who inspired those people to conduct the mass killing in Gujrat?

So in defending a massacre occurred? wow I think common sense failed you!
You are watching too much of Al-zaazera and Hamid.

A train full of women and children was burned down by a particular community. Then they started attacking other community in their areas.

You are watching too much of Al-zaazera and Hamid.

A train full of women and children was burned down by a particular community. Then they started attacking other community in their areas.
Those people are dead so killing new set of people who had nothing to do with is how your land teaches you? Isnt that the logic you gave me in post 3? He acted coz its perfectly normal for people of a place to act from your talks its normal in India to kill blindly too! thank you for justifying crazy people can justify their doings in India by killing innocents! :tup: dont quote me!

Those people are dead so killing new set of people who had nothing to do with is how your land teaches you?
Those who were killed started the violence.

Now don't quote me.

Those who were killed started the violence.

Now don't quote me.
dead people started the violence! Yea like the person in the article you too require a psych analysis! :rofl:

@Oscar @Manticore @Aeronaut @WebMaster @Jungibaaz @T-Faz man we need some rules on this forum not to insult the dead! Here a man goes saying dead people started violence and hence justifies killing!

man we need some rules on this forum not to insult the dead! Here a man goes saying dead people started violence and hence justifies killing!
They started the violence and then got killed.

Posted in wrong section... @Manmohan PM me the relevance - I'll reopen the thread... Meanwhile closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom