What's new

Range is never an issue, we can hit any city in the world: DRDO Chief.

K-15 is already operationalised and has been test fired from our Nuke Sub Arihant.

Nope.

Tested 10 times but not tested from INS Arihant

MIRV Technology is very much ready but Dumb Manmohan is not allowing it to test.

K4 was supposed to be tested in November. What happened? Nay idea?

I think the short term road map is clear. Agni -VI with 3 ton payload and 6000 km range :wink:

SLBM series : K-15 with 750 km range, K-4 with 3,500 km range and K-5 with >5000km range.

I am told that the SLBM will restrict their length to 13m or less to ensure fitment in Submarine.

K-15 ? Sometime in Aug 2013.

Yes, SLBMs have certain restriction in terms of dimensions. It is not particularly challenging since cropping the length is accompanied by an increase in the diameter of the vehicle, ergo the internal layout changes and the sub-components need to be repackaged (so to say), meeting the dimensional parameters is not particularly challenging..it is simply a matter of the apex body (MoD, PMO and the relevant committee/cabinet) providing a clear mandate and funding..both have been secured for the K-4 and beyond. Testing and validation though, particularly the timing of the test, involve other considerations beyond technology and capability.

K-5 with MIRVs is what India need to have by 2020. I don't think we need anything more than this in near future.

Seems there are lot of angles for a single male person here in pdf. one technical guy, one insecure religious bigot, one troll of a particular section in pdf and a chat guy.

you and me...lol... ela unnavu...

The defence organisation, which has an annual budget of over Rs.10,000 crore, now has no choice but to reinvent itself. The agency's research has drifted away from its core competence in recent times. It has been accused of "wasting time and precious resources'' being engaged in research and development of technique for detection of pesticides in fruits, technology for dengue control, dental implants, foldable stretchers and berry juice.

The moribund agency is also suffering from employee attrition. Over the past five years, while the report of the Rama Rao Committee has languished, around 1,700 of its 7,900 engineers and scientists have left for better opportunities in private companies. The depletion of talent will be the last stage in what cynical insiders say is the process of converting DRDO into a dodo.

Read more at: Long delays, cost escalation damage DRDO's reputation : Special Report - India Today

Yes definitely DRDO didnt share the same trajectory as its sister agency ISRO did but as far as India's Ballistic Programme is concerned - It is the world's most economical Ballistic Missile Programme with such capabilities in hand....

K-5 with MIRVs is what India need to have by 2020. I don't think we need anything more than this in near future.

We can get it much prior to that. K4 may be tested at any time in near future. MIRV is ready. How ever delivering MIRV from K4 or K5 shall be not as easy as doing the same from Agni series.

We can get it much prior to that. K4 may be tested at any time in near future. MIRV is ready. How ever delivering MIRV from K4 or K5 shall be not as easy as doing the same from Agni series.

Yes, but having MIRV in SLBM is the ultimate 2nd strike capability we need.

There have been delivery vehicles with a three ton throw-weight, the soviets in particular loved ginormous throw-weight parameters. Reducing the payload is not as simple an exercise as envisioned by many, trajectory shaping is far more crucial for range enhancement.

There is no need to reduce payload. If we go by the capacity of all the current systems, payload is roughly 2 tonnes. Unless its MIRV (which seems the case), a 1.5/2 tonne warhead may suffice. That means with small number of/single warheads, payload would be reduced.

Yes, but having MIRV in SLBM is the ultimate 2nd strike capability we need.

I think that SLBM version of Agni III is in making. We may hear that very soon. Deliver MIRV from quasi ballistic missile is very difficult. More over it can not cover a large area. If we can develop MIRV on K series, it will be a nightmare for enemy because of 3 reason. 1) Quasi ballistic 2) Terminal maneuvers 3) MIRV.

Yes, we dont have enemies in the europe. But we can never say when can I tunr into an enemy.

better to be safeguarded.

BTW, having a big stick, will keep away many dogs from u :agree:

What we see is an admission that Agni-V is already a MIRV :azn: .....it carries 3 nuclear warheads.

Agni-VI is stated to have a range of 6000 km with a 3000 KG load ...........we all know what that means :D

No missile in the world is going to take off with a 3 Ton warhead. That is the payload of a satellite launcher. What it really means is the actual payload will be 1500 kg, and the range goes up considerably.

It will have payload of 2-2.5 tons I think.

This 3 ton figure is total payload probably including RV, all warheads etc.

There are several sources which suggest that it will carry 4 warheads, each warhead weighing 400 KG.

@Oscar > says same.

Back
Top Bottom