What's new

Ramadan Kareem 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys are you studying Quran with Translation or Tafseer or Hadees or any other book in this Ramazan please share @Aeronaut @Leader @ANTIBODY @nuclearpak @Oscar @Talon @Alpha1 @RazPaK and others
I am trying to follow this routine

Tafseer-e-Siddiqui.. with Three Ayat daily
Memorizing Three Hadiath daily(most hadiath are one or two lines so it hasnt been too difficult)
and a chapter of the prophets life.. Ive finished one seerat.. so will repeat so for another to get multiple views.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys are you studying Quran with Translation or Tafseer or Hadees or any other book in this Ramazan please share @Aeronaut @Leader @ANTIBODY @nuclearpak @Oscar @Talon @Alpha1 @RazPaK and others

Hmmm...Why only in Ramadan? Everytime I have time, I read at least 1 ayat with translation and tafseer.....Usually google it and read from different sites to compare meaning and understand...

If I do not go to Taraweeh Namaj, my parents scold me, Oh what a pain! 20 RAKATS AFTER FASTING

read Moulana Modudi's Tafseer.. its easy to comprehend as compared to Tafseer-ibn-e-kaseer and others.

:raise: WHY do MOST Pakistanis read only these 2? I read BITS of both and I do not like the way (I forgot which 1) introduce assumptions....like they put in () something they think is missing or needs to be there....and also puts in hadith...Those are very old stuff I am not sure if someone actually double checked if those hadiths are from the same time as the surrah was revealed!

We did both comparisons about 3 yrs ago...I only managed 3-4 of the beginning surahs but even then it was a little confusing and I really did not like how it was written....

I dont have a favourite because we are reading a translation and tafseer not the original quran (as in we dont understand the Arabic as it is meant to be) so I can prob never have a fav for this....

@Saleem whats ISBN?

it is the 10 and/ or 13 digit number the uniquely identifies each book..it should be in the fierst few pages where the publisher etc are listed it is always preceded by the letter ISBN...

@Saleem ISBN is 9960-740-79-X

:raise: WHY do MOST Pakistanis read only these 2? I read BITS of both and I do not like the way (I forgot which 1) introduce assumptions....like they put in () something they think is missing or needs to be there....and also puts in hadith...Those are very old stuff I am not sure if someone actually double checked if those hadiths are from the same time as the surrah was revealed!

We did both comparisons about 3 yrs ago...I only managed 3-4 of the beginning surahs but even then it was a little confusing and I really did not like how it was written....

I dont have a favourite because we are reading a translation and tafseer not the original quran (as in we dont understand the Arabic as it is meant to be) so I can prob never have a fav for this....

You can go introspective ofcourse but these are the two most authentic ones for Sunnis. and Moulana modudi's written in early 50s.

You can go introspective ofcourse but these are the two most authentic ones for Sunnis. and Moulana modudi's written in early 50s.

:agree: my parents read something of moududi....Since I do not understand much KHALIS urdu nor can I read much (takes me ages to read 1-2 lines...I know how to read Arabic so I try using that to read Urdu) so I usually go for English translation...Some Asad guy had good translation...as for tafseer, I just google around and compare....if more than 2 sites speak similar then I agree with it...If there is confusion...or difference I go for another few sites to see why...so far no large difference...

The most obvious one was that Auliya is not a friend but a guardian and that ayat where you can not make friends with Nasara or Yahudi ...the word auliya was there and the translation is not supposed to be friend...but supporter/ allies and it carries a different meaning...

I also listen to Nouman Ali Khan....he is good.....

I am trying to follow this routine

Tafseer-e-Siddiqui.. with Three Ayat daily
Memorizing Three Hadiath daily(most hadiath are one or two lines so it hasnt been too difficult)
and a chapter of the prophets life.. Ive finished one seerat.. so will repeat so for another to get multiple views.

I had made a formula which helps increasing knowledge of Islam first read translation off Quran at least five times and also 5 books on seerat than start a tafseer and also books on life off sahabas and read about as many sahabas as you can than after reading two tafseers at least and five books on sahabas which have info on many sahabas start reading books off hadees and read at least bukhari and Muslim and muttaw and also than read books off fiqh at least five which include all the topics than read books off people like ghazali and Abdul qadir jillani and in tamiya and finally read rumi and Iqbal and Saadi this is like a course but you should not restrict to limits which I have mentioned this is only for minimum knowledge on all topics off Islam

I had made a formula which helps increasing knowledge of Islam first read translation off Quran at least five times and also 5 books on seerat than start a tafseer and also books on life off sahabas and read about as many sahabas as you can than after reading two tafseers at least and five books on sahabas which have info on many sahabas start reading books off hadees and read at least bukhari and Muslim and muttaw and also than read books off fiqh at least five which include all the topics than read books off people like ghazali and Abdul qadir jillani and in tamiya and finally read rumi and Iqbal and Saadi this is like a course but you should not restrict to limits which I have mentioned this is only for minimum knowledge on all topics off Islam

Very long term formula.. that is spread out over a year. With work and studies that is not realistic for Ramadan.

@Zarvan

First of all the point of this month is not to please God(i mean god really does not need anything from us, if we don't follow the path it will be our loss really) and by not brushing you are exposing yourself to ie.cavities,tar buildup(even so if a minuscule amount of ATP(nutrients) is absorbed, the point of this month is much much greater in the bigger context) etcc. but rather this is a self-development month to re-evaluate ourselves as we all tend to get off the path from time to time in our lifestyle as well as be grateful for all the blessings we have especially the precious things such as food and water which we often do take for granted.

However brother lets not get tangle up in a religious debate but rather the more concerning point is that why are you always so negative if you disagree with Professor Ramadan on a certain issue or point, do raise it up. I mean the amount of hate and resentment towards the west is astounding, you have to calm yourself down as negativity is not always good for your mental nor physical health. Try to keep yourself positive and try to find points that are mutual or something you can agree with the person instead of focusing on the differences. Going to back to professor Ramadan, I think his actions are admirable and I usually listen to his congregation as well as my studies but please stop hating on the west constantly when you are living on our hard earned dollars.(i know I am sounding arrogant but please keep west bashing low and be more analytical). I am trying very hard to reason with you however lets stop the argument here and not further pollute this beautiful thread, if you have anything more you hateful to say about west, we can discuss it on this thread. However last thing i want to mention before leaving for school, if we are so bad then how come our civilization has contributed so much with the blessing of God while the east has been in the dark ages, my point being brother god loves us all no matter where we reside so think of the bigger picture instead of focusing on petty differences.

Also brother for the Koran with Tafseer(translation in urdu right?), my family has an english translation by Dr. Allama Parvez who i believe might actually be either from Pakistan or India.

@muse, while you were correct in your assertion the other day, sorry to have you jump on this thread, I will respond later as engineering courses are really taking a toll on my neurons. I think you were right in your pessimistic assertion but still lets stick with hope and eventually the islamic practitioners will start looking at the bigger pictures instead of focusing on religiosity and focus more on religion.

If I do not go to Taraweeh Namaj, my parents scold me, Oh what a pain! 20 RAKATS AFTER FASTING

ahahah mon papa is the opposite if I pray Taraweeh at a sunni mosque, he gets disappointed because he considers it an act of Bidah but why do you pray 20 Rakats because I thought the sunni sect folks pray 8 rakakts if I am not wrong.

:agree: my parents read something of moududi....Since I do not understand much KHALIS urdu nor can I read much (takes me ages to read 1-2 lines...I know how to read Arabic so I try using that to read Urdu) so I usually go for English translation...Some Asad guy had good translation...as for tafseer, I just google around and compare....if more than 2 sites speak similar then I agree with it...If there is confusion...or difference I go for another few sites to see why...so far no large difference...

The most obvious one was that Auliya is not a friend but a guardian and that ayat where you can not make friends with Nasara or Yahudi ...the word auliya was there and the translation is not supposed to be friend...but supporter/ allies and it carries a different meaning...

I also listen to Nouman Ali Khan....he is good.....

now this is a problem for you as you cannot read urdu, although Madudi's urdu translation as well as tafseer is probably in the easiest urdu but anyhow whatever suits you.

websites too that you compare should be reliable, and I am sure that you do take precaution.

what you have found is obvious and its first stage of understanding the ayat, now move on, you have to contextualize it, reason it, and find the situations where this ayat holds true, now tell me if this ayat holds true as a principle, then why did Muhammad asked his followers to migrate to King of Habsha's land which was a Christian kingdom at that time? (although the ayat was revealed later but there is no evidence of revocation by Muhammad of previously established rule of gaining support or making allies with people of the book)

hence, in my opinion the Ayat doesnot enforce itself as a principle, it is limited to its context, not a generalized rule.

now this is a problem for you as you cannot read urdu, although Madudi's urdu translation as well as tafseer is probably in the easiest urdu but anyhow whatever suits you.

websites too that you compare should be reliable, and I am sure that you do take precaution.

what you have found is obvious and its first stage of understanding the ayat, now move on, you have to contextualize it, reason it, and find the situations where this ayat holds true, now tell me if this ayat holds true as a principle, then why did Muhammad asked his followers to migrate to King of Habsha's land which was a Christian kingdom at that time? (although the ayat was revealed later but there is no evidence of revocation by Muhammad of previously established rule of gaining support or making allies with people of the book)

hence, in my opinion the Ayat doesnot enforce itself as a principle, it is limited to its context, not a generalized rule.

I had a very religious upbringing....from going to Quran Khani to going to darz since I was a kid...I can differentiate rubbish from authenticity...But things I have not come across like financial stuff in Islam, types of Punishments and other things which have nothing to do with MY daily life...I try to avoid going into details from Online and ask some of my friends who had a more religious upbringing and we exchange what we have read and then whichever is logical + suits our era we agree upon because ISLAM is for ALL era....

Like there are things about slave girls...but in our era we have no slave girls...and slavery was abolished after that ayat....soo...simple stuff like that you can reason...but complex stuff like how many whips should a drug trafficker get...I have no idea and since I do not intent on either trafficking drugs nor whipping 1 ...I ignore such stuff :angel:

The Quran has different sentences...some are orders as in we have to do or follow...others are telling us history or teaching us a lesson..You can tell from the language itself...listen to Nouman Ali Khan - he tells about how the language in the Quran changes from order to telling something of the past (history) to asking questions ...

Very long term formula.. that is spread out over a year. With work and studies that is not realistic for Ramadan.

which idiot said this is for ramazan yes you can start in ramazan but complete this study in 3 years along with your other work

@Zarvan

First of all the point of this month is not to please God(i mean god really does not need anything from us, if we don't follow the path it will be our loss really) and by not brushing you are exposing yourself to ie.cavities,tar buildup(even so if a minuscule amount of ATP(nutrients) is absorbed, the point of this month is much much greater in the bigger context) etcc. but rather this is a self-development month to re-evaluate ourselves as we all tend to get off the path from time to time in our lifestyle as well as be grateful for all the blessings we have especially the precious things such as food and water which we often do take for granted.

However brother lets not get tangle up in a religious debate but rather the more concerning point is that why are you always so negative if you disagree with Professor Ramadan on a certain issue or point, do raise it up. I mean the amount of hate and resentment towards the west is astounding, you have to calm yourself down as negativity is not always good for your mental nor physical health. Try to keep yourself positive and try to find points that are mutual or something you can agree with the person instead of focusing on the differences. Going to back to professor Ramadan, I think his actions are admirable and I usually listen to his congregation as well as my studies but please stop hating on the west constantly when you are living on our hard earned dollars.(i know I am sounding arrogant but please keep west bashing low and be more analytical). I am trying very hard to reason with you however lets stop the argument here and not further pollute this beautiful thread, if you have anything more you hateful to say about west, we can discuss it on this thread. However last thing i want to mention before leaving for school, if we are so bad then how come our civilization has contributed so much with the blessing of God while the east has been in the dark ages, my point being brother god loves us all no matter where we reside so think of the bigger picture instead of focusing on petty differences.

Also brother for the Koran with Tafseer(translation in urdu right?), my family has an english translation by Dr. Allama Parvez who i believe might actually be either from Pakistan or India.

@muse, while you were correct in your assertion the other day, sorry to have you jump on this thread, I will respond later as engineering courses are really taking a toll on my neurons. I think you were right in your pessimistic assertion but still lets stick with hope and eventually the islamic practitioners will start looking at the bigger pictures instead of focusing on religiosity and focus more on religion.

ahahah mon papa is the opposite if I pray Taraweeh at a sunni mosque, he gets disappointed because he considers it an act of Bidah but why do you pray 20 Rakats because I thought the sunni sect folks pray 8 rakakts if I am not wrong.

we can clean teeth by using maswak but not toothpaste because that has taste and also ingredients which can nullify fast and yes Muslims have to work on education once again but also follow Islam and leave western values I mean culture

@Zarvan toothpaste is not allowed while fasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom