What's new

Rajiv Gandhi assassination: Date set for hanging

Terrible knowledge of history, Maldives anyone? Never should have supported those scumbags of the LTTE; Rajiv Gandhi paid for his mothers mistake. I agree we should not have sent the IPKF, the fate of the LTTE was of no concern for us. Good we rectified that this time around by not interfering when the LTTE got their just desserts. Don't whine about India not helping militarily when you criticise the IPKF mission. Can't have it both ways.

it was not a mistake,....it was the most prudent thing at that time......the lankans gave bases to the pakistanis during the 71 war and were on the verge of allowing US to maintain a base on the island and this move was needed by IG to cut the lankans to their size.....but the stupid rajiv undid everything his mother so painstakingly did...the tamils were indian strategic assets in lanka...

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Out of the above the only people they truly hate is brahmins and now srilankans.I dont think they even know who are buddhists?And they dont hate hindi/north indians.

that is long passe...the era of E.V.R.......or are you saying tambrams are not tamils ?

Currently India Sri Lanka relations remain stable, Fast increase of Economic ties, today SL opened it's CG in Banglore also.

no need to act smarty pants and try to play on our divisions...lankan...we are not like you...forcing our view on others...we respect oothers pov as well and others are free to think as they feel.....but for god sakes just dont act smarty pants....

How is it 'playing on divisions' - it's plain to see to any non-Indian. Tamil Nadu is a nationalistic state that throws tantrums every so often. The object of hate is usually something non-Tamil. Tamil nationalism is driven by hatred of the other and perceived victimisation. Dravidian ideology and anti Brahminism still hold much sway. People still go on about Hindi imposition and how Tamil is losing out to Hindi and how North Indians don't care. The mistake many Tamil politicians make is assuming that Tamil interests should be Indian interests and that everyone else should share their opinion on whatever issue. It does not work that way. Tamils form only something like 5% of India's population. The views of the other 95% of Indians also matter and they may not be congruent with that of Tamil Nadu's.

Out of the above the only people they truly hate is brahmins and now srilankans.I dont think they even know who are buddhists?And they dont hate hindi/north indians.
I dont have any thing against my country men, except the furstration that the NORTH is not supporting the Tamil Nadu in every sence, be it political, economy, etc. and this to is not because of North Indians but Congress alone is the SCUM here in my mind

it was not a mistake,....it was the most prudent thing at that time......the lankans gave bases to the pakistanis during the 71 war and were on the verge of allowing US to maintain a base on the island and this move was needed by IG to cut the lankans to their size.....but the stupid rajiv undid everything his mother so painstakingly did...the tamils were indian strategic assets in lanka...

I disagree. terrorists are no one's strategic assets. Rajiv Gandhi was naive & foolish with visions of grandeur. The LTTE turned against the Indian forces, proof that they were never going to be a good strategic asset.The LTTE made a choice when they killed RG, they eventually paid with their lives for that choice. The LTTE was a bloodthirsty organisation which did more than its share of the killing of fellow Tamilians. Their megalomaniac leader got his just desserts. No sympathy whatsoever.

Currently India Sri Lanka relations remain stable, Fast increase of Economic ties, today SL opened it's CG in Banglore also.

Yes I read about that -- good news. Sri Lankan pilgrims and tourists to India should bypass Chennai and use Bangalore as their new hub.

Tamil Nadu is a nationalistic state that throws tantrums every so often.
Wrong. Give me one incident about a non-tamil being attacked in tamil nadu due to ethnic riots...just give me one incidence of ethnicn riots in tamil nadu...surely a hate-filled nationalistic state must have seen many...no ?

The object of hate is usually something non-Tamil. Tamil nationalism is driven by hatred of the other and perceived victimisation. Dravidian ideology and anti Brahminism still hold much sway.

you dont know shyt..dont think everyone as like you who hate everyone especially their country men just because they are not of the same ethnicity....

People still go on about Hindi imposition and how Tamil is losing out to Hindi. The mistake many Tamil politicians make is assuming that Tamil interests should be Indian interests. It does not work that way. Tamils form only something like 5% of India's population. The views of the other 95% of Indians also matter.

again...you are just speaking plain non-sense...anti-hindi agitations took place not only in tn..but also in kerala,maharashtra and other regional language speaking states...it was just ours was the most effective....also we have the right to put our pov across..doesnt matter if we are 5% or 0.5 % percent...we ar not like your country where the majority dictates points to the minority and if they dont listen just butcher them...dont mistake india for you...

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

that is long passe...the era of E.V.R.......or are you saying tambrams are not tamils ?

well dude,i am from tirunelveli south.As far as i know,we have been there for atleast 500 years and it doesn't matter what happened before that.But this is a different topic and not a good forum to discuss this.I dont recognize myself as anything but Tamizh and Hindu.

Yes I read about that -- good news. Sri Lankan pilgrims and tourists to India should bypass Chennai and use Bangalore as their new hub.

we would be thankful for that.....

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

well dude,i am from tirunelveli south.As far as i know,we have been there for atleast 500 years and it doesn't matter what happened before that.But this is a different topic and not a good forum to discuss this.I dont recognize myself as anything but Tamizh and Hindu.

yup...another topic another forum...i just wanted to make sure this is not the era of EVR for blind hate against anyone...atleast not for me....

I disagree. terrorists are no one's strategic assets. Rajiv Gandhi was naive & foolish with visions of grandeur. The LTTE turned against the Indian forces, proof that they were never going to be a good strategic asset.The LTTE made a choice when they killed RG, they eventually paid with their lives for that choice. The LTTE was a bloodthirsty organisation which did more than its share of the killing of fellow Tamilians. Their megalomaniac leader got his just desserts. No sympathy whatsoever.

LTTE worked as long as Indira Gandhi and MGR were there.It was the right thing to support them and if it continued,they could have got a north srilanka as their Eazham.But there are other dangers associated with it as it would have been a dictatorship and eventually,they should have merged with India rather than continue independently.

But Rajiv screwed up bigtime and he was an idiot too.No need to talk abt the legendary pot stirrer M.Karunanidhi.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

I dont have any thing against my country men, except the furstration that the NORTH is not supporting the Tamil Nadu in every sence, be it political, economy, etc. and this to is not because of North Indians but Congress alone is the SCUM here in my mind

Dude,it is impossible to support them after they killed Rajiv,whether he is a good man or not,he was the PM of India and LTTE cant do that,even though i would blame MK and other hidden international conspirators for that,perhaps Sonia herself too.They offered LTTE political bait and anyone would take it.Still the high risk dynamite ended up blowing them off.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

we would be thankful for that.....

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

yup...another topic another forum...i just wanted to make sure this is not the era of EVR for blind hate against anyone...atleast not for me....

oh no deal,nothing personal from anyone.The issue was more institutional and anyway later abt all that.

I disagree. terrorists are no one's strategic assets.

you can disagree to your heart's content...but that doesnt change geo-politics....what she did was the need of the hour...to show who was the boss in the area.....and ltte did not involve themselves in indian until rajiv's fateful decision....

Rajiv Gandhi was naive & foolish with visions of grandeur. The LTTE turned against the Indian forces, proof that they were never going to be a good strategic asset.

Why they did....? because of things like these...you cant fault them exactly....only person to be blamed here is RG for sending the troops there.....

The LTTE made a choice when they killed RG, they eventually paid with their lives for that choice. The LTTE was a bloodthirsty organisation which did more than its share of the killing of fellow Tamilians. Their megalomaniac leader got his just desserts. No sympathy whatsoever.

likewise rajiv reaped what he sowed...no sympathies whatsoever......ltte may be anything...but during their time the tamils were feared and the sinhalese dared not to discriminate against them...now that shield is lost....

Wrong. Give me one incident about a non-tamil being attacked in tamil nadu due to ethnic riots...just give me one incidence of ethnicn riots in tamil nadu...surely a hate-filled nationalistic state must have seen many...no ?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/123190-lankan-pilgrims-attacked-chennai.html

Lankans attacked, shirts burnt

Kannada restaurants attacked in Tamil Nadu

Chennai Buddhist temple attacked

you dont know shyt..dont think everyone as like you who hate everyone especially their country ment just because they are not of the same ethnicity....

Yes I know nothing and you know everything.

again...you are just speaking plain non-sense...anti-hindi agitations took place not only in tn..but also in kerala,maharashtra and other regional language speaking states...it was just ours was the most effective....also we have the right to put our pov across..doesnt matter if we are 5% or 0.5 % percent...we ar not like your country where the majority dictates points to the minority and if they dont listen just butcher them...dont mistake india for you...

So you agree Tamil Nadu has been anti-Hindi? And where do think anti-Hindi sentiment runs highest today?

And I'm sorry but the views of North Indians do trump the views of Tamil Nadu. Not only because North Indians outnumber Tamils but also because India's centre of of power is in North India. Infact the centre of power in all of South Asia lies in North India to be honest. I've talked about this before.

LTTE worked as long as Indira Gandhi and MGR were there.It was the right thing to support them and if it continued,they could have got a north srilanka as their Eazham.But there are other dangers associated with it as it would have been a dictatorship and eventually,they should have merged with India rather than continue independently.

So, we should support terrorists we like & oppose other countries supporting terrorists they like? Smacks of double standards to me. Your post points out the mistake. No one but a few wanted Sri Lanka to be split, sure Indian governments wanted to put the fear of god in the SL government & they did but no one was in favour of a separate Eelam state. which was actually why RG send the IPKF in to protect the Tamils from the Sinhalese but not to let the LTTE go crazy. Didn't work out like they thought, did it? That was a learning event to show the trustworthiness of the "strategic assets".

Dude,it is impossible to support them after they killed Rajiv,whether he is a good man or not,he was the PM of India and LTTE cant do that,even though i would blame MK and other hidden international conspirators for that,perhaps Sonia herself too.They offered LTTE political bait and anyone would take it.Still the high risk dynamite ended up blowing them off.

no need to suport anyone.....just turn a blind eye to them and forget they ever existed as any sensible state would have done.....but no we did not do that...we played active collaborators with the sinhalese....the gandhi clan at the top made sure they extracted their revenge....

Back
Top Bottom