What's new

Rajiv Gandhi assassination: Date set for hanging

and the other fact is that North India, gives a **** about TAMIL NADU and her interest, but are interested to reap the benefits that are economically achived in TN and spend the money got out of TN to North India's cause.

Seriously? No wonder the rest of India does not appear to take Tamil politicians seriously (good for Sri Lanka).

Tamil Nadu appears to be a state based on hate. Hatred seems to drive the politics there.

Hatred against:

- Hindi
- North Indians
- Brahmins
- Malayalis/Kerala
- Kannadigas/Karnataka
- Different castes
- Female babies
- Buddhists

Flavour of the month is Sri Lanka it appears.

Tamil Nadu will secede if Rajiv Gandhi assassins are hanged: Vaiko

Vaiko, general secretary, Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) and a popular Tamil politician has warned the Union government that Tamil Nadu would soon secede from the Union of India.

"If Santhan, Murugan and Perarivalan, the accused in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case are executed as per the court order, it will jeopardise Indian unity. When the 100th anniversary of the Independence Day will be celebrated on 2047, Tamil Nadu would not be a part of India,” thundered Vaiko while addressing a meeting held late on Monday night to express solidarity with those sentenced to death in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.

The meeting which was addressed by leaders of various Tamil chauvinist outfits asked Tamil Nadu chief minister Jayalalithaa to take steps to save the lives of Santhan, Murugan and Perarivalan, the three Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) activists whose clemency petition was rejected by President Pratibha Patil earlier this month.

Vaiko said it was possible for Jayalalithaa to save the three LTTE convicts invoking sections 161 and 72 of the Indian Constitution. Though the government of India had fixed October 5, 1999 as the day for hanging the three as per the Supreme Court verdict, it was postponed because of the clemency petition filed by them.

The speakers vied with one another to spit venom on India as well as the Constitution. While P Maniarasan, TDPK, wanted the Indian government to remove the Ashok Chakra from the national flag and replace the same with a hanging rope, Pavendan, another sympathiser of the LTTE called for the ‘eradication of the Indian Conmstitution’.

Vaiko was imprisoned for more than one year in 2003 by the then Jayalalithaa government for delivering pro-LTTE speeches and entertaining sympathisers of the outfit which is banned in India.

The speeches come immediately after one of the intelligence officials told DNA that some of the Tamil groups based in the state were trying to inculcate anti-national feelings among the commonman by circulating copies of hate speeches and half truths.

With the President rejecting their clemency petition in early August, the stage is set for the hanging of the three LTTE activists. Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated on May 21, 1991 by Dhanu, an LTTE suicide bomber during an election campaign meeting at Sriperumbudur, a Chennai suburb.

The Special Investigation Team under the then CBI DIG Radha Vinod Raju had arrested 26 persons in connection with the assassination. While a TADA (Terrorists and Disruptive Activities Act ) Special Court sentenced all the accused to death, the Supreme Court on appeal modified the judgment. While the apex court ratified the death sentence of four accused, the remaining 22 were given prison terms. But Nalini, one of the accused who was awarded death penalty escaped from the hangman’s noose when Sonia Gandhi came to power and commuted the death sentence to life imprisonment.

TN will secede if Rajiv Gandhi assassins are hanged: Vaiko - India - DNA

Vaiko should shive his **** up his ***.Perhaps he should go to back to Andhra Pradesh,where he belongs.

Never had we send our peace keepers with out UN approval to another forign soil. IPKF was a mistake that the politically incompetent FORMER PM did, and thats the reason he had to die, and do not say the BS that they were just doing peace keeping.
and do not leacture me on what I should or should not talk.

You are being isolated by your own countrymen... perhaps you need to re-examine how extremist your viewpoints are.

Not everything is about Tamil Nadu or Tamils.

The world or South Asia does not revolve around Tamil Nadu or Tamils.

Indian interests are not necessarily Tamil interests.

Thankfully the Indian central government is well aware of this.

That is why the Indian government continues to maintain friendly relations with Sri Lanka despite the unrealistic and extremist positions demanded by Tamil politicians.

Tamil Nadu could have played a large role in fostering peace in Sri Lanka, and improving the lives of Sri Lankan Tamils through investments in Tamil areas in the island (and thereby also increasing Indian influence) but they have burnt their bridges with their recent posturing and political extremism.

well I don't think like that, These people are Sri Lankans who brainwashed/Used by a terrorist group. We should let them to know what is life, they should enjoy life like other Tamils who live around the country.

They are Tamizh Veerans of the Northern Province and they deserve a heroes death.

Never had we send our peace keepers with out UN approval to another forign soil. IPKF was a mistake that the politically incompetent FORMER PM did, and thats the reason he had to die, and do not say the BS that they were just doing peace keeping.
and do not leacture me on what I should or should not talk.

Terrible knowledge of history, Maldives anyone? Never should have supported those scumbags of the LTTE; Rajiv Gandhi paid for his mothers mistake. I agree we should not have sent the IPKF, the fate of the LTTE was of no concern for us. Good we rectified that this time around by not interfering when the LTTE got their just desserts. Don't whine about India not helping militarily when you criticise the IPKF mission. Can't have it both ways.

Seriously? No wonder the rest of India does not appear to take Tamil politicians seriously (good for Sri Lanka).

Tamil Nadu appears to be a state based on hate. Hatred seems to drive the politics there.

Hatred against:

- Hindi
- North Indians
- Brahmins
- Malayalis/Kerala
- Kannadigas/Karnataka
- Different castes
- Female babies
- Buddhists

hahaha.......there are plenty of hindi speaking north indians happily living in tn....we dont need lessons from another country whose did one of the worst genocides on a particular ethnicity talking about "hate"...c'mon dont kid yourselves....our cm is female....wonder where the ahte came from...you are a joke....

I am not Tamilian and here is my POV for whole this LTTE episode:-

1) Bhandarnaike was the main culprit for creating divide between Sinhalis and Tamilians in SL. His policy incited ethnic cleansing of Tamilians in SL.

2) Indira Gandhi suggested Bhandarnaike to stop such violences which he refused in his arrogance.

3) Indira Gandhi thought of teaching a lesson to Bhandarnaike and to save tamilians. She created LTTE with the help of RAW, funded and trained.

4) Rajiv Gandhi had a dubious stand, while a govt institution like RAW was taking care of situation. He played a double cross by sending IPKF. This made Tamilians angry and they assasinated Mr Rajiv Gandhi.

5) This policy of Mr Rajiv Gandhi pushed to RAW on back foot and cut off them supporting LTTE. By that time, LTTE added TN in to new Tamil Eelam as well.

6) LTTE became more aggressor and without proper policy they become dangerous monster. During this period, TN politicians still using this issue for Political benefit

7) Finally, LTTE vanished and GoI just pushing SL for rehabilitation of Tamilans. While SL army still having some war crimes.

Anyone who differ abt such points may discuss the same.

@Kazhugu
As I told you already, there is no use in talking to hardliners like samv.
If the majority of the SL Sihala population is like samv, the Tamils in SL will be wiped out of SL and with the selfish poleticians in TN we can do nothing unless the rest of TN stands and says enough is enough.

You are being isolated by your own countrymen... perhaps you need to re-examine how extremist your viewpoints are.

Not everything is about Tamil Nadu or Tamils.

The world or South Asia does not revolve around Tamil Nadu or Tamils.

Indian interests are not necessarily Tamil interests.

Thankfully the Indian central government is well aware of this.

no need to act smarty pants and try to play on our divisions...lankan...we are not like you...forcing our view on others...we respect oothers pov as well and others are free to think as they feel.....but for god sakes just dont act smarty pants....

Terrible knowledge of history, Maldives anyone? Never should have supported those scumbags of the LTTE; Rajiv Gandhi paid for his mothers mistake. I agree we should not have sent the IPKF, the fate of the LTTE was of no concern for us. Good we rectified that this time around by not interfering when the LTTE got their just desserts. Don't whine about India not helping militarily when you criticise the IPKF mission. Can't have it both ways.
Ofcourse, I am not saying that we should be intervening with our military might, but should have stoped training the SL ARMY and Air Force on how to bomb people moving in search of a safe zone to save their lifes. and provide the SL army with equipments to commit genocide.

1) Bhandarnaike was the main culprit for creating divide between Sinhalis and Tamilians in SL. His policy incited ethnic cleansing of Tamilians in SL.

2) Indira Gandhi suggested Bhandarnaike to stop such violences which he refused in his arrogance.

3) Indira Gandhi thought of teaching a lesson to Bhandarnaike and to save tamilians. She created LTTE with the help of RAW, funded and trained.

4) Rajiv Gandhi had a dubious stand, while a govt institution like RAW was taking care of situation. He played a double cross by sending IPKF. This made Tamilians angry and they assasinated Mr Rajiv Gandhi.

5) This policy of Mr Rajiv Gandhi pushed to RAW on back foot and cut off them supporting LTTE. By that time, LTTE added TN in to new Tamil Eelam as well.

6) LTTE became more aggressor and without proper policy they become dangerous monster. During this period, TN politicians still using this issue for Political benefit

7) Finally, LTTE vanished and GoI just pushing SL for rehabilitation of Tamilans. While SL army still having some war crimes.

you are right on the dot....everything started with the systematic religious,political,cultural and ethnic discrimination of the tamils by the sinhalese and their refusal to accept tamils as equal citizens of lanka.....except in one case...i dont think the GoI is doing anything worthwhile for the rehabilitation of tamils in lanka..its just eyewash....when the dumass krishna doesnt open his mouth on the scores of indian tamil fishermen who are killed in seas what will he do for the lankan tamils.....

@Kazhugu
As I told you already, there is no use in talking to hardliners like samv.
If the majority of the SL Sihala population is like samv, the Tamils in SL will be wiped out of SL and with the selfish poleticians in TN we can do nothing unless the rest of TN stands and says enough is enough.

You are the extremist here, so out of touch with your own countrymen. LTTE lost their support base in TN after RG's killing which is why Prabakaran whined about how that was a mistake. You can feel whatever you want, nobody gives a rats behind about Vaiko & others like him. The people of TN don't care much or they would have shown that in their voting during the last elections. No use substituting talk for action. All the heroes who felt strongly including Vaiko & other paper tigers should have gone to fight in Sri Lanka, if they dared. We could have gotten rid of the entire load of scum at the same time.

hahaha.......there are plenty of hindi speaking north indians happily living in tn....we dont need lessons from another country whose did one of the worst genocides on a particular ethnicity talking about "hate"...c'mon dont kid yourselves....our cm is female....wonder where the ahte came from...you are a joke....

So you agree with everything else?

The bolded part is some thing, that never happened.

Hatred against:

- Hindi
- North Indians
- Brahmins
- Malayalis/Kerala
- Kannadigas/Karnataka
- Different castes
- Female babies
- Buddhists

Out of the above the only people they truly hate is brahmins and now srilankans.I dont think they even know who are buddhists?And they dont hate hindi/north indians.

Back
Top Bottom