Rajdeep and Sagarika to resign as Reliance takes over Network 18

First step-Get MSM
step 2-Replace them with our people.
Step3- Change the syllabus
step 4-Turn the nation saffron
There shall be no resistance ;)
Then Execute order 66 :D
And a New chapter in History shall begin :devil:

There shall be no opinion but only our Opinion :D.They don't know whats coming, the change is almost complete :D
What is Order 66?

Rajdeep and Sagarika to resign as Reliance takes over Network 18

Celebrity TV journalists Rajdeep Sardesai and Sagarika Ghose are likely to resign from CNN-IBN by end of June, as Reliance Industries Ltd is taking over the channel's holding company, Network 18. They are likely to go on leave from June 1 and resign by 30 June, Network 18 officials told Scroll.in. In between, they will sell to Reliance Industries their minority shares in the company.

Network 18 managing director Raghav Bahl is likely to resign tomorrow, May 30. He has no immediate investment or entrepreneurial plans in the media, these officials said. This will come after the exit earlier this week of three top executives at Network 18, Sai Kumar, Ajay Chacko and RDS Bawa.

While Sardesai and Ghose have offers from other media houses, officials denied the rumours doing the rounds in the Delhi media for weeks that they were considering an offer from Focus TV. While Ghose is reliably learnt to be considering offers from other media organisations, Sardesai is considering taking a break for a year to write a book. The duo haven't had it easy with the management of the channel recently. In February, Scroll.in had reported that the management had asked Ghose to not be critical of Narendra Modi, who was making an ambitious bid for the post of prime minister.

Reliance Industries Ltd. today said in a press release (.pdf here) that they were putting is Rs. 4,000 crores (around $679 million) in Independent Media Trust to for "for acquisition of control in Network 18 Media & Investments Ltd... including its subsidiary TV18 Broadcast Limited... " In other words, Reliance Industries is effecting a management takeover of Network 18.

"The acquisition will differentiate Reliance's 4G business by providing a unique amalgamation at the intersect of telecom, web and digital commerce via a suite of premier digital properties," the release said. "This suite includes In.com, IBNLive.com, Moneycontrol.com, Firstpost.com, Cricketnext.in, Homeshop18.com, Bookmyshow.com; the broadcast channels include Colors, CNN IBN, CNBC TV18, IBN7, CNBC Awaaz."

The announcement has left Network 18 employees in a state of uncertainty, sources say.

The Independent Media Trust will use these funds to buy 78% stake in Network18 and 9% stake in TV18 and to acquire shares tendered in the Open Offers. IMT will make open offers simultaneously to public shareholders to acquire shares of Network18, TV18 and Infomedia Press Limited.

Scroll.in - News. Politics. Culture.

It seem to be a plan of Modi to capture media house by their pet industrialist with Money power. Nice move.

Bad news. Remove Rajdeep Sardesai from CNN-IBN (to a lesser extent Sagarika Ghosh) and with Karan Thapar already gone, that channel is pretty much a waste of time. Neither Rajdeep or Sagarika will want for offers, the loss here is primarily that of the viewers. Rajdeep Sardesai was both good and engaging & while the same could not be said with as much conviction for Ms. Ghosh, she was an interesting voice as well.

First step-Get MSM
step 2-Replace them with our people.
Step3- Change the syllabus
step 4-Turn the nation saffron
There shall be no resistance ;)
Then Execute order 66 :D
And a New chapter in History shall begin :devil:

There shall be no opinion but only our Opinion :D.They don't know whats coming, the change is almost complete :D

What is this Order 66 and MSM bhai?

What is Order 66?

This is Execute Order 66, Surprise attack and takeover everything ;)

They must be shitting in their pants reading this. LOL.
There is lot more, involved, but will need funds and backing from government.

What is this Order 66 and MSM bhai?
This is order 66, lol meant to imply when all the chess pieces are in place you move to checkmate and change everything in one go.

MSM=Main stream media, news channels,Print media(Papers)
SM=Social Media, Fb,twitter etc.

Last edited:
Bad news. Remove Rajdeep Sardesai from CNN-IBN (to a lesser extent Sagarika Ghosh) and with Karan Thapar already gone, that channel is pretty much a waste of time. Neither Rajdeep or Sagarika will want for offers, the loss here is primarily that of the viewers. Rajdeep Sardesai was both good and engaging & while the same could not be said with as much conviction for Ms. Ghosh, she was an interesting voice as well.
I agree partially.
Without Rajdeep, the Channel will not perform as good. Rajdeep was a very good anchor. Always maintained some semblance of neutrality and had good points to offer.

On the other hand, I dont think any one will miss Sagarika Ghosh.

Their mission was to stop Modi but they failed miserably. So such frustration was predictable.

Achey din aa gaye hain.

Modi's staunch enemies are biting the dust one by one. If anyone has resurrected Chankya back, it is Modi and no one else.

People who are moaning about media freedom should know the people they are defending were Congress-I poodles in the first place.

Furthermore Times Now has beaten them big time in TRPs during these election so management was to pull them for their failure to attract more eyes.

Now all what we will see in these articles disseminated by jholachap assholes with a spin of them leaving the channel for not allowed to be critical of Modi, but never their miserable performance and poor mass appeal.

Only shameless women misleading masses is still on Air and one can expect from her after Radia tapes expose she remained defiant and still doing the same with factious smile, hiding her tears seeing Modi riding in BMWs.

While removal of SG is good.

No one here should think that this would turn CNN-IBN into a BJP sympathetic channel. Its Reliance who has operational control over it now.

Mukesh Ambani will support whichever side the wind blows. So if today, he is siding with BJP, can also mean that 4 years from now, he starts supporting Congress before elections.

I dont think having Reliance in control of a major news channel in India is in any way good news.

While removal of SG is good.

No one here should think that this would turn CNN-IBN into a BJP sympathetic channel. Its Reliance who has operational control over it now.

Mukesh Ambani will support whichever side the wind blows. So if today, he is siding with BJP, can also mean that 4 years from now, he starts supporting Congress before elections.

I dont think having Reliance in control of a major news channel in India is in any way good news.

Atleast we will be saed with blatant Anti-Modism. Other "Scular" anchors may think before blindly hating Modi.

I dont want whole media to be bootlicker of Modi. It is not good for healthy democracy. If Modi does wrong please report against him. But at the same time using all your energy just to oppose one man 24/7 is also wrong and should be condemned.

I am an ardent supporter of Modi/BJP but still I felt that they were wrong in opposing nuclear deal and FDI in Multi Brand Retail.

Atleast we will be saed with blatant Anti-Modism. Other "Scular" anchors may think before blindly hating Modi.

I dont want whole media to be bootlicker of Modi. It is not good for healthy democracy. If Modi does wrong please report against him. But at the same time using all your energy just to oppose one man 24/7 is also wrong and should be condemned.

I am an ardent supporter of Modi/BJP but still I felt that they were wrong in opposing nuclear deal and FDI in Multi Brand Retail.
I think they are right in opposing ban on FDI in Multi brand retail. I support this.

Back
Top Bottom