What's new

Railways official refuses to work with ‘ill-mannered’ Sheikh Rasheed

Yaar he probably applied for the paid leave knowing well he won't get but he preempted Sheikh Rasheed with something after he had told him "You shut up". The question here is that should a federal minister have told a senior officer to shut up in the first place.

The senior officer tried to blackmail Sheikh Rasheed into a 730 day leave as if he is the King of Pakistan Railway. I am appalled by this arrogance.

It's noteworthy that Sheikh Rasheed is in the news a lot for some very controversial things i.e. giving NLC and FWO the ML1 track without any bidding for it and now giving a shut up shout to a senior officer who was talking about previous ministry's decision to built a rack for Bolan mail (Karachi - Quetta) as more viable than using this new rack for Sheikh Rasheed's Proposed train route of Rawalpindi - Kundian obviously to disliking by the minister.

This officer is Commercial Manager, so most likely dealing with Freight. And Freight is where the most corruption+incompetence is, if you listen to all of SR's recent press since taking over the ministry.

SR has already suspended 2-3 people from Freight.

This officer is Commercial Manager, so most likely dealing with Freight. And Freight is where the most corruption+incompetence is, if you listen to all of SR's recent press since taking over the ministry.

Oversmart clown.

He knew his time is up so he tried to pre-empt Sheikh Rasheed.

Again, Nobody just go and say shut up without any reason. What's context? What if the so called honourable baboo tried to belittle his boss? As I said you are picking one line and giving all the benefits to baboo while general conduct of these baboos, their corruption, on going NAB inquiries against Railway (and he is holding key and lucrative post), contents his application and making it public all goes against him .
I am sorry I didn't see this however I thing the answer is in this post.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/rail...ed-sheikh-rasheed.574564/page-7#post-10745509

let me just add one more thing here....railways ki asal revenue generate hoti hai freight se not from passengers...this is something i heard from a friend of mine who frequently travels via railways...

And you believe this guy do you? Assuming if it was true do you think Ayub would openly shout to the Pakistani public "I appointed Yahya because I was pissed of at you the public so now enjoy it hahahaha"? Does that even begin to make sense? Most ex-leaders go out of the way to pain a positive picture of their rule even if it was terrible rule. Have you heard Musharaf bragging about his rule? Or Nawaz? Or ZAB before he was hanged?

Hi,

I do---he is family near and dear to me---a little older than me---and it was after his visit to islamabad that he came to visit us at our house and narrated the story---and he seemed to be quite disturbed by it---talking to my father and I was sitting next to him---.

This whole "honorable Civil service" is a bluff, nothing more. And with this mind set and attitude the nation cannot achieve crap even in a 100 year. We all have an idea how they treat their subordinates especially the rankers and general public. So suck it up Mr "honorable Civil serviceman"

I used to work for an exceedingly difficult and moody boss once - my first job. When he got promotion, he offered only 3 employees to move with him (me being one of them); I politely refused and moved on. My boss attempted to convince me for 2 weeks, to no avail.

There are people who will not tolerate abuse for long, no matter what. Work ethics are important for everybody, and managers are supposed to create a healthy work environment for all.
You had a bad experianc e with your boss and now your equating SR with the bad boss you mention? How do you know that SR was abusing the guy. I am sure SR has his side of the story. You only heard the one side. Keep that in mind. The way you are talking is you have already judged SR guilty of being a abusive, ogre of a boss. How do you know that SR was not happy about this guys performance and he gave him a grilling. And this guy decides to pull this stunt. Like I said in my earlier post. The election cleared the old political class. But the bureaucracy is the same and in Pakistan bureaucracy is heavily politicized. They will cause much trouble in preventing the agenda of the new government. This is just the begining. Expect worse.

I think in Pakistan people have a misconception if you are an "Employee" you own the company in some form and without you the company will suffer.

It is time every employee in Pakistani States is asked to sign a document , to acknowledge they can be fired at anytime at company's discretion should they wish to continue to remain employed , if they don't sign it , show them the door

There is a no such thing as a "PERMANENT" for life job , you are an employee until the company you work for needs you and you are Productive

Everyone is entitled to only 10 day vacation , and 2-4 sick days in given year.

This guy wants two years leave with full pay.
provincially you can avail with pay leave under the following 4 categories
1.study leave max 4 yrs for m.phil and phd
2.earned leave
3.medical leave
4.casual leave
2 yrs with pay leave cannot be provisioned just because you dont like your new boss...

You had a bad experianc e with your boss and now your equating SR with the bad boss you mention? How do you know that SR was abusing the guy. I am sure SR has his side of the story. You only heard the one side. Keep that in mind. The way you are talking is you have already judged SR guilty of being a abusive, ogre of a boss. How do you know that SR was not happy about this guys performance and he gave him a grilling. And this guy decides to pull this stunt. Like I said in my earlier post. The election cleared the old political class. But the bureaucracy is the same and in Pakistan bureaucracy is heavily politicized. They will cause much trouble in preventing the agenda of the new government. This is just the begining. Expect worse.
My experience - on the whole - was OK. I learned a great deal from him, and I am also thankful to him for hiring me. However, I decided not to continue with him due to his attitude problems, and I have no regrets.

My point is that abusive environment is not good for employees in general. Do you think employees are slaves or something? Jiss ka dil karey, aa key jootey marley?

Professional work ethics are important to create a good working environment.

As I pointed out earlier, I admire SR for being politically savvy but he needs to control his temper, and should be coached to handle differences professionally. I cannot say much about the officer in question; I do not know him in person.

Minister ho yah Prime Minister - needs to work professionally.

This is just the beginning? Expect worse? Dude! What will the Ministers do? Shut down organizations and act like Mafia bosses? Iss tarah qaam nahin chalta.

Accountability should be for EVERYBODY in this country, not just the employees.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom