What's new

Rahul Gandhi showing 'signs of great change': Nayantara Sahgal

Desi_Dalek

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
Chandigarh: Noted writer and niece of former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, Nayantara Sahgal is impressed with the way Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has decided to play a "bigger role" and feels he is showing "signs of great change".

Speaking on the sidelines of fourth Chandigarh Literature Festival on Thursday, Sahgal, when asked to comment on what she thought about Rahul, , "Like everybody else I thought (several years back), he did not want to be in politics. Many of us thought it would be better if he takes up something else."

nayantara_sahgal.jpg

"He is certainly showing signs of great change. I have noticed a change, which is very positive," said Sahgal, who recently returned her 'Sahitya Akademi' Award over the Dadri lynching incident and growing inolerance.
She, however, quickly added that now she has seen a great change in Rahul. "Recently, I watched him speak in the context of Bihar elections. He was very impressive, very thorough about his facts... Perhaps he has decided to throw in his weight fully now. Before that, he was doing it behind the scenes, trying to organise, democratise the Youth Congress. Now, may be he has decided to play a bigger role.

"He is certainly showing signs of great change. I have noticed a change, which is very positive," said Sahgal, who recently returned her 'Sahitya Akademi' Award over the Dadri lynching incident and growing inolerance.

When asked did politics beckon her at any point in time, Sahgal, who said that in her early life, she has been deeply influenced by Nehru and Mahatma Gandhi, replied, "Never".

She further said that she could have gotten into "politics at any time (as it ran in the family). On two occasions I was offered a seat in Parliament, but I have never wanted power and never wanted wealth. I have never had any hankering for these two things."

Yet, she said, "politics has served me as a very good material for my fiction (as a writer)".

Rahul Gandhi showing 'signs of great change': Nayantara Sahgal - IBNLive

Nayantara Sahgal just lost whatever credibility she has by endorsing RaGa. Even people who dislike Modi, don't want Pappu as their alternative.

Really?? And what experience does he had that brought this sudden change.

Really?? And what experience does he had that brought this sudden change.

We have to appreciate social media like youtube,facebook,twitter etc exposed the real face of rahul gandhi and proved to be that he don't have any knowledge on any subject,nor sincere for our nation.I still remember our paid medias projecting Rahul as king of india,future PM blah blah about few years back when none of these social medias exist.

Have you seen sonia gandhi attending an interview?
Have you seen sonia gandhi speaking to audience with out looking on paper?

Last edited:
She further said that she could have gotten into "politics at any time (as it ran in the family). On two occasions I was offered a seat in Parliament, but I have never wanted power and never wanted wealth. I have never had any hankering for these two things."

Above quote is the crux of the matter IMO. these people owned the country, becoming an MP was there just for the asking, it like asking mum for aloo parathas on your birthday...of course she is going to make it for you. Any amount of power and wealth was hers for the asking.

This is what these people are crying about - their loss of privilege. They fume and rage that a low caste chai walla may take it from them for ever. And then they would be like the rest of us.

Last edited:
We have to appreciate social media like youtube,facebook,twitter etc exposed the real face of rahul gandhi and proved to be that he don't have any knowledge on any subject,nor sincere for our nation.I still remember our paid medias projecting Rahul as king of india,future PM blah blah about few years back when none of these social medias exist.

Have you seen sonia gandhi attending an interview?
Have you seen sonia gandhi speaking to audience with out looking on paper?
Sonia Gandhi is the congress goddess who sacrificed her everything for India. :tsk::lol:
It's funny how the Gandhi's are trying to retain the family's legacy in the congress.

How the hell do you not know about Rahul Ji.
Here is the list of his full achievements: Link.
Its too much achievement. I never thought he would have achieved so much in such a short time. Thats great.

Every one should read them and pls click the link. I have downloaded the link and read, because it will take whole 1 month to do so !!

Teachers will instruct students to study well and not to become like a rahul gandhi.:cheesy:

None of our paid media have guts to ask where these sonia and rahul gandhi's going for foreign trips and for what ?

Our Paid media have been working with the congress beurocracy for half the century. Its difficult to adjust with the new party. But sooner or later they will.

And for the author returning the the awards pls write the address of Sahitya Akademy properly, because with the press confreres and declaring to return the award does not make the difference other than sensation. Pls return the certificate via Speed Post and return the Money. If the govt stop buying your books for storing in the Sarkari Library, your source of Income would be LUL.

Back
Top Bottom