What's new

RAFALE VS F-16 BLOCK52+

It is worth remembering that stealth-optimised, or fifth-generation fighters such as the Lockheed F-22 Raptor and F-35 Joint Strike Fighter are not only likely to be hugely expensive, but they can only preserve their stealth characteristics by carrying a very limited weapons load in their internal weapon bays.

Therefore, in the current and predicted financial defence climate, it could well be that so-called fourth-generation fighters will remain the aircraft of choice for most nations - perhaps even including the UK.

Moreover, the fact that the Rafale is the only European fighter in production that is carrier-capable gives it, in my opinion, a distinct advantage in any future export "fly-off" competition as a single combat type that can equip a country's air force and naval air arm.

In answer to my own evaluation objectives, it was obvious the Rafale has earned its omnirole definition, even though I barely scratched the surface of its sensor and weapon capabilities. The aircraft has an incredible level of performance befitting a fourth-generation type, and despite flying a highly complex and demanding evaluation sortie, I felt completely at home in the aircraft and retained full situational awareness. If it could keep me safe, it would also do the same for young first-tourist pilots coping with tactical operations.

The classic definitions of aircraft combat roles really do not do justice to this aircraft; the Rafale is Europe's force-multiplying "war-fighter" par excellence. It is simply the best and most complete combat aircraft that I have ever flown. Its operational deployments speak for themselves. If I had to go into combat, on any mission, against anyone, I would, without question, choose the Rafale.
FLIGHT TEST: Dassault Rafale - Rampant Rafale

@ kinetic-- my question is still unanswered

youve conveniently averted the question by bringing in blk60 in the comparison eventhough i dont think other than aesa , the blk60 brings anything new over the blk52+ that justifies the money paid for [in development] by uae

There is a generation gap between F-16 block 50/52 with MRCA Rafale.

F16 Block 52+ = 4th Generation Aircraft

So i assume you mean Rafale is a 5th Generation Aircraft, Goodness me this is such a mind revealing news. The Rafale is a stealth aircraft with a RCS of a golf ball, we never knew that it carried internal weapons to reduce its RCS. I cannot take you Indian fanboys :rofl:, first the SU30MKI is a 5th Generation Aircraft and now this, whats next the MIG21 Bison is also a generation ahead of the F16 :D lol

Forget AESA lets talk about F-16IN vs Rafale, the F-16In that lost to Rafale.

We do not know why the F-16IN lost out to the Rafale in India.
A top executive, who did not wish to be named, said questions about the criteria adopted to shortlist European fighters (Eurofighter Typhoon and Rafale) had not been answered.

"We are awaiting responses to the clarifications sought by the US government," he said.

With so much corruption in India I wouldn't be surprised to learn IAF's choice was motivated by greed. You assume Rafale was superior but the UAE is refusing the Rafale because it was found to be inferior to its own F-16 Block 60.

Pakistan will be hoping India chooses the Rafale, in terms of capability it doesn't offer more than Pakistan's F-16's and India will likely to go bankrupt fighting a war with French weapons.

With so much corruption in India I wouldn't be surprised to learn IAF's choice was motivated by greed. You assume Rafale was superior but the UAE is refusing the Rafale because it was found to be inferior to its own F-16 Block 60.

Pakistan will be hoping India chooses the Rafale, in terms of capability it doesn't offer more than Pakistan's F-16's and India will likely to go bankrupt fighting a war with French weapons.

Awwww...poor gal ,i know the decison was a heart breaker for you but we Indians Don't believe in Uncle Sam lap dance . Eurofighters won purely on technical aspects,you yourself just said that you don't know why american jets were kicked out but you do know that corruption is involved in it ,Hilarious huh?? Care to explain why then C17,C130j,P8i,engines ,M777 etc etc won, do you think Your country was good at paying bribes during in these deals but coudn't pay during mmrca whereas Europeans were good ?? :disagree:

Awwww...poor gal ,i know the decison was a heart breaker for you but we Indians Don't believe in Uncle Sam lap dance . Eurofighters won purely on technical aspects,you yourself just said that you don't know why american jets were kicked out but you do know that corruption is involved in it ,Hilarious huh?? Care to explain why then C17,C130j,P8i,engines ,M777 etc etc won, do you think Your country is good at paying bribes during in these deals but coudn't pay during mmrca whereas Europeans were good ?? :disagree:

C17,C130,P8i won what? These were all purchased via FMS not competitive bids there was no scope for corruption.

Read this letter to the Indian Prime Minister.
"...US has a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act which makes it impossible to give bribes...."
page%2B2.jpg

Yes the Planes from US are better than Rafale and Typhoon. Whenever, Indians opt for systems other than US, it is a malpractice. Now the US should be happy.

According to Tellis' sources in the IAF, the F-16IN bid received low marks in the technical evaluation for a slow turn rate and poorer handling performance due to the addition of conformal fuel tanks.
Those deficiencies made the F-16IN less competitive in dogfights against older F-16Block 50s, which are operated by Pakistan.
The Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet was the US government's best shot to win the contract, but it was also hampered in the Indian evaluation by poor manoeuvrability compared to the European fighters, Tellis said.

old wine in new bottle suits your jets and plz care less about india getting bankrupt soon gal :coffee:

Tellis: US fighters lost MMRCA contract due to technical faults

the F-16IN bid received low marks in the technical evaluation for a slow turn rate and poorer handling performance due to the addition of conformal fuel tanks.[/B]
Those deficiencies made the F-16IN less competitive in dogfights against older F-16Block 50s, which are operated by Pakistan.

Well that's just retarded. PAF's F-16 block 52+ have CFTs.

Not to mention CFTs are not always employed, they can be used on eurofighters and Rafale too, if Rafale or EFT were to employ CFTs, their rate of turn and maneuverability would also be affected.

C17,C130,P8i won what? These were all purchased via FMS not competitive bids there was no scope for corruption.

Read this letter to the Indian Prime Minister.

page%2B2.jpg

Why FMS when there are other option in the market except C17 what about engines like f414 ,no doubt there are option in european markets .And FMS deal was opted after competion ,just like in E414 ,M777 And most probably Apache too.

Well that's just retarded. PAF's F-16 block 52+ have CFTs.

Not to mention CFTs are not always employed, they can be used on eurofighters and Rafale too, if Rafale or EFT were to employ CFTs, their rate of turn and maneuverability would also be affected.

Errr...PAF Got option for CFT and they still don't have ..Eurofighters airframes are new and they were designed keeping CFT in mind unlike american jets .Old is not always gold..

Errr...PAF Got option for CFT and they still don't have ..Eurofighters airframes are new and they were designed keeping CFT in mind unlike american jets .Old is not always gold..

We do have CFTs. You need to be more attentive!
172391_196433743718919_100000568850831_641743_2330474_o.jpg

wait wait wait...... your telling me, that eurofighter's airframe is way better then old, un-aerodynamic F-16 airframe?
You gotta kidding me?

Did you not hear the news of PAF F-16 pilots defeating Italian Eurofighters in WVR combat.
Get real dude. F-16IN was in no way out dated.

Back
Top Bottom