Rafale: towards standard F4

Vergennes

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
France
@Louiq XIV @Taygibay

AP_160502_52R-1-1600-200x133.jpg

Saint-Cloud, 22 March 2017 – On 20 March 2017, the French Minister for Defense, Mr. Jean-Yves Le Drian, authorized the start of development of the new RAFALE F4 standard.

Dassault Aviation and the 500 French companies associated with the RAFALE program wish to thank the French Ministry of Defense, the Defense procurement agency (DGA), the French Air Force and the Navy for their confidence.

The policy underpinning the RAFALE program is continuous development to adapt the aircraft to changing needs, through a succession of standards. As early as 2023, a first version of the F4 standard will follow the F3-R standard, scheduled for qualification in 2018.

“I am delighted by the Minister for Defense’s decision. The F4 standard will incorporate operational experience feedback and enable continuous improvement of the RAFALE to be maintained. It will reinforce the national skills and technological capabilities essential for preparing the development of the next generation of combat aircraft”, stated Eric Trappier, Chairman and CEO of Dassault Aviation. “I am also delighted that the Defense Ministry underlines the need to continue with acquisition of the RAFALE, beyond the 4th tranche currently in production, in order primarily to meet the needs of the French Air Force. Finally, this robust national foundation will constitute a launch pad for our aircraft in future export markets.”

http://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/dassault-aviation/press/press-kits/rafale-towards-standard-f4/

@Louiq XIV @Taygibay

Saint-Cloud, 22 March 2017 – On 20 March 2017, the French Minister for Defense, Mr. Jean-Yves Le Drian, authorized the start of development of the new RAFALE F4 standard.

Dassault Aviation and the 500 French companies associated with the RAFALE program wish to thank the French Ministry of Defense, the Defense procurement agency (DGA), the French Air Force and the Navy for their confidence.

The policy underpinning the RAFALE program is continuous development to adapt the aircraft to changing needs, through a succession of standards. As early as 2023, a first version of the F4 standard will follow the F3-R standard, scheduled for qualification in 2018.

“I am delighted by the Minister for Defense’s decision. The F4 standard will incorporate operational experience feedback and enable continuous improvement of the RAFALE to be maintained. It will reinforce the national skills and technological capabilities essential for preparing the development of the next generation of combat aircraft”, stated Eric Trappier, Chairman and CEO of Dassault Aviation. “I am also delighted that the Defense Ministry underlines the need to continue with acquisition of the RAFALE, beyond the 4th tranche currently in production, in order primarily to meet the needs of the French Air Force. Finally, this robust national foundation will constitute a launch pad for our aircraft in future export markets.”

http://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/dassault-aviation/press/press-kits/rafale-towards-standard-f4/

So F 4 will also be exported to foreign customers

@Louiq XIV @Taygibay

So F 4 will also be exported to foreign customers

To late for Indias 36 Rafales.
You will be buying what soon will be known as last years model (popping popcorn).

Of course not India will have its own standard said to be based on standard F3R which is not even deployed in the FAF.

It looks like the F4 standard will focus on network centric warfare, sensors improvments, missile and engine scheduled modifications.

You will be buying what soon will be known as last years model (popping popcorn).

2016 488GTB vs 2018 Civic Type R ?

I have a 20+ year old constantly updated
titanium mountain bike and you can keep
your heavy 29" soft sprung new model for
the very simple reason that I don't see any
of them that ride any good after 5 years.

AESA, top EW, discreet, naval, nuke and CM,
when is that all going to be on another Euro
bird exactly? Next year? The year after that?
Later maybe?

By the way what does that reasoning mean
for your CDs ( the Gripen models not your music )?
Antiques Airshow?

You can do better, Tay.

when we will be able to see MICA NG, with F4 maybe ?

when we will be able to see MICA NG, with F4 maybe ?

Yes, probably as one of those pieces of kit "ready by 2023".
Sensor, electronics and motorization upgrades are expected.

In DGA parlance, a standard is comprised of multiple "plans"
that are bundled together. Each individual plan may have its
roots a different number of years back and on occasion have
its induction advanced or delayed. The MICA NG itself has the
sensor part derived from obsolescence treatment by the OEM
coupled to the official NG development bringing the engine and
electronics ones.

I love your enthusiasm for your new toy, mate :enjoy:

All the best to you and yours, Tay.

Last edited:
Yes, probably as one of those pieces of kit "ready by 2023".
Sensor, electronics and motorization upgrades are expected.

In DGA parlance, a standard is comprised of multiple "plans"
that are bundled together. Each individual plan may have its
roots a different number of years back and on occasion have
its induction advanced or delayed. The MICA NG itself has the
sensor part derived from obsolescence treatment by the OEM
couple to the official NG development bringing the engine and
electronics ones.

I love your enthusiasm for your new toy, mate :enjoy:

All the best to you and yours, Tay.

I just always had a thing for the French fighter, jets especially the Mirage 2000 and the Rafale not just because we operate them both , i also care about Mica NG cause till now there is no confirmation that we are getting the meteor so maybe we are waiting for next gen Mica as it mica is our only proper bvr missile till the R77 enters service and as we lost hope that usa will provide the Aim-120 to Egypt

there is no confirmation that we are getting the meteor so ...

You do understand that the capacity is not present on your Rafales
to even use the Meteor, right? Its planned introduction always was
for 2018 within the F3R standard simply because the MICA does the
job for now.

It could come for the 12 optional ones if ordered by late spring/summer or
a retrofit could be activated along with those or separately at a later time.

Read you later my friend, Tay.

Last edited:

3D model of Rafale fighter jet
Dassault and the French Defense Procurement Agency (DGA) hopes to develop improved next-generation Rafale F4 fighter jet with the new capacities empowered by the modern missile and engine technologies.

That was reported by defense-update.com.

The French Minister of Defense, Mr. Jean-Yves Le Drian, authorized the start of development of the next generation variant of the Rafale.

The new variant will follow the Rafale F3-R currently in development and scheduled to complete the qualification testing next year. Dassault now produces Rafales to fulfill French orders for 180 aircraft, along with sales of 78 more aircraft for Egypt and India. The French Air Force could order additional 45 as it phases out older Mirage 2000 aircraft.

The first fully equipped Rafale F4 aircraft are expected to enter service in 2025, though certain functions will be available in 2023. It will be part of the fifth production tranche (2019-2025), delivering on French and export orders.

http://defence-blog.com/news/france-plan-to-develop-a-next-generation-rafale-f4-fighter.html

3D model of Rafale fighter jet
Dassault and the French Defense Procurement Agency (DGA) hopes to develop improved next-generation Rafale F4 fighter jet with the new capacities empowered by the modern missile and engine technologies.

That was reported by defense-update.com.

The French Minister of Defense, Mr. Jean-Yves Le Drian, authorized the start of development of the next generation variant of the Rafale.

The new variant will follow the Rafale F3-R currently in development and scheduled to complete the qualification testing next year. Dassault now produces Rafales to fulfill French orders for 180 aircraft, along with sales of 78 more aircraft for Egypt and India. The French Air Force could order additional 45 as it phases out older Mirage 2000 aircraft.

The first fully equipped Rafale F4 aircraft are expected to enter service in 2025, though certain functions will be available in 2023. It will be part of the fifth production tranche (2019-2025), delivering on French and export orders.

http://defence-blog.com/news/france-plan-to-develop-a-next-generation-rafale-f4-fighter.html

Good news Zarvan.
I'm sure that the M88 core has now achieved full potential.

Back
Top Bottom