What's new

Rafale to give India edge over China, Pakistan: IAF chief Bhadauria

Not the case as per my best sources we have fired only two missiles and perfect kill record but Some idiots / fan boys and some Indian propaganda told / spread that we have fired 12 missiles ...in that case Indian could have locate more than one missiles but they only show remains of one that we have fired at Su-30.

No one knows for sure except few and thats confidential information. Even if 12 were fired its nothing bad. Imagine large number of jets coming ur way, firing missiles to deter them is a good strategy. In the end the aim is to achieve the objective and that we did.

No one knows for sure except few and thats confidential information. Even if 12 were fired its nothing bad. Imagine large number of jets coming ur way, firing missiles to deter them is a good strategy. In the end the aim is to achieve the objective and that we did.
Bro we trapped them, we launch day light attack, we jammed their communications, they shoot down their own helo....

Everything is well planned...

We fired AAMRAM on su-30 downed...wreckage fell inside IOK, we shoot down MIG wreckage and pilots captured...

What is off boresight weapon system???
An agile missile system that is capable of making rapid turns and is coupled to a helmet mounted display to allow targeting beyond the frontal axis.

So basically allow the pilot to look at a target at his rear quarters and launch a missile at it with a reasonably high probability of kill.

MKI the so called Air Dominance fighter was to do the same ? Now this ?

An agile missile system that is capable of making rapid turns and is coupled to a helmet mounted display to allow targeting beyond the frontal axis.

So basically allow the pilot to look at a target at his rear quarters and launch a missile at it with a reasonably high probability of kill.
We have that in our f16s with the HMD's but not in JF-17s.

Not the case as per my best sources we have fired only two missiles and perfect kill record but Some idiots / fan boys and some Indian propaganda told / spread that we have fired 12 missiles ...in that case Indian could have locate more than one missiles but they only show remains of one that we have fired at Su-30.
Yes... a pair of arrows :)

PAF F-16s got the JHMCS but no AIM-9X HOBS missiles.
I see. However, is our helmet mount cuing system of any use with our Aim C5's?
Do we need Aim 9X to operate that feature of our block 52s.

However, is our helmet mount cuing system of any use with our Aim C5's?
HMS's are to be used with missiles with infra-red (heat) seekers. AMRAAM is a radar guided missile. I don't think it can even be used at short WVR ranges

Last edited:
HMS are to be used with missiles with infra red seekers. Amraam is a radar guided missile. I don't think it can even be used at short WVR ranges
Ok let me get back to you after doing some research.

Do we need Aim 9X to operate that feature of our block 52s.
HMS's do increase the lethality of our AIM- 9Ms. But to fully maximize it's potential we need a missile which was designed with HMS's in mind, like the AIM-9X

Last edited:
In the age of BVR, Rafale is infact a capable fighter but then again, depends upon package for IAF & utilization as well.

Back
Top Bottom