What's new

Rafale Slipstream: India not to Budge on Lowering Jets’ Price

not sure why the two would be linked :undecided:

Joint approach to lower the cost of the AC, cheaper parts Made in India, Maintenance base in India, manpower to be trained in India which is also a lot cheaper.............. it makes good business sense for the UAE to link its buy with India.

You claim you have the cash then go for it, why would French damage their future sales by lowering the price so much for you,just for 36 birds.
Besides Qatar the rest of GCC combine can buy more than 100 of these and if French gave you discount then everyone is gona force them for every defence related product they sell.

what the hell???? Small Example. So if you have money would you pay 500 rs for a KG of Apple ???

Let qatar and GCC buy 500 planes... We're not asking for any discounts here... Qatar paid 7 billion for 24 jets, we're buying 12 more than Qatar how do you expect us to pay 5 billion for 12 Jets... do you think we're crazy???

3 Rafales = AK-47s for entire police force
4 Rafales = 1 nuclear powered submarine
6 Rafales = 400 light helicopters K-226T or Ecureil
8 Rafales = 4 S-400 systems
10 Rafales = 1 aircraft carrier ...
36 Rafales = 18 Scorpene

Dude you can't buy Assets for Navy or Army or police fom canceling the contract of Air force... its their budget not Army's or Navy's. if they feel it suits their needs then let them have it

who wants to bet France is the one who just says F-it, and pulls the Rafale out of India.

I mean India had leverage when Rafale had no export orders, and a prospect of a mega 126 fighter deal with India was just too good to be true.

but now Egypt and Qatar have ordered the Rafale!! between the two of them 48 birds!!

you can bet more Arab nations are going to order the Rafale.

India blew it.

I agree that we were in a very bad position 4 years ago,but thanks to the Egyptians,this has changed. Negociations are in final stages to sell 60 aircrafts to the UAE !

3 Rafales = AK-47s for entire police force
4 Rafales = 1 nuclear powered submarine
6 Rafales = 400 light helicopters K-226T or Ecureil
8 Rafales = 4 S-400 systems
10 Rafales = 1 aircraft carrier ...
36 Rafales = 18 Scorpene

I am telling this since from many months that abandon this Rafale deal, we are getting robbed.

We have NO REASON WITH US TO ACQUIRE IT. Bying rafale @270 million/per piece will be the biggest blunder in the Indian History.
I thought India was rich ? :bunny:
No,seriously,how is Parikar going to justify an aircraft at 270 million/per piece at the parliament ? :pop:

I agree that we were in a very bad position 4 years ago,but thanks to the Egyptians,this has changed. Negociations are in final stages to sell 60 aircrafts to the UAE !

I thought India was rich ? :bunny:
No,seriously,how is Parikar going to justify an aircraft at 270 million/per piece at the parliament ? :pop:
confused-man-in-suit.jpg

so told you we are "rich " :what:

no one yes no one is going to give us there hard eraned technology and manufacturing expertise just becuse we could be there biggest coustmours bottom line is your interstss and profits

we should ditch rafale for our own tejas and AMCA and work harder to make them a reality and force to be reckonned with just like china whioch despite all embargoes is making all powers swet

what the hell???? Small Example. So if you have money would you pay 500 rs for a KG of Apple ???

Let qatar and GCC buy 500 planes... We're not asking for any discounts here... Qatar paid 7 billion for 24 jets, we're buying 12 more than Qatar how do you expect us to pay 5 billion for 12 Jets... do you think we're crazy???

Dude you can't buy Assets for Navy or Army or police fom canceling the contract of Air force... its their budget not Army's or Navy's. if they feel it suits their needs then let them have it
salaam sirji there is a diffrence in using funds and spulrging we need to draw that line and make airforce work on indian platforms and make them better heck M2K or even su30s came without cannon or missiles and had many problems from day one but these air force foreign mall lobby want tejas to be pocket monster from day one without giving and working activelly with HAL/ARDE and other associated labs ... F16 or rafales would have never been where they are today without the active work shairinf of there respective air forces with there devlopment agaencies

salaam sirji there is a diffrence in using funds and spulrging we need to draw that line and make airforce work on indian platforms and make them better heck M2K or even su30s came without cannon or missiles and had many problems from day one but these air force foreign mall lobby want tejas to be pocket monster from day one without giving and working activelly with HAL/ARDE and other associated labs ... F16 or rafales would have never been where they are today without the active work shairinf of there respective air forces with there devlopment agaencies

Dude.. yes you're right but Lca Mk2 isn't medium category and will not have the same capability of Rafale (not even near) Tejas was design to be a interceptor/point defense... Even the CAG reports found 10s of problems with LCA.. and MK2 is not going to come anytime befor 2024, untill then we can't wait and let our airforce shrink.

Yes we need to learn to be self reliance but that doesn't mean we should go crack.. India is facing a twin threat we can't put a quantity on table so better get quality on the table. and hell ya it costs high...

Dude.. yes you're right but Lca Mk2 isn't medium category and will not have the same capability of Rafale (not even near) Tejas was design to be a interceptor/point defense... Even the CAG reports found 10s of problems with LCA.. and MK2 is not going to come anytime befor 2024, untill then we can't wait and let our airforce shrink.

Yes we need to learn to be self reliance but that doesn't mean we should go crack.. India is facing a twin threat we can't put a quantity on table so better get quality on the table. and hell ya it costs high...
my logic ays when china can put a fighter in serial production in just 6 years from its first flight why cant we since 2009 im hearing MK2 design is ready and still no prototype whose fault is this ?

any way MK in 2024 is a waste better to work on war footing on MK1A and make it happen heck add a couple of 600 galon CFTs on it and minor tweaks in its air breathing and cutting down the acsess over engineared wieghts and components and make it more simple with a better engine and AESA based radar, EW & ECM suits and things like IFR and iff possible an internal IRST and with new gen israeli and american long range stand off range air to air and air to ground munations it can get the job done as most of the targets we face are well within 150-350 KM range from our border and beyond that use LRCMs , LRBMs and ACMLs

my logic ays when china can put a fighter in serial production in just 6 years from its first flight why cant we since 2009 im hearing MK2 design is ready and still no prototype whose fault is this ?

with whoever building them... of course with many of the jets fro IAF is due to retire and if you push some low end fighters to them that still has lots of flow they're only going to spit on the face..

Yes there was lots of pressure from IAF on LCA but what really happened after.. it only came out with lots of flow.. with only one been deliveredd to IAF that with broken landing gear, how do someone expect to back their entire fleet with made in India Jets????? its been a year since the first jet arrived to IAF base and then there's not a single one delivered.

This saga of immense length is getting extremely boring。

Our Indian friends should refrain from posting any “news”about the Rafale deal till it is a done deal。
Well its very hard to change a habit my friend. We are reading such threads since years and every time it turns out that its still not done. I wish Pakistan should use its influence in Arab countries to either sabotage this deal or at least make it difficult for Indians.

any way MK in 2024 is a waste better to work on war footing on MK1A and make it happen heck add a couple of 600 galon CFTs on it and minor tweaks in its air breathing and cutting down the acsess over engineared wieghts and components and make it more simple with a better engine and AESA based radar, EW & ECM suits and things like IFR and iff possible an internal IRST and with new gen israeli and american long range stand off range air to air and air to ground munations it can get the job done as most of the targets we face are well within 150-350 KM range from our border and beyond that use LRCMs , LRBMs and ACMLs

atleast let them put mk1A, IAF seems to be ok with it... and would add in numbers to replace the Migs but the idea behind to replace the medium category with LCa and canceling Rafale is what threatening IAF. get the IAF Rafale first then add LCA simultaneously.

atleast let them put mk1A, IAF seems to be ok with it... and would add in numbers to replace the Migs but the idea behind to replace the medium category with LCa and canceling Rafale is what threatening IAF. get the IAF Rafale first then add LCA simultaneously.
the old state owned defnce manufacturing only policy is a nightmare for armed forces and we saw it way to well i say give assembally and part manufacturing of tejas to private parties and research and development to state owned labs and universities with active participation of armed forces in R&D and testing there is no other way

the old state owned defnce manufacturing only policy is a nightmare for armed forces and we saw it way to well i say give assembally and part manufacturing of tejas to private parties and research and development to state owned labs and universities with active participation of armed forces in R&D and testing there is no other way

You're right.... but what now scares me is the manufacturing facilities... where are they going to build tejas in big number while building Rafale ( i believe in future India would order more under Make in India) and Mkis and upgrades ?/

You're right.... but what now scares me is the manufacturing facilities... where are they going to build tejas in big number while building Rafale ( i believe in future India would order more under Make in India) and Mkis and upgrades ?/
there is no other way than taking along private players heck when you can let foriegn private multinationals make billions from our defnce needs whats wrong if indian multinations make money in india and give more jobs for indians and tax to indian government ?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom