What's new

Rafale and JF-17 Thunder to compete in Serbia.

We have been hearing this country that country have shown their interest in jf-17 but nothing comes in reality . lets again start hoping and dreaming something good for JF-17 . :cheers:

India has been busy in MMRCA contest since 2005 and JFT has been on sale for just a year or so.....it will happen, in good time. These things take time, there needs to be a commitment for decades so the decision is not an easy one.

Who knows. It's strange JF-17 & rafale is on the list but no J-10. Even F-16 is there, a similar aircraft to J-10, as said by the Chinese. Very strange indeed.
J-10 is not for export other than us.....:smokin:

JFT has already knocked out Eurofighter and F-16 in various mockup fights.

If the subject country is not blindly anti Pakistan that he would like to give a fair competition.

JFT is low cost.. mainly because its development cost was less and is surely under priced as compare to its specs. & capabilities.
Every airforce magazine is rating it highly and describing it either 'a game changer' or 'next big thing'

1835052.jpg

^^^ i agree completely. Even Indian navy loved it that they decided to post it on the cover of their website. Who would not love this beauty that flies like a butterfly and stings like a bee.

If the subject country is not blindly anti Pakistan that he would like to give a fair competition.

JFT is low cost.. mainly because its development cost was less and is surely under priced as compare to its specs. & capabilities.
Every airforce magazine is rating it highly and describing it either 'a game changer' or 'next big thing'
sorry I missed that information, can you share the source of this news? and what do you mean by mockup fights? actual exercise or a software based fight

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Who needs butterflies and bees in a war.. :)

Give me an eagle any day

so Rafale be the butterfly and JF-17 be the Bee?

hehe

seems like the butterfly got shortlisted for India's MMRCA competition.

sorry I missed that information, can you share the source of this news? and what do you mean by mockup fights? actual exercise or a software based fight

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

so Rafale be the butterfly and JF-17 be the Bee?

hehe

seems like the butterfly got shortlisted for India's MMRCA competition.

Which news you missed the F-16 or Eurofighter?

With mockup, i mean informal exercises... and it was Pakistani F-16 and RAF eurofighters.

Our butterfly grew from its own cocoon while your eagle is imported. The eagle cant do anything once the butterfly lands on the back on its head

Who needs butterflies and bees in a war.. :)

Give me an eagle any day

You can start new thread for yourself...

ANyhow.... Red flag turn out to be a bad publicity for the SU30

I'll be surprised if any airforce still willing to buy it...

Which news you missed the F-16 or Eurofighter?

With mockup, i mean informal exercises... and it was Pakistani F-16 and RAF eurofighters.

I missed both.

so the exercise involved actual planes? I know PAF F-16s have been fielded against the Eurofighers (with PAF fanboys declaring victory over the Farangis) but I didnt know if JF-17s have been involved in any mock-up/ software fight with Eurofighters.
if you have more details please share or just link it if it has been discussed elsewhere.

I do know the F 7 PGs have pissed off the lot of PAF F-16 aces and brought them back to planet Earth but I didn’t know JF-17 flyers have done the same too. not that I am doubting your claim but its always better to backup such information.

1835052.jpg

Very cool pic. If the camera was level to the ground, then it shows the agility and high AoA of JF-17. Hope it continues to improve in performance.

No dear, don't overestimate JFT. Its is good addition in PAF but it is no way in the league of those jets you have mentioned (EUROfighter or latest f-16 variants.) Lets be practical.

I missed both.

so the exercise involved actual planes? I know PAF F-16s have been fielded against the Eurofighers (with PAF fanboys declaring victory over the Farangis) but I didnt know if JF-17s have been involved in any mock-up/ software fight with Eurofighters.
if you have more details please share or just link it if it has been discussed elsewhere.

I do know the F 7 PGs have pissed off the lot of PAF F-16 aces and brought them back to planet Earth but I didn’t know JF-17 flyers have done the same too. not that I am doubting your claim but its always better to backup such information.

RAF Eurofighter Typhoons Pilots ‘Beaten By PAF F-16Viper Pilots | PKKH.tv

My mistake..... it was PAF F-16 against Eurofighter and not JFT.. but as you mentioned JFT have already won exercise fights against F-16 so the out come is predictable.

sarfriz

They have $1.5 billion and need 12-16 planes.

The gripen would fit that easy.

Not every nation is looking for LOW COST options. 16 Gripens today ESP bLOCK NG will mean no MLU needed in 10 years and the fighter will be relevant even in 2040.

SAVES THE HASSLE of constant MLU needed

low RCS full compsites. aesa radars widranging weapons like ANRAAM C7 or meterore RAMJET missles. GRIPEN HAS THE LOT.

very very sophisticated warplane.

Yes but when you are given a budget, you don't necessarily have to spend it all. If Thunder was chosen they would save themselves a lot plus the option to spend on extras.

Back
Top Bottom