What's new

Rafale and JF-17 Thunder to compete in Serbia.

CallsignAlzaeem

Reaction score
French-made Rafale aircraft are likely to fight with the plane made ​​in China, JF-17, to fight over contract Serbian Air Force fleet rejuvenation. State ex-Yugloslavia it has budgeted about 1 billion euros ($ 11.8 billion) to buy about 12 new aircraft.

"Ideally, we would need about 12-16 new aircraft to secure our airspace. One billion euros I think fairly," said an official with the Serbian Defense Ministry told Reuters on Friday (16/12/2011) local time.

In a separate occasion, Serbian Air Force Chief of Staff Brigadier General Ranko Zivak say, the Kemenhan Serbia will invite manufacturers from around the world plane to make an offer next year. Some Serb fighter who ogled among others Sukhoi Su-30 from Russia, the F-16 and F/A-18 from the U.S., Sweden's Gripen, Eurofighter Typhoon from the European consortium, the Rafale from France, and the JF-17 from China.

AU Serbia is currently living with three MiG-29 and about a dozen old MiG-21 aircraft from the Soviet Union era. Most of the ancient Serbian air force because of unkempt damaged after it got from the UN arms embargo-related involvement in the Balkan wars in the era of the 1990s. Some fleet of MiG-29 Serbian also destroyed in NATO bombing campaign in 1999.

According to the magazine Zivak Odbrana defense, fighter procurement plans will enter the final stage, this month. Serbia must decide whether to choose a product developed by NATO or remain faithful to its main ally, Russia and China.

Link :

Rafale dan JF-17 Akan Bertarung di Serbia - KOMPAS.com

^^^ Awesome... Most importantly, Serbian website posted JF-17 picture..........., not Rafale, F-16, F/A 18, Su-30 etc. :D

0954337620X310.jpg

Hi, I posted a long time in JF-17 Thread, Serbian Air Force was looking for the replacement of Mig-21s, notice the new Serbian Government is some what Pro West.

F-16s and SU-30s are the strongest contenders so far both can deliver for the budget allocated except Russians won't deliver in time we know it, Serbians even expressed and evaluating according to news F-18, Gripen, Typhoon, Rafale, Thunders. I read some where JDW mentioned US is not interested in offering F-18 but F-16. Upgrades to BLK 50 (current inventory upgrades) would cost much less and better timely support.

Notice a Squadron of Thunders (If BLK II) would cost around @$24-25M $400M add everything and all the setup would cost some $450M, here the problem is time and production-manufacturing, here comes F-16s already in US Inventory and US can speed up the refurbishment upgrades and can always deliver on time and the budget allocated is by Serbian Air Force is $1.3B that is exactly what 16 F-16s and their associated equipment and setup costs. Can PAF contend US offer-deliver BLK II.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/awx/2011/12/16/awx_12_16_2011_p0-407428.xml&headline=Serb%20Air%20Force%20Seeks%20New%20Fighter%20Jets

Hi, I posted a long time in JF-17 Thread, Serbian Air Force was looking for the replacement of Mig-21s, notice the new Serbian Government is some what Pro West.

F-16s and SU-30s are the strongest contenders so far both can deliver for the budget allocated except Russians won't deliver in time we know it, Serbians even expressed and evaluating according to news F-18, Gripen, Typhoon, Rafale, Thunders. I read some where JDW mentioned US is not interested in offering F-18 but F-16. Upgrades to BLK 50 (current inventory upgrades) would cost much less and better timely support.

Notice a Squadron of Thunders (If BLK II) would cost around @$24-25M $400M add everything and all the setup would cost some $450M, here the problem is time and production-manufacturing, here comes F-16s already in US Inventory and US can speed up the refurbishment upgrades and can always deliver on time and the budget allocated is by Serbian Air Force is $1.3B that is exactly what 16 F-16s and their associated equipment and setup costs. Can PAF contend US offer-deliver BLK II.

Serb Air Force Seeks New Fighter Jets | AVIATION WEEK
I think the best bet for JFT is to offer full multirole version with possible rebuild/overhauling/parts manufacturing. However, as u rightly said, aside from competency a big factor in play would be political alignment.

^ It hovers around $ 20 M for the export version, especially given the fact that SAF will be going for Block II version, and not the basic one...

^ It hovers around $ 20 M for the export version, especially given the fact that SAF will be going for Block II version, and not the basic one...

Even at the rate of 20 million they can buy 65 which is much more than they are thinking 12-16.

Brother, 1 billion euros is equal to 1.30 billion USD not 11.8 billion dollars.

1 Thunder costs 13 million dollars and in 1.30 billion dollars you can buy 100 jf-17s.

I will prefer you jf-17 thunder.

Sir, I think 13 to 15 Million USD is the cost of production for PAF. You should never sell your product at cost because you also have to cover the General, Administrative and Selling Expenses Plus Profit. That means JFT should be sold at 20 to 25 Million USD a piece, depending upon whether it is Block 1 or 2.
Do you think all other manufacturers sell their product at cost ?

No way Serbia can buy Rafale,they will surly go for jf 17 fighter.

Unit Cost
Rafale C: US$82.3 million
Rafale M: US$90.5 million

Block 1: US$15–20 million
Block 2: US$20–25 million

Question is can Serbia afford Rafale?No.
JF 17 is a winner.

There GDP is $84.225 billion,and there budget is $1.5 billion.
Useless completion...

No way Serbia can buy Rafale,they will surly go for jf 17 fighter.

Unit Cost
Rafale C: US$82.3 million
Rafale M: US$90.5 million

Block 1: US$15–20 million
Block 2: US$20–25 million

Question is can Serbia afford Rafale?No.
JF 17 is a winner.

There GDP is $84.225 billion,and there budget is euro $1.1 billion.
Useless completion...
but they can afford
f-18, f-16, su 30etc

Sir, I think 13 to 15 Million USD is the cost of production for PAF.You never sell your product at cost because you also have to cover the General, Administrative and Selling Expenses Plus Profit. That means JFT should be sold at 20 to 25 Million USD a piece, depending upon whether it is Block 1 or 2. Do you think all other manufacturers sell their product at cost ?

Post # 10.

Back
Top Bottom