What's new

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

Exactly. They just keep saying the same things over and over and over again. We answer them and they continue.

I have said atleast 50 times no one can say these attacks are racist because the police investigation is not over yet. But still Indians keep saying they are racist.

Let me say it one last time.

You can not say these attacks are racist until the police investigation has ended and they have evidence that they are racially motivated.

After seeing the behavior and logic of the Indians in this thread, i can see why Pakistanis don't like Indians.

I won't scream as I don't have to. Here's what police said today, from a 'real' australian souce

Australian police admit knowing of racist attacks

The police chief of Australia's south-eastern state of Victoria, Simon Overland, says racism is a factor in some of the attacks on Indian students.

The comments come in the wake of the stabbing death of Indian graduate Nitin Garg in Melbourne's west, and the latest incident in which an Indian taxi driver was assaulted by a passenger in a suburb last weekend.

Police Chief Commissioner Overland says his officers have been working on the problem since long before it caught the public's attention.

He says a comprehensive police study of the violence shows about 50 per cent of attacks have been carried out on Indians working in the taxi industry and convenience stores, and that Indians were overrepresented when it came to robberies, but not assaults.

"Some of these attacks are racist, clearly, but not all of them," he said.

Mr Overland says police continue to work with Indian students on how to keep safe, and stronger enforcement had lead to a seven per cent fall in robberies with some offenders going before the courts.

Meanwhile, a former Australian defence force chief says that racial tensions over violence towards Indian students will only be resolved when their attackers are brought to justice.

Retired General Peter Cosgrove made the statement during the annual Australia Day Address in Sydney on Tuesday.

He says Australia can not afford to be complacent about racism.

"The vast majority of Australians, totally rejecting such despicable behaviour, will welcome the apprehension of those who are preying on these visitors and their rigorous prosecution," he said.

"Only that outcome will satisfy our determination to be and be known as a just and equitable society."

New attack will harm ties

The Indian government has condemned the latest attack on an Indian taxi driver in Melbourne over the weekend.

India's external affairs minister, SM Krishna, says the latest attack is unfortunate and will affect bilateral ties with Australia.

The Indian government has asked its High Commission in Canberra to provide a detailed report on the attack, during which the driver was punched in the head.

Indian ministers have made repeated requests to their Australian counterparts to take action to stop violence against Indians in Australia.

The series of attacks has generated public anger and widespread media coverage in India, where Australian officials have been accused of failing to deal with the problem.

Comment- Let me guide you on your next post - you can choose

1) maybe the police chief is indian, a RAW agent or mossad!

2) what police chief said does not represent the police chief

:lol::lol::lol: :toast_sign::toast_sign::toast_sign:

Losing an on-line debate....

You do not even realize what you are debating against and are surely losing it,

you fool, I think you need to read the previous pages as myself and xdrive have posted, reposted and reposted over and over again the reasoning and answers to most your pathetic points.

Go back and read through them and then come back to us. You are just repeating the same points over and over and again they are answered and along comes another Indian hero, and starts the same debate on the same issues again.
All froth and no beer. With your IQ i hope you are able to count to 21 without pulling down your pants. First summarize what is being alleged and then get into your bad-*** online warrior avatar.

xdrive, my man, thanks for the support here and these bigots are just acting like a typical Indian, just plain stupid.
Yup, so there. pop goes your personna of being non-racist. You yourself have a prejudiced image of a "Typical Indian". Dimwit Racist !!

Exactly. They just keep saying the same things over and over and over again. We answer them and they continue.

I have said atleast 50 times no one can say these attacks are racist because the police investigation is not over yet. But still Indians keep saying they are racist.

Let me say it one last time.

You can not say these attacks are racist until the police investigation has ended and they have evidence that they are racially motivated.

After seeing the behavior and logic of the Indians in this thread, i can see why Pakistanis don't like Indians.

Dude, I understand your frustration with people jumping to conclusion about these attacks. I have myself been to Australia and I haven't met friendlier bunch of people. And mind you I went during the "Monkeygate" tiff between Symonds and Harbhajan. I didnt face anything untoward.

However, it seems like Indians are overrepresented in crimes. General Cosgrove has himself admitted to trends corresponding to that. Although it would be too early to call it racism, I would say they are rather opportunistic. But nevertheless, measures should be taken to stop them. Once they knew that crimes against Indian students were on the rise, steps should have been taken by Oz police to stem the tide. Things wouldn't have been so bad (without absolving the Indian media's role) now if steps would have been taken earlier.

And now this:
Police knew about racist Indian attacks

Victoria's Chief Police Commissioner, Simon Overland, has revealed police have known for more than two years that crime against Indians was a real issue and some attacks were racially motivated.

Read the rest of details there itself. Now prepare to eat some word vomit.

And now this:
Police knew about racist Indian attacks

Victoria's Chief Police Commissioner, Simon Overland, has revealed police have known for more than two years that crime against Indians was a real issue and some attacks were racially motivated.

Read the rest of details there itself. Now prepare to eat some word vomit.

No one in this thread has said "all the attacks on Indians are not racist"

Some have proven to be. My main arguement is that You along with the racist Indian media are saying ALL attacks on Indians are racist attacks.

That's my argument that they are not.

Also You and the racist Indian media claim that the Indian man stabbed to death was a racist attack.

This is also what i am arguing about. How can you say it is a racist attack when the police are still investigating? You can't, yet you yourself and other Indians and the Indian media continue to say it is a racist attack.

I have no problem saying an attack was racist, IF IT WAS RACIST. I have stated numerous times that some of these attacks have been racist attacks, but i have 100% shot down your claims that ALL attacks awere racist.

Go back to the second page of this thread, this is the earliest place you can see me saying that some of the attacks were racist attacks.

So don't act like i'm denying the whole thing.

After saying these things over and over, you still continue to say in your posts ALL the attacks on indians are race based and the Indian man stabbed to death was a racist attack, even though the investigation is still underway and nothing has been proved.

Once again i am finding myself repeating myself because you keep ignoring what i write and just keep posting your crap.

@xdrive and all Indian members-

I think its easy to find a common ground here. We would all agree that not all the attacks on Indians have been racist. Some have been just plain opportunistic robbing and mugging like in any other country.

And all of us would also expect the Aussie govt. and the students themselves to take steps and avoid future occurrences.

No one in this thread has said "all the attacks on Indians are not racist"

Some have proven to be. My main arguement is that You along with the racist Indian media are saying ALL attacks on Indians are racist attacks.

That's my argument that they are not.

Also You and the racist Indian media claim that the Indian man stabbed to death was a racist attack.

This is also what i am arguing about. How can you say it is a racist attack when the police are still investigating? You can't, yet you yourself and other Indians and the Indian media continue to say it is a racist attack.

I have no problem saying an attack was racist, IF IT WAS RACIST. I have stated numerous times that some of these attacks have been racist attacks, but i have 100% shot down your claims that ALL attacks awere racist.

Go back to the second page of this thread, this is the earliest place you can see me saying that some of the attacks were racist attacks.

So don't act like i'm denying the whole thing.

After saying these things over and over, you still continue to say in your posts ALL the attacks on indians are race based and the Indian man stabbed to death was a racist attack, even though the investigation is still underway and nothing has been proved.

Once again i am finding myself repeating myself because you keep ignoring what i write and just keep posting your crap.

If you would have spoken in similar manner prior to these statements, there would not have been any major response from Indain side. Now is the first time that Australian Media, Police and members on this forum are speaking that yes.. some are racial.

You argument of Indians claiming all attacks being racial is nothing but a prime example of strawman.

Read back my post and that of most other Indians (Fateh, Nemesis etc), they all wanted this response only, Investigatin of explicitly racial angle. Quote even one of their posts saying all the attaks were racst....

Indian Media - Again post when they said All attacks are racial?? Infact this is the time when you should realze the the cartoon was not entirely out of place, since police was aware of these happenings for last 2 years and still kept quiet.

This is the language in which civil discussion can take place. If you completely deny (which you did and so did Australian Media), there are a billion who have their ways of making it heard.

Now next step should be - discussion on ways to curb these activities.

@xdrive and all Indian members-

I think its easy to find a common ground here. We would all agree that not all the attacks on Indians have been racist. Some have been just plain opportunistic robbing and mugging like in any other country.

And all of us would also expect the Aussie govt. and the students themselves to take steps and avoid future occurrences.

This is not the common ground, but the only stance taken by majority of Indians. In an attempt to appear libral, you forgot to mention the most important line. SOME ATTACKS ARE RACIAL AS WELL and should be INVESTIGATED ACCORDINGLY.

And please dont try to be the white dove, not required here.

If you would have spoken in similar manner prior to these statements, there would not have been any major response from Indain side. Now is the first time that Australian Media, Police and members on this forum are speaking that yes.. some are racial.

You argument of Indians claiming all attacks being racial is nothing but a prime example of strawman.

Read back my post and that of most other Indians (Fateh, Nemesis etc), they all wanted this response only, Investigatin of explicitly racial angle. Quote even one of their posts saying all the attaks were racst....

Indian Media - Again post when they said All attacks are racial?? Infact this is the time when you should realze the the cartoon was not entirely out of place, since police was aware of these happenings for last 2 years and still kept quiet.

This is the language in which civil discussion can take place. If you completely deny (which you did and so did Australian Media), there are a billion who have their ways of making it heard.

Now next step should be - discussion on ways to curb these activities.

There has been numerous replies to this thread by Indian members saying all the attacks are racist. The Indian media reports every attack on an Indian as a racist attack

This is not the common ground, but the only stance taken by majority of Indians. In an attempt to appear libral, you forgot to mention the most important line. SOME ATTACKS ARE RACIAL AS WELL and should be INVESTIGATED ACCORDINGLY.

What part of "some attacks are not racist" do you dont understand. It means that some are racist while some aren't. On the basis of that it would be wrong to qualify all attacks are racist.

And please dont try to be the white dove, not required here.

Dont tell me what to do and not to do. I dont want to indulge in a war of words with a fellow countryman, so mind your own business.

There has been numerous replies to this thread by Indian members saying all the attacks are racist. The Indian media reports every attack on an Indian as a racist attack

Quote a few here please!!

The facts remain that Indians are two and a half times more likely to get assaulted rather than non Indians in Victoria. Obviously there is a racial element to some of the assaults.

Since the Australians are getting around to admit this, perhaps it would be best to debate solutions to stop these attacks.

To Gazzi - yes you posted the names of a few Australians who died in India. Well done! you can use google search. Buy candy for yourself. Then go around to prove that those attacks were actually murder and were racially motivated.

PS - Graham Staines and his childrens death was horrible. The people responsible were punished. The perpetrator was awarded a death sentence.

The facts remain that Indians are two and a half times more likely to get assaulted rather than non Indians in Victoria. Obviously there is a racial element to some of the assaults.

Since the Australians are getting around to admit this, perhaps it would be best to debate solutions to stop these attacks.

To Gazzi - yes you posted the names of a few Australians who died in India. Well done! you can use google search. Buy candy for yourself. Then go around to prove that those attacks were actually murder and were racially motivated.

PS - Graham Staines and his childrens death was horrible. The people responsible were punished. The perpetrator was awarded a death sentence.

Nemesis, you and skeptic have both joined this thread, not read the previous posts and assume you are talking logic and about the topic whilst everyone else is talking rubbish and then insult us by calling us racists.

Some stupidity, new levels to me this is.

Please read the previous posts about this then come and talk to us about racial attacks. Until the Police conclude their investigations these attacks cannot be called racist. This is not India, where you can call it almost anything you like. Here, you need evidence, so please nemesis and skeptic, provide us with proof of it.

Yes, as a citizen living in the West, I will say and admit racial attacks are carried out, but guess what, I don;t go to those areas wehere these sort of nationalist minded people live or hang around, do you know why, becuase they will kick the **** out of me for being brown skinned, or rather non-white.

Something the Indian students need to understand, there are always going to be areas which are no go zones, like it or not.......however, not all attacks are racial as most are clearly opportunists and a soft target where one can make a quick dollar with no repurcussions.

Meet with locsal communities in local meetings where the Councils and Police are in attendance and discuss these issues where the Indians will need to portray their needs, concerns and expectations.

Something the Indian students need to understand, there are always going to be areas which are no go zones, like it or not.......however, not all attacks are racial as most are clearly opportunists and a soft target where one can make a quick dollar with no repurcussions.

Exactly the point that I was trying to explain to my fellow countryman earlier.

Back
Top Bottom