What's new

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

Australian police investigating new assaults on Indians

SYDNEY: Australian police were Friday investigating two new assaults against Indians, but again denied that the violence in the north-eastern state of Queensland was racially motivated.

A 25-year-old man was punched in the head and robbed of his wallet at a phone booth in Brisbane on Thursday night and, in a separate incident early Friday, a taxi driver was hit in the face during an argument with passengers.

He was taken to hospital with facial cuts.

New Delhi warned this week that the attacks on Indians could damage bilateral relations, after a spate of incidents in the southern state of Victoria, including the stabbing murder of a young Punjab man.

“There’s no doubt this has been an issue in the international arena,” Queensland Treasurer Andrew Fraser said.

“That’s why we want to emphasise... that this is a welcoming, tolerant society,” he added.

“No one endorses any violence against any individual.”

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh said “all of the available police resources necessary will be investigating these attacks, as they would any attack against anybody in Queensland.

“Obviously these attacks have just happened and it’s yet to be seen what motivated them,” she said.

But acting police commissioner Kathy Ryders said there was no evidence to suggest the assaults were targeting Indians.

“We are certainly not anticipating further attacks on Indians that would be of a copycat nature,” she said.

The incidents come as Indians in the Victorian capital Melbourne prepared to hold a Sunday church service in one of the city’s largest cathedrals to pray for peace and protection.

“Our hearts go out to the young Indians who have suffered in this country,” said Melbourne’s Anglican Archbishop Philip Freier.

“We well understand the anxiety of their families in India after recent events.”Spokesman for Indian students Gautam Gupta said the service was a way to reject violence and racism.

“Despite recent mindless acts of violence we all also give thanks for Australia, for its opportunities, for its welcome to people from other countries and for its values of equality, friendship and celebration of difference,” Gupta said.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd on Thursday urged India to keep the “regrettable” violence in perspective, saying it was not isolated to Indian nationals and should be viewed in the context of “broader incidences of violence”. —AFP
-----
:tup:

Shut up man :angry::frown:

why, we seem to be going round in circles. I can pick up hundreds of these sorts of news reports from India. So there really isn't any point in highlighting an attack on an Indian as if it is any different then an attck on any other citizen in Australia, hence :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

why, we seem to be going round in circles. I can pick up hundreds of these sorts of news reports from India. So there really isn't any point in highlighting an attack on an Indian as if it is any different then an attck on any other citizen in Australia, hence :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

You dont feel the same way when a Muslim is illegally detained for no reason whatsoever and tortured for being Muslim do you?

Well they feel bad when an Indian is beat up and killed for being Indian. So just SHH.

You dont feel the same way when a Muslim is illegally detained for no reason whatsoever and tortured for being Muslim do you?

Well they feel bad when an Indian is beat up and killed for being Indian. So just SHH.

No Indian in Australia has been beat up and killed for being Indian.

And Indian has been killed yes, but the police are still investigating and until the police determine that he was "killed for being Indian" You shouldn't walk around claiming Indians are being killed for being Indian"

This is what we have been talking about for the last 10 pages in this thread. Everyone just keeps going around in circles, it's extremely annoying, as Gazzi said.

it's good to have street smarts and not MAKE yourself a target......

Care to check the source of the article i have posted..its a Pakistani source not Indian...

Read & then :blah::blah::blah:

No one in this thread has said "all the attacks on Indians are not racist"

Some have proven to be.

I have no problem saying an attack was racist, IF IT WAS RACIST. I have stated numerous times that some of these attacks have been racist attacks,

So don't act like i'm denying the whole thing.
And then you have the balls to come up with this...

No Indian in Australia has been beat up and killed for being Indian.

And Indian has been killed yes, but the police are still investigating and until the police determine that he was "killed for being Indian" You shouldn't walk around claiming Indians are being killed for being Indian"

This is what we have been talking about for the last 10 pages in this thread. Everyone just keeps going around in circles, it's extremely annoying, as Gazzi said.

Now who is going around in circles and back and forth on argument. You can not have it both ways. Once when a report of Police commissioner admiting that some attacks have been racist and the issue has been there for last 2 years, you simply say - THIS IS WHAT I SAID.

And just 3 days later you are back to usual rheotic : NO INDIAN IS ATTACKED FOR BEING INDIAN, even underlining the NO.

Your argument seriously stink of bias and you retract your comments faster than politicians. Take some time and think about which argument to put forward. This is not only annoying but seriously STUPID.

And just 3 days later you are back to usual rheotic : NO INDIAN IS ATTACKED FOR BEING INDIAN, even underlining the NO.

That's not what i bloody said. Learn to read English, because what you just posted then shows you cannot read English properly, and cannot understand English properly.

What i said is "No Indian in Australia has been beat up and killed for being Indian."

NO Indian has been beat up and killed FOR being Indian in Australia.

That is a true statement.

I'll even change the "and" maybe you will understand then.

NO Indian has been beat up then killed FOR being Indian in Australia.

The incident where an Indian man died from being stabbed has not been proven to be based on his race. So therefore my statement is true.

Do you understand now?

Last edited:
That's not what i bloody said. Learn to read English.

What i said is "No Indian in Australia has been beat up and killed for being Indian."

NO Indian has been beat up and killed FOR being Indian in Australia.

That is a true statement.

The incident where an Indian man died from being stabbed has not been proven to be based on his race. So therefore my statement is true.

You fail at reading.

If the investigation is not complete it does point the other way either - That he was NOT killed for being an Indian.

You fail at Comprehending. If the case is still open and criminals not caught, how can you assert that it was non Racist. Again I am not saying it was definitely racist, but in the same breath - you can not say they were not racist. Goes both ways you see.

If the investigation is not complete it does point the other way either - That he was NOT killed for being an Indian.

I know this and i understand this very much. It's you and the Indian media who do not understand this.

For the last 20 pages all you Indians have been saying "IT'S RACIST ITS RACIST" the Indian Media has been saying it too.

All i am saying is that he was not killed for being an indian. Until it is proven that it was a racist attack, the attack remains just another vile attack on a person.

You and other members also the Indian media have been saying the attack was racist even before the police investigation has finished. THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR THE LAST 10 PAGES.

Untill it is proven it was racist, it is just another crime commited.

All i am saying is that he was not killed for being an indian.
How can you say if investigation is not complete.

If, as the commissioner has revealed that racial attacks have been happening for last 2 years, this also is in the same series.

If you are accusing me and indian (You never managed to pull in a quote from any Indian member saying ALLl attacks were racist) and Indian media for crying racist - It was only because of this attitude of yours. you keep on saying IT IS NOT RACIAL, we will scream it CAN be racial, as the investigation is a) not complete or b) misdirected (Since racial angle is not covered).

Anyways through with you here. Your comments are not worth my time.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

RIP to the past and future dead indians, my sincere condolences.

Who and where do these Goraas think they are......Gujraat India... Oooh the irony.

again my sincere condolences :cry:

'S NOT A RACIAL ATTACK BECAUSE THE MOTIVE OF THE ATTACK HASN'T BEEN DETRMINED AS RACIAL AND THE POLICE ARE STILL INVESTIGATING.

Are you drunk or something? Please don't use capitals in you post.

If the motive of the attack has not been determined, explain how you can say it was not a racial attack?

Back
Top Bottom