What's new

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

Lol. You fail at reading.

Look at my last post. He claims it's our third largest industry, it's not. It's our third largest export.

See you and him have no clue what goes on in Australia but just act like you know everything. You have failed miserably.

An Indian man is in a serious condition in a Melbourne hospital after being attacked and set alight by a gang.
It comes a week after an Indian graduate student was stabbed to death in the city.
Melbourne police said the latest attack appeared to be random and there was no evidence it was racially motivated.

BBC Interactive Services.

An Indian man is in a serious condition in a Melbourne hospital after being attacked and set alight by a gang.
It comes a week after an Indian graduate student was stabbed to death in the city.
Melbourne police said the latest attack appeared to be random and there was no evidence it was racially motivated.

BBC Interactive Services.

Yes it has been posted 3 times already, a further 4th is not required.

What Gazzi mentioned was just the thing u want to hear..only an australian perspective...nothing else...being a pakistani himself I can understand why he chose to do so...he may not understand if its Indian today, its a pakistani/chinese tomorrow.....

As far as U not replying, its ur call ...if u don't want to..u don't have too...since neither u/me can change the facts....so no worries..

Hope all Australians are not the same....
:cheers:

I am talking from experience and having dealt with alledged racist attacks. Whether I am of Pakistani origin or not, I dont care, facts be spoken and this is weighed in evidence.

The Indian students need to sit down within a community meeting and say their peace in a diplomatic manner, not with violent protests. That achieves nothing when you cause alarm harrassment and distress to the entire community by these actions as soft hearts and sympathetic people start to falter and doubt the Indian claims.

You cannot be the judge and jury, the Police will hold its investigation, and to not impede to compromise it, nothing will be disclosed unless to progress the investigation.

INDIANS ON THIS FORUM, PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT POLICE INVESTIGTAIONS IN THE WEST ARE NOT THE SAME AS THOSE IN INDIA.

They don;t use torture to get confessions, but evidence is presented to the suspect, and if it passes the threshold then a charge is made and a trial held.

The trial is held in COURT, NOT IN THE INDIAN MEDIA.

So stop crying racism, when you weren;t there and dont know what had happenned and how he got killed. Hell, he could have been a child molester and a peado and got what was coming. Point is, no one at this stage knows. So lets wait and see huh

I am talking from experience and having dealt with alledged racist attacks. Whether I am of Pakistani origin or not, I dont care, facts be spoken and this is weighed in evidence.

The Indian students need to sit down within a community meeting and say their peace in a diplomatic manner, not with violent protests. That achieves nothing when you cause alarm harrassment and distress to the entire community by these actions as soft hearts and sympathetic people start to falter and doubt the Indian claims.

You cannot be the judge and jury, the Police will hold its investigation, and to not impede to compromise it, nothing will be disclosed unless to progress the investigation.

INDIANS ON THIS FORUM, PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT POLICE INVESTIGTAIONS IN THE WEST ARE NOT THE SAME AS THOSE IN INDIA.

They don;t use torture to get confessions, but evidence is presented to the suspect, and if it passes the threshold then a charge is made and a trial held.

The trial is held in COURT, NOT IN THE INDIAN MEDIA.

So stop crying racism, when you weren;t there and dont know what had happenned and how he got killed. Hell, he could have been a child molester and a peado and got what was coming. Point is, no one at this stage knows. So lets wait and see huh

There is no point explaining it to these two, they are not even in Australia. They have no clue about Australia, they are just armchair experts who think they really are experts andk now everything.

Detective Neil Smyth: "I believe there's no reason at this stage to consider this in any way racially motivated."

It comes a week after an Indian graduate student was stabbed to death in the city, prompting a travel advisory from the Indian government.

But the attacks have prompted an angry reaction in India, where Australia has been accused of ignoring racism.

The 29-year-old man attacked on Saturday was returning home from a dinner party with his wife when he was set upon.

The gang - said by police to comprise four men - poured fluid over him and then set him alight.

The victim is now in a Melbourne hospital, where his condition has been described as serious, with burns to 15% of his body.

Police are trying to trace his burnt clothes, which he shed as he fled the scene.

Det Sgt Neil Smyth said the attack had been "an unusual event" but that it appeared to have been carried out at random.

"There is no reason at this stage to consider this in any way racially motivated," he told reporters.

"The circumstances of parking a car randomly on a side street and just some people approaching him are a bit strange and it's highly unlikely, therefore, to be a targeted attack on any individual."

Peter Batchelor, a minister for Victoria, said that whether the crime was motivated by racism or theft, it was damaging to Melbourne society.

"It diminishes our community, it diminishes us all and we're totally opposed to it," ABC news quoted him as saying.

300dae802fcfaf892506881f2ff73191.jpg

Australia's Indian community has said racism is on the rise

'Dodging issue'

Australia's Deputy Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, said the government "condemns all acts of violence in the strongest possible way" and that the matter was being investigated.

But the BBC's Nick Bryant in Sydney says the latest attack is bound to increase the sense of outrage in India, following the murder last weekend of Indian graduate student Nitin Garg.

That came after a spate of attacks against Indian students last year, which deterred many from studying in Australia.

The Indian government earlier this week issued an advisory warning about the dangers of travelling to Melbourne, Australia's second largest city.

Gautam Gupta, from the Federation of Indian Students of Australia, told ABC News he was "extremely disturbed" by the attacks and had asked Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's office to intervene.

"How many times are they going to just dodge this issue?" he said.

The Australian government has criticised an Indian newspaper for printing a cartoon which depicted Australia's police force as racist.

The cartoon shows a person wearing the white robes of the Ku Klux Klan and an Australian police badge, saying: "We are yet to ascertain the nature of the crime."

Ms Gillard said the cartoon implied police were not trying hard enough to solve the crimes.

"Any suggestion of that kind is deeply, deeply offensive to the police officers involved and I would absolutely condemn the making of a comment like that," she told reporters on Friday.

The Indian community in Melbourne has said it believes racist attacks are on the rise in the city.

Source: BBC News - Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne

Wow another Indian was gang attacked and set fire by some KKK australian clan

No offence to other normal Australians but sees like there is a underground movement like KKK in Australia that has to be cracked by law officials

Wow another Indian was gang attacked and set fire by some KKK australian clan

No offence to other normal Australians but sees like there is a underground movement like KKK in Australia that has to be cracked by law officials

What? Wrong. I don't know who you heard that crap off. There is no kkk in Australia, there is no "clan" or "gang." The police are still investigating what happened, so if you hear any crap like this being said you know it's not true.

So, do you condone or condemn the attack? :what:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Of course i condemn the attack. Why the hell would i condone someone getting set on fire?

What a very very stupid question to ask.

What? Wrong. I don't know who you heard that crap off. There is no kkk in Australia, there is no "clan" or "gang." The police are still investigating what happened, so if you hear any crap like this being said you know it's not true.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Of course i condemn the attack. Why the hell would i condone someone getting set on fire?

What a very very stupid question to ask.

I think it seems to be a social issue that is evolving rapidly - I am sure Australian Authorities will check it out becasue otherwise its becoming quite astonishing I only remember australia for 3 things

a) Skippy
b) Steve- O Aligator trainer
c) Of course the pain in arse Ausie cirket team

This whole beating up indians and group mugging is similar in style to killing of African students in Russia search on youtube - the attack pattern are similar to Australian ones and it could be a similar internal Youth Movemet or gangs who target people and attack em on certain times of day -

The brutality and style of crime is same as ones in Russian gangs I just found out about it on youtube ...

Back
Top Bottom