What's new

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

While this is an unfortunate situation but indians trying to paint a racist color over Australia is not going to help their case. All arrogance has its limit.

I think it seems to be a social issue that is evolving rapidly - I am sure Australian Authorities will check it out becasue otherwise its becoming quite astonishing I only remember australia for 3 things

a) Skippy
b) Steve- O Aligator trainer
c) Of course the pain in arse Ausie cirket team

This whole beating up indians and group mugging is similar in style to killing of African students in Russia search on youtube - the attack pattern are similar to Australian ones and it could be a similar internal Youth Movemet or gangs who target people and attack em on certain times of day -

The brutality and style of crime is same as ones in Russian gangs I just found out about it on youtube ...

Oh my god. Have you even read a single ******* word i have said?

THERE IS NO "GANG" GOING AROUND.

Edit: I am sorry, but people are starting to frustrate me.

lol i was just watching 7 news in melbourne. Apparently the guy who was set on fire has told the police that 4 people approached him from behind, held him then sprayed fluid on him and inside his car. But when the police investigated they found no fluid inside the car or outside of it. They only found fluid on the man.

Also no neighbours heard any screaming or anyone running away. Numerous people were out in there backyards and only heard the explosion.
They also find is very usual that the man parked around the corner from his house when he could of parked infront of his house. They also find it usual that 4 people would be walking around the streets with lighter fluid just to burn someone.

This may be a hoax, and this is not the first time an indian man has claimed he was attacked but later confessed to lying.

I will post a link to the story as soon as it gets uploaded onto the internet.

What? Wrong. I don't know who you heard that crap off. There is no kkk in Australia, there is no "clan" or "gang." The police are still investigating what happened, so if you hear any crap like this being said you know it's not true.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Of course i condemn the attack. Why the hell would i condone someone getting set on fire?

What a very very stupid question to ask.

Well, I've been reading some of your denial comments in this thread that made me ask that question. Anyhow, the Indian government has also confirmed that the attack had no racial intent. Why should I be getting worried, right?

Well, I've been reading some of your denial comments in this thread that made me ask that question. Anyhow, the Indian government has also confirmed that the attack had no racial intent. Why should I be getting worried, right?

I have never denied such attacks have happened. What i have denied is the fact that all of these attacks are racist.

I congratulate the Indian government on finally telling the Indian media to stop jumping to conclusions and stop hyping attacks up to high,

I have never denied such attacks have happened. What i have denied is the fact that all of these attacks are racist.

I congratulate the Indian government on finally telling the Indian media to stop jumping to conclusions and stop hyping attacks up to high,

Well, some may differ. Anyhow, lets just leave it to that.

I am talking from experience and having dealt with alledged racist attacks. Whether I am of Pakistani origin or not, I dont care, facts be spoken and this is weighed in evidence.
Ok fair enough, believe u are not partial..

The Indian students need to sit down within a community meeting and say their peace in a diplomatic manner, not with violent protests. That achieves nothing when you cause alarm harrassment and distress to the entire community by these actions as soft hearts and sympathetic people start to falter and doubt the Indian claims.
I went through this link and hopefully it isn't a biased one...
Link:
2009 attacks on Indian students in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Protests
Melbourne

On 30 April, 2008, the intersection of Flinders Street and Swanston Street was blocked for hours by Indian protesters, demanding better attitude from police in dealing with criminals who attack them. They also demanded pre-paid fares in Taxis 24x7. [4]

On 31 May, Over 4000 Indian Students staged a protest opposite Federation Square in Melbourne, saying the attacks were motivated out of racism and were not being sufficiently addressed by the Australian Government.[21] There were allegations that police were "punching" and "using pressure point tactics" while dragging protesters away, and that they hit a protester's leg with a baton, stomped on another student's chest, and broke another's thumb. Police alleged that an officer's hand was bitten.[22] A sitting protester was knocked unconscious by repeated punches to the head by a policeman. The Victorian Police said their actions were justified saying several non-Indians had joined the protests and had hijacked the demonstration and used violence to pursue a separate agenda.[23] One report said "Along with more police protection, the students also want a multicultural police section, and on-site accommodation for Indian students at all universities and colleges".[24] 18 protesters were arrested.
Sydney

On 7 June, there was a rally in the Sydney CBD attended by hundreds of Indians and supporters. The rally started at Sydney Town Hall and marched to Hyde Park. Some attending the rally specifically mentioned Harris Park as an area of Sydney where Indians were frequently assaulted, and called on police to do more to make that suburb safe.[25]

On 8 June, 300 Indian students staged a protest in Harris Park late into the evening in response to an alleged assault, claiming they were considered "soft targets".[26] Some Indian protestors were reported to be carrying hockey sticks and baseball bats. According to police, the protest was sparked by an attack on Indians earlier in the evening allegedly by Lebanese men.[27] In retaliation the protesters attacked three uninvolved Lebanese men, who sustained minor injuries.[28] This was believed to be the first violent reaction by Indian students against attacks on them.[13] A police dog squad was called in to control the crowd.[28]

On 9 June, 70 men protested again in Harris Park, blocking a street and claiming that they have been victim of attacks by Lebanese youths. Two men were arrested. The group dispersed around midnight.[29]

On 10 June, 70 Indian students gathered again in Harris Park, saying they were being attacked by Lebanese youths and being ignored by the police.[30] Indian community leaders called for an end to the protests, with Dr Yadu Singh saying: "One thing is clear - the rallies have served their purpose and we don't want any more rallies in Harris Park, that is the community's view.

Now, the link mentions that the first protest was held as back as 30 April, 2008, so being fair to police, do u mean to say, a year and more is not enough time for looking/investigating concerns raised by students??

If the police can attack protesters and knock one unconscious & then justify the same with no further action against them,do I have to understand if that was just a friendly gesture!!

The retaliation if u read further did come in June, the only reason being their concerns being neglected...

I do believe these incidents and the Indian response may have infuriated many Australians but the question is what do the student do if there are around 140 cases(all may not be racist but guess majority are) and hardly any action being taken...
when they protest they are hit like criminals...whos listening???
Even the Indian govt. as far as I remember initially tried to be ignorant...... so if ur own govt. doesn't listen, can we expect from a foreign govt to sit down within a community meeting and say their peace in a diplomatic manner?
And if the media(may be for TRP's) takes up the matter, tries to expose a few certain racist attacks ....what's the problem??

Aftermath

There was a 46% drop in Indians applying for student visas for Australia from July to Oct 31 2009 compared to the same period in 2008. [9]

There was a total drop of 26% in student visa applications to Australia from all counties (including India). [10]

A recent study (done before the deaths of Nitin Garg and Ranjodh Singh) forecast a 20% drop in Indian students expected to study in Australia in 2010, compared to 2009. However, after the attacks of 2009 and the deaths in Jan 2010, its expected to fall even further than the 20% drop. [11]

Victoria Police were given new laws to conduct stop-and-search operations without the need for warrants. They conducted their first stop-and-search operation for 3 hours at Footscray train station, which has a history of knife crime. They found 7 people carrying 12 weapons. [12]
Doesn't that mean the problem of attacks is/was a genuine one? Why weren't the police/govt taking preventive measures earlier, did they believe a miracle would stop them ??Wasn't this careless behavior/attitude enough to instigate Indians??

You cannot be the judge and jury, the Police will hold its investigation, and to not impede to compromise it, nothing will be disclosed unless to progress the investigation.
And what are the chances that the investigation is fair? It won't be biased?? Come on dude, when such things happen even the fairest of judges try to support his men/country!!
INDIANS ON THIS FORUM, PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT POLICE INVESTIGTAIONS IN THE WEST ARE NOT THE SAME AS THOSE IN INDIA.

They don;t use torture to get confessions, but evidence is presented to the suspect, and if it passes the threshold then a charge is made and a trial held.

The trial is held in COURT, NOT IN THE INDIAN MEDIA.
Thats why I called ur views to be from a pakistani perspective, because u never understand...the importance of freedom of press....
Indian police are no better, agreed..they torture, agreed...but evidences are bypassed by trial courts...thats a new one for me.......
We all saw the video where the protesters were hit..so...
A police force can hit a group of young men demanding justice but can't do so with some criminals coz they aren't brown skinned??

So stop crying racism, when you weren;t there and dont know what had happenned and how he got killed. Hell, he could have been a child molester and a peado and got what was coming. Point is, no one at this stage knows. So lets wait and see huh

Hope u do the same next time when some1 calls u/ur brethren a "PAK*" ....or ur cricket team is instigated for murder...(remember woollmer??)

There is no point explaining it to these two, they are not even in Australia. They have no clue about Australia, they are just armchair experts who think they really are experts andk now everything.

dude,I have already mentioned if u dont want to reply u dont have to.....coz the facts whether right/wrong never gonna change...

some Indians have died, thats a reality...u wanna accept it/wanna close ur eyes is not going to bring them back...neither is u living in Aus and me in India makes a diff... as long as u keep denying the simplest of facts ...that there are certain racist people(not all) among u which ur govt/police is shielding for fear of being called racist around the globe....

If am a armchair expert then u are no better dude....
I tried to understand ur perspective by asking a few questions in the first post of mine and trying to start a conversation.... which u kindly denied to answer ...showing an arrogant attitude.....

Still no worries...

Protests
Melbourne

On 30 April, 2008, the intersection of Flinders Street and Swanston Street was blocked for hours by Indian protesters, demanding better attitude from police in dealing with criminals who attack them. They also demanded pre-paid fares in Taxis 24x7. [4]

Better attitude, in what way....please explain, the Police have to gather evidence and establish the "TRUTH". Those Indian students who may have lied in cases, there details are not disclosed and will not be due to data protection. demanding a pre-paid taxi fare, what the hell are they on about?:sniper:

On 31 May, Over 4000 Indian Students staged a protest opposite Federation Square in Melbourne, saying the attacks were motivated out of racism and were not being sufficiently addressed by the Australian Government.[21] There were allegations that police were "punching" and "using pressure point tactics" while dragging protesters away, and that they hit a protester's leg with a baton, stomped on another student's chest, and broke another's thumb. Police alleged that an officer's hand was bitten.[22] A sitting protester was knocked unconscious by repeated punches to the head by a policeman. The Victorian Police said their actions were justified saying several non-Indians had joined the protests and had hijacked the demonstration and used violence to pursue a separate agenda.[23] One report said "Along with more police protection, the students also want a multicultural police section, and on-site accommodation for Indian students at all universities and colleges".[24] 18 protesters were arrested.
Sydney

Now this is the difference between India and the West.....protests are allowed to happen, as is evidence in this case, but Police have to maintain law and order, not allow your silly argument of being labelled police brutality and let the protestors run amock on the streets. When a direction is given by a constable in uniform in has to be followed, when passive resistance is offered then minimal use of force is allowed, i.e. pressure points and where necessary punches as long as Officers can justify it. The justification is made by the officer and investigated by an independant body. Unlike the Indian Police who go to town with the lathi charges.:sniper:

On 7 June, there was a rally in the Sydney CBD attended by hundreds of Indians and supporters. The rally started at Sydney Town Hall and marched to Hyde Park. Some attending the rally specifically mentioned Harris Park as an area of Sydney where Indians were frequently assaulted, and called on police to do more to make that suburb safe.[25]

Nothing wrong with that

On 8 June, 300 Indian students staged a protest in Harris Park late into the evening in response to an alleged assault, claiming they were considered "soft targets".[26] Some Indian protestors were reported to be carrying hockey sticks and baseball bats. According to police, the protest was sparked by an attack on Indians earlier in the evening allegedly by Lebanese men.[27] In retaliation the protesters attacked three uninvolved Lebanese men, who sustained minor injuries.[28] This was believed to be the first violent reaction by Indian students against attacks on them.[13] A police dog squad was called in to control the crowd.[28]

I take it is was the Police fault here as well.........why were they carrying hockey and baseball bats, WHY? what intention do they have when carrying weapons around, it is quite clear......bunch of lunatic Indian students then went and attacked 3 innocent people, what able that being a racist attack, attacked for being nothing more then Lebanese, nothing else, and innocent at that as well.:sniper:

On 9 June, 70 men protested again in Harris Park, blocking a street and claiming that they have been victim of attacks by Lebanese youths. Two men were arrested. The group dispersed around midnight.[29]

If they want to protest then go ahead, but why block the street and inconvenience everyone else, they have NO RIGHT TO DO SO. Protest as much as they want, but don't try and get emotional by thinking you have the right to force people to listen to you, innocent people living about their daily lives.:sniper:

On 10 June, 70 Indian students gathered again in Harris Park, saying they were being attacked by Lebanese youths and being ignored by the police.[30] Indian community leaders called for an end to the protests, with Dr Yadu Singh saying: "One thing is clear - the rallies have served their purpose and we don't want any more rallies in Harris Park, that is the community's view.

Not surprising after they first attacked 3 innocent men a day earlier in a clear racist attack on Lebanese men.:sniper:

Now, the link mentions that the first protest was held as back as 30 April, 2008, so being fair to police, do u mean to say, a year and more is not enough time for looking/investigating concerns raised by students??

Indians are not going to be given special treatment, investigations are held and offences crimed as accordingly. If they are not deemed to be racist, for which the victim has to explain why he thinks it is racist, then they are crimed as such. I'm sorry, but they won;t crime matters willy nilly on the say so of any Indian because he is an Indian. Come out of this superiorty mode, you are not in India.:sniper:

If the police can attack protesters and knock one unconscious & then justify the same with no further action against them,do I have to understand if that was just a friendly gesture!!

Police as explained earlier have the power by Law to use force, I wonder what the Indians were doing for this Police action huh.......Looking at the fact that they were blocking roads, attacking innocent people I can see where they are coming from.:sniper:

The retaliation if u read further did come in June, the only reason being their concerns being neglected...

These are attacks reported and known, the Police have not disclosed the details of their operational orders and conclusions and what the Indians did in these protests, like I said earlier, data protection and confidentiality causes Police to hold this information back.:sniper:

I do believe these incidents and the Indian response may have infuriated many Australians but the question is what do the student do if there are around 140 cases(all may not be racist but guess majority are) and hardly any action being taken...
when they protest they are hit like criminals...whos listening???
Even the Indian govt. as far as I remember initially tried to be ignorant...... so if ur own govt. doesn't listen, can we expect from a foreign govt to sit down within a community meeting and say their peace in a diplomatic manner?
And if the media(may be for TRP's) takes up the matter, tries to expose a few certain racist attacks ....what's the problem??

I'm sorry, but your analysis of guessing that the majority of cases (140) are racist just begs the question..........prove to me they are racist, give me details of the Modus Operendi for these offences.....Please don't make up your own conclusions when you don;t even know what has happenned in these cases.

They are hit like criminals, yes well thats because they are criminal, not all of them but those individual few who have committed offences, what double standards, you expect action against those who attack Indians but condone the Indians when they attack 3 innocent men, by publishing it here to use as part of your argument. How pathetic is that?:sniper:

Aftermath

There was a 46% drop in Indians applying for student visas for Australia from July to Oct 31 2009 compared to the same period in 2008. [9]

There was a total drop of 26% in student visa applications to Australia from all counties (including India). [10]

A recent study (done before the deaths of Nitin Garg and Ranjodh Singh) forecast a 20% drop in Indian students expected to study in Australia in 2010, compared to 2009. However, after the attacks of 2009 and the deaths in Jan 2010, its expected to fall even further than the 20% drop. [11]

If the Indians do not wish to go to Australia, then don;t go, that is your right and choice, the places will just go elsewhere to students who will be more then willing to take those places. 26% drop this year, and increase in the next hopefully.:sniper:

Victoria Police were given new laws to conduct stop-and-search operations without the need for warrants. They conducted their first stop-and-search operation for 3 hours at Footscray train station, which has a history of knife crime. They found 7 people carrying 12 weapons. [12] [/B]
Doesn't that mean the problem of attacks is/was a genuine one? Why weren't the police/govt taking preventive measures earlier, did they believe a miracle would stop them ??Wasn't this careless behavior/attitude enough to instigate Indians??

Nothing can justify violence in a country like Australia, a democracy and rule of Law which is enforced and upheld by a galant Police Force.

Police don;t need warrants to search anyone, they have statute in law to allow them to search people when they suspects grounds to do so. Special operations are carried out like that int he train station where Officers will come on masse, and conduct stop searches where necessary, and as all cases, need to justify their grounds for suspicion to search those people.:sniper:

And what are the chances that the investigation is fair? It won't be biased?? Come on dude, when such things happen even the fairest of judges try to support his men/country!!

I must say you sound more and more like a comedian.......Investigations are carried out by different Officers, accountbility is held and independant bodies check progress of cases. I find your comment questioning the integrity of judges totally insulting, these are people who question the evidence presented and make judgement via a jury. You sound totally pathetic by making this comment, go look at India first where judges are sold out, that doesnlt happen in Australia.:sniper:

Thats why I called ur views to be from a pakistani perspective, because u never understand...the importance of freedom of press....
Indian police are no better, agreed..they torture, agreed...but evidences are bypassed by trial courts...thats a new one for me.......
We all saw the video where the protesters were hit..so...
A police force can hit a group of young men demanding justice but can't do so with some criminals coz they aren't brown skinned??

"never understand" You people don;t even know the meaning of rule of Law, you think you living in india, this is Australia and yes, despite Indian influence growing around the world you will not be given celebrity treatment, get used to it, just like other nationals in Australia. i have already answered your question about the Police using force, your comments are getting more and more useless.:sniper:

Hope u do the same next time when some1 calls u/ur brethren a "PAK*" ....or ur cricket team is instigated for murder...(remember woollmer??)

Oh please, give me a break, as I have said in previous posts, i don;t care what nationality anyone is, as long as you can state and explain why you think an attack on you was racial, it is not a racist attack. I have dealt with numerous Pakistanis who have been victims of crime and have not treated attacks on them as racist. Like I said earlier, you will not get a red carpet treatment.:sniper:

------------

By the way, an Indian man was killed chasing a bag theif in the UK, do you think he was killed because he was an Indian or brown skinned, and would that have happened if he was white. Let me think

BBC News - Tributes paid to have-a-go hero

Last edited:
Sir, are you trying to deny that Indians are not racially targeted in Australia?

Did you read that nothing was stolen. They stabbed the guy for nothing.......

I would have to say based on the evidence that Indians are not gennerally tageted. The majority of the attacks against Indians have been against Indian students not Indians in general.
If those behind the attacks arent going after the Indian population as a whole there must be some other factor other than race that is causing the students to become victims.

There probably are a small number of racist attacks as there are in any country but the majority would not seem to be racially based.

As for the case of the man sadly murdered in the park, there is so far no evidence to say why he was killed. What i do know is it is not a safe thing to do to walk through a park alone at night in just about any city in the world.

Besides can a non Indian tell who is indian, if the attacks were race based everyone with a south eastern asian appearance would be being attacked, why are there not similar attacks reported on pakistani or sirilankan students?

Sir, are you trying to deny that Indians are not racially targeted in Australia?

Did you read that nothing was stolen. They stabbed the guy for nothing.......

I also deny that indians are racially targetted in Australia. You are another indian who just walks in and has totally ignored all the other posts. ONLY 1 attack has proven to be based on race, all the others have proved to be not.

Read, or don't post.

In spite of the regularity of brutal attacks singling out Indian immigrants, the Australian authorities continue to downplay, even deny the racial angle. Unless such crimes are treated as hate crimes and seriously prosecuted and punished, it is likely that the crime wave will continue, and probably get worse.

These attacks are a reminder to all South Asians and others of foreign origins living in the West, including North America, Europe and Australia, that intolerance, racism and xenophobia are alive and well in many parts of the world. Xenophobia, in particular, continues to rear its ugly head in various forms, including antisemitism and Islamophobia. We must condemn it in all its various forms in our own best interest.

Let me offer a famous poem by Pastor Martin Niemoeller:

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—
because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—
because I was not a socialist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—
and there was no one left to speak out.

Haq's Musings: Stop Violence Against Indians in Australia!

Back
Top Bottom