What's new

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

i'd rather get my arse kicked and go down fighting.....doesnt matter 1 on 3 or 1 on 6. Once adrenaline mode is activated, you tend to go into "psycho" mode.

Abu yaar watch the vedio of Indians getting attacked in the train you will get an idea

Lol at the source of this story. This story isn't even remotely true. Look how poor it is written.

Nice try, but you have failed.

Wow genius you figure it out that its not true by the writings ? :woot: and BTW its not me who wrote it and also its not the racist Indian media..

"white watch" hahaha....

i dont think the Ozzies will mess with the Sikh Khalsas though. If they do, it would be a mistake

Wow genius you figure it out that its not true by the writings ? :woot: and BTW its not me who wrote it and also its not the racist Indian media..

Yes i can see if a story is legitimate by the way it's written. The story is so poorely written that it can in no way be from a legitimate source.

I know it's not you who wrote it, and i know it's not the racist indian media. But one thing for sure is the blog is racist. It's a blog dedicated to insulting white people and dedicated to being racist towards white people. The bit of writing you quoted from that blog has no legimited souce that could even be considered trustworthy.

As far as i know the story is made up by that blog, yet you take it as fact. :lol:

To be honest, you are giving Indians are very bad name and are only making things worse by quoting racist blogs, saying racist things.

Each one of you replies is just some smart *** reply, you are not even contributing all your doing is replying to try to insult me.

Yes i can see if a story is legitimate by the way it's written. The story is so poorely written that it can in no way be from a legitimate source.

I know it's not you who wrote it, and i know it's not the racist indian media. But one thing for sure is the blog is racist. It's a blog dedicated to insulting white people and dedicated to being racist towards white people. The bit of writing you quoted from that blog has no legimited souce that could even be considered trustworthy.

As far as i know the story is made up by that blog, yet you take it as fact. :lol:

To be honest, you are giving Indians are very bad name and are only making things worse by quoting racist blogs, saying racist things.

Each one of you replies is just some smart *** reply, you are not even contributing all your doing is replying to try to insult me.

First of all you need to read all the threads i was replying to Abu's quotes and also this news was all over Indian media i just took a link which is not Indian..and also if you try to act smart against me you will be replied in the same manner..so its give respect and take respect..I have no intention to insult you..and also already Indians have a bad name here irrespective of what we are doing...so Indians wont mind it..cant you see people saying here that "All Indians here are trolls and boasting too much" and yea also care to explain what i said racist in that post??

Last edited:
it is....nobody said we are perfect either, we have our share of problems that need to be solved politically.

which is why you should worry about your own house first. You have your fair share of problems, as you are hopefully aware. Tend to them.

indians should worry about not discriminating amongst eachother first......

I mean -- look no farther than the halaat in West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar or Orissa.

By that logic, Pakistanis shouldn't have protested when that Danish newspaper drew cartoons of Mohammad right?

Bombs go off everyday, dependent on foreign aid, ethnic tension in Karachi, Shia's and Ahmadiyya's are being slaughtered, power cuts on a daily basis, weak government etc. etc. and despite all this Pakistanis found time to come out and protest (violently) against something they saw as an assault on their religion/identity. Pakistanis have even attacked coalition forces in Afghanistan

Shouldn't you get your own house in order first? who are you to complain about discrimination right?

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Gilani assails new US security checks for Pakistanis

Its easy to sit and pass meaningless comments when you don't understand/care about the situation. But when it comes to you, you cry foul.

Just because we have problems in India doesn't mean the rest of the world gets a free card to kill Indians.

Last edited:
No racism link in Vic attack on Indian

Crime squad investigators say the circumstances leading up to a 29-year-old Indian man being set on fire in an alleged attack are "unusual" - but not racially motivated.

The man is recovering in hospital in serious condition with burns to his hands, face and legs after parking his car in Melbourne's northwest.

It's alleged that the man was randomly approached by four men who burned his car and set him on fire.

"I believe there's no reason at this stage to consider this in any way racially motivated," Detective Acting Senior Sergeant Neil Smyth told reporters on Saturday.

"The circumstances of parking a car randomly on a side street and just some people approaching him are a bit strange and it's highly unlikely, therefore, to be a targeted attack on any individual."

Police were told the man and his wife left a dinner party in Essendon between 1.30am and 2am (AEDT) on Saturday and drove to their nearby home in Grice Crescent.

The man told police he dropped his wife off and then drove to a nearby street to park the car.

As the man was getting out of the vehicle, four men allegedly attacked him, pushed him back against the vehicle and poured an unknown fluid on him.

One of the men is alleged to have then ignited the fluid with a lighter before all four men fled.

The man then ran from the car, throwing his burning clothes into the street.

The man suffered burns to 15 per cent of his body.

The attackers have been described in only a "generalised description which is really just unspecific, just four males," Det Act Snr Sgt Smyth said.

"It is an unusual event," he said.

Neighbours across the street said they heard the car explode into flames but didn't notice any kind of fight or disturbance.

Raymond Yacoub, who has lived in the area for 30 years, said he woke up to see the car ablaze and firefighters spraying it down.

"Actually, to be honest, I thought maybe it was an insurance job," he said.

"Somebody tried to get rid of it. That's what I thought."

Police say their investigation into the incident is a priority and are appealing for any witnesses to contact them.

Acting Prime Minister Julia Gillard said the federal government condemned all violence - regardless of motivation.

"The government condemns all acts of violence in the strongest possible way," she said in a statement on Saturday.

"This matter remains under investigation by the Victorian police," adding that the government would not comment further until police could provide more information.

Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne
An Indian man is in a serious condition in a Melbourne hospital after being attacked and set alight by a gang.

The attack comes a week after an Indian graduate student, Nitin Garg, was stabbed to death in the city.

This prompted a travel advisory from the Indian government about the safety of Melbourne.

Last year saw a spate of attacks against Indian students, which has deterred many from studying in Australia.

The 29-year-old Indian was returning home from a dinner party with his wife when he set up by a gang of men, who poured fluid over him and then set him alight.

He is now in a Melbourne hospital, where his condition has been described as serious, suffering from burns to 15% of his body.

Police say they are not sure why the man was targeted and whether it was a racially-motivated attack - but it is bound to increase the sense of outrage in India, where there's been an angry reaction to the murder last weekend of Nitin Garg.

The Indian government has already this week issued an advisory warning about the dangers of travelling to Melbourne, Australia's second largest city, where the local Indian community claims that racist attacks are on the rise.

Wow, I'm sure race has nothing to do with any of this, its all just a random coincidence, first a desi is stabbed to death, now another one is set on fire, nothing to be alarmed about, its an 'unusual coincidence'.

Last edited:
Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne
An Indian man is in a serious condition in a Melbourne hospital after being attacked and set alight by a gang.

The attack comes a week after an Indian graduate student, Nitin Garg, was stabbed to death in the city.

This prompted a travel advisory from the Indian government about the safety of Melbourne.

Last year saw a spate of attacks against Indian students, which has deterred many from studying in Australia.

The 29-year-old Indian was returning home from a dinner party with his wife when he set up by a gang of men, who poured fluid over him and then set him alight.

He is now in a Melbourne hospital, where his condition has been described as serious, suffering from burns to 15% of his body.

Police say they are not sure why the man was targeted and whether it was a racially-motivated attack - but it is bound to increase the sense of outrage in India, where there's been an angry reaction to the murder last weekend of Nitin Garg.

The Indian government has already this week issued an advisory warning about the dangers of travelling to Melbourne, Australia's second largest city, where the local Indian community claims that racist attacks are on the rise.

Sigh, i already posted that. Did you not read my post above yours? geeze.

Wow, I'm sure race has nothing to do with any of this, its all just a random coincidence, first a desi is stabbed to death, now another one is set on fire, nothing to be alarmed about, its an 'unusual coincidence'.

It was not a racially motivated attack.

Use your head, how would people that wanted to attack indians know exactly when and where an indian man would be alone to set him on fire? It's obviously a random attack. or a personal attack from someone he knows.

Even Indians in Australia agree, they just interviewed some on the news. 1 indian guy said "There is no way that the attackers could of known the guy was indian because it was dark. It has to be random or someone he knows"

There could be many explanations for this attack.

Like maybe the attackers thought he was someone else that they have a grudge against? It's happened before. Like someone owes someone drug money so the people go out and kill the person but it wasn't actually the person they meant to kill

Maybe it wasnt a random attack? Maybe the Indian man had an enemy?

This attack is highly unusual. It's not everyday that someone gets lit on fire randomly, so it has to be for a reason and it's not because of his race. I think it was a personal attack.

Also notice how this man was out in the street at 2am, you have to be alert while out on the street at 2am

setting people alight....

is this a normal, everyday occurance and past-time for bored kids there? :D

Ridiculous. I'm not saying that this was race related. But how on earth do you know its not? You're assuming that it probably isn't.

Setting people on fire. Geez. That is f-ed up.

As far as all the attacks being random, according to the Age newspaper, an Indian in Australia is two and a half times likely to be a victim of assault than a non-Indian in Victoria. Obviously something is amiss.

PS - dont ask me to post the source, i already have earlier in the thread.

Edit - Curiously, this is not the first time that a racism controversy has erupted in Australia recently. Just a month ago, an Australian KFC commercial was taken of air for apparent racism. Before that, there was some controversy regarding people on some Australian channel painting their faces black to impersonate the Jackson five.

setting people alight....

is this a normal, everyday occurance and past-time for bored kids there? :D

No, if you had read my news story about it, it clearly says that this kind of attack is HIGHLY unusual. Police say it was either a random attack or the victim knew his attacker. The attack was not racially motivated.

Back
Top Bottom