What's new

Race for Navy's Carrier-based aircraft deal between Rafale M and FA18 Super Hornet heats up

Pakistan needs to step ut its A2/D2 capabilities.

Is it confirmed India picked the Hornet?
Yes it is confirm report that F 18 are finalized it's not official but there are reliable sources confirming from indian navy these are the ones indian navy will buy due to major reasons it can be fit easily on Vikrant hanger lift and it has better connectivity with indian navy P 8 ASW aircraft and Romeo ASW halos due to same origin of country and hornets are superior to Rafales in naval warfare and these can carry US weapons western weapons which India already manufacturing missiles like ASRAAM etc

Indian navy is far more professional in choosing weapons than indian army and airforce

Pakistan needs to step ut its A2/D2 capabilities.
J 16D is a fair answer with best EW suits and navy should get its own air wing rather than relying on airforce J 16 Can carry heavy anti ship missiles and PL 21 will give edge over hornets

Outlaw has some reliable source what he said in past on zargana T 129 order cancelation etc did happen you can check dates of his video and news came after few days officialy

Rafale M are already out hornets are clear winner here and indian navy do prefer us weapons over french they are not happy with scorpene even

IMG_20220528_133750.jpg

SH with Growlers...

I was thinking the same

Yes it is confirm report that F 18 are finalized it's not official but there are reliable sources confirming from indian navy these are the ones indian navy will buy due to major reasons it can be fit easily on Vikrant hanger lift and it has better connectivity with indian navy P 8 ASW aircraft and Romeo ASW halos due to same origin of country and hornets are superior to Rafales in naval warfare and these can carry US weapons western weapons which India already manufacturing missiles like ASRAAM etc

Indian navy is far more professional in choosing weapons than indian army and airforce

J 16D is a fair answer with best EW suits and navy should get its own air wing rather than relying on airforce J 16 Can carry heavy anti ship missiles and PL 21 will give edge over hornets

Outlaw has some reliable source what he said in past on zargana T 129 order cancelation etc did happen you can check dates of his video and news came after few days officialy

Rafale M are already out hornets are clear winner here and indian navy do prefer us weapons over french they are not happy with scorpene even
WS-15 equipped J-10 would actually be a decent match and more likely option; with the extra power from the WS-15 engine; an EW J-10 could be a real possibility.

There is a similar concept proposed for the Eurofighter, and if the Turks go for the Eurofighter we might see it come to fruition from which (if implemented) I’m sure the PAF will learn lesson and consider developing its J-10s similarly.

Last edited:
WS-15 equipped J-10 would actually be a decent match and more likely option; with the extra power from the WS-15 engine; an EW J-10 could be a real possibility.

There is a similar concept proposed for the Eurofighter, and if the Turks go for the Eurofighter we might see it come to fruition from which (if implemented) I’m sure the PAF will learn lesson and consider developing its J-10s similarly.

Unfortunately given the current economic situation, any counter through any future acquisitions is in realms of fantasy. PAF/PN will have to make do with current inventory and capabilities.. China will not supply anything over and above what is in the pipeline.. it has no guarantee of cooperation with the current US installed regime in any future conflict between China and India. One telephone call from a low level US diplomat will be enough to stop Pak cooperating with China.
If anything Chinese fear PAF could now compromise j10 technology (1 call from US and J10 beans will be spilled)… you may not agree with me but if I were Chinese I would be very mindful of the possibility.

Unfortunately given the current economic situation, any counter through any future acquisitions is in realms of fantasy. PAF/PN will have to make do with current inventory and capabilities.. China will not supply anything over and above what is in the pipeline.. it has no guarantee of cooperation with the current US installed regime in any future conflict between China and India. One telephone call from a low level US diplomat will be enough to stop Pak cooperating with China.
If anything Chinese fear PAF could now compromise j10 technology (1 call from US and J10 beans will be spilled)… you may not agree with me but if I were Chinese I would be very mindful of the possibility.

The PAF can just jump on the bandwagon once it’s ready, the mean time other operators of fourth generation platforms from which the PAF can purchase could be developing these options for themselves. It’s not like there options will be available soon. This is something the PAF could purchase down the road when it’s house is in order, vis a vi budget and otherwise.

Landing gear will not take carrier landing impact.

Naval version of Tejas already has demonstrated ability to take off and land on STOBAR carriers.
Reason it wasn't chosen by the Navy was because of safety issue of flying single engine fighter above the oceans. Although the technical knowledge and expertise gained from that project would surely be very useful in TEDBF program.

Naval version of Tejas already has demonstrated ability to take off and land on STOBAR carriers.
Reason it wasn't chosen by the Navy was because of safety issue of flying single engine fighter above the oceans. Although the technical knowledge and expertise gained from that project would surely be very useful in TEDBF program.
It was not critical to have two engines, as even the main training aircraft used by naval aviation, the T54, is a single engine aircraft.

The Tejas was never designed for the life of carrier deck landings that a true carrier based aircraft requires to have built into its architecture. What we see here is demonstration models with specially strengthened undercarriages, not the standard landing gear.

When the Air Force was bullied into accepting the Tejas as an operating aircraft, it was after 28 concessions; the Navy was unwilling to make similar compromises.

Back
Top Bottom