What's new

Race Begins for India's Fighter Jet Jackpot Topping $10 Billion

Another race ? MMRA race went for almost a decade and nothign happened
dear indians , its not Star plus Soap drama serial

Fighter jet makers that lost out on the world’s biggest deal a few years ago are gearing up for another shot at hitting a jackpot that may exceed $10 billion.

Uncertainty over an agreement for 126 of Dassault Aviation SA’s Rafale warplanes means India still needs scores of fighter jets to replace its Soviet-era fleet. Sweden’s defense minister, on a visit to New Delhi this week, pitched Saab AB’s Gripen in a bid to jump ahead of its rivals.

“This is the biggest fighter jet competition out there,” said Justin Bronk, a research analyst at London’s Royal United Services Institute for Defence and Security Studies. He estimated that India could probably afford to buy another 100 warplanes at the moment.

When it comes to air power, India’s need for new jets is increasingly urgent: About a third of its 650-plane fleet is more than 40 years old and set to retire in the next decade. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is looking to modernize India’s armed forces to keep pace with neighbors China and Pakistan.

India is nearly back where it started in 2007, when it called for bids that included technology transfer to build up its local defense industry. Five years later, Dassault beat out Saab, Boeing Co., Lockheed Martin Corp. and Eurofighter for a contract worth about $11 billion to build 126 planes.

Talks Stall ::
Talks with Dassault stalled in part because India sought quality guarantees for 108 jets that would be made locally by state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. On a trip to Paris in April, Modi announced he would buy 36 twin-engine Rafales directly from the French government.

“I also feel like having a BMW and Mercedes but I don’t because I can’t afford it,” Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar told Press Trust of India on May 31. “So 126 Rafales were economically unviable. It was not required.”

Modi’s administration has hinted that it’s looking elsewhere for new jets. Parrikar told local television channels in April that India wanted to buy “light-weight, single-engine” aircraft to replace MiG-21s that are slated to be phased out beginning next year.

Sitanshu Kar, a Defense Ministry spokesman, said earlier this week that he didn’t know how many planes India would look to buy in a new agreement. He didn’t answer several calls to his mobile phone on Thursday.

The value of any new deal will likely be “in the tens of billions of dollars,” according to Jon Grevatt, Asia-Pacific defense-industry analyst for IHS Jane’s. Apart from the Rafale, Eurofighter’s Typhoon and Gripen, other possibilities include Boeing’s F/A-18 Super Hornet, Lockheed Martin’s F-16 or F-35 joint strike fighter, and Russia’s MiG-35s, he said.

‘Big Boys’ ::
“These are the big boys in fighter aircraft at the moment,” Grevatt said. “They bid for all these major programs and would absolutely be interested in getting a piece of the Indian pie.”

Representatives for Dassault, Lockheed Martin and MiG Russian Aircraft Corp. didn’t return e-mails seeking comment on whether they are seeking a new fighter jet order from India. Boeing and Eurofighter -- a consortium that includes BAE Systems Plc and Airbus Group NV -- declined to comment.

Ulf Nilsson, head of the Saab Aeronautics division that makes Gripen, said earlier this week that the Swedish arms manufacturer is closely following developments in India.

High Stakes ::
“There are big needs in the country and it’s of course interesting to see what happens,” Nilsson said in an interview at Saab Aeronautics’ headquarters in Linkoeping, south of Stockholm, on June 8.

India’s air force currently has 240 MiG’s in its fleet of about 25 squadrons. It estimates that at least 45 squadrons are needed to repel a joint attack from Pakistan and China, according to a 2014 parliamentary report.
The stakes may be highest for Dassault and Eurofighter, according to Bronk.

“If a hundred Typhoons or Rafales were ordered, it would be a victory in export sales and years more for the production line,” he said, adding that production of the other jet “would be forced to close before 2020.”

no not again........

No, here we don't have IOC and ABC DEF ,, we don't have any aviation authority ..
Those planes which we have been flying for decades .. were not really us .. it was foreign pilots and staff etc.

Now May I ask a few questions ?

Not decades..around 7 years..But why no clear news on IOC/FOC??

Tejas is flying since 2001..Flying an aircraft doesn't mean it has been granted FOC/IOC..

and No,you may not ask some BS questions,as you didn't give me a proper reply.

Person 1:- What is the most unreliable thing, a Chinese toy car or a Chinese copy of Galaxy?
Person 2:- Let me think.........

A sane Indian= What do you think about presstitutes?

Not decades..around 7 years..But why no clear news on IOC/FOC??

Tejas is flying since 2001..Flying an aircraft doesn't mean it has been granted FOC/IOC..

and No,you may not ask some BS questions,as you didn't give me a proper reply.

Soo .. since 1947 we haven't been flying any thing ?
We don't know what is ABC DEF ?
and the Europeans are really really stupid who allow a non ABC DEF plane to fly over their territory and then be displayed too ...
Not to mention perform acrobatics !

This too, not once but multiple times :O

Moral of the story just because your Tejas failed getting that certificate for a long time, doesn't mean you should start burning when others move forward.

Now, don't u disturb me, I am researching how elephants can ride mice through rough seas.

JF17 is most incredible machine that country of origin does not dare to use it :D

JF17 is most incredible machine that country of origin does not dare to use it :D

Air craft is a useless machine;

Chariots should be used for flying;

The height of hypocrisy is that the country and engineers who solemnly believe in that story, try to produce not a chariot but an airplane !

Aur suna ?

df9f90e5d9a0.jpg

Last edited:
Soo .. since 1947 we haven't been flying any thing ?
We don't know what is ABC DEF ?
and the Europeans are really really stupid who allow a non ABC DEF plane to fly over their territory and then be displayed too ...
Not to mention perform acrobatics !

This too, not once but multiple times :O

Moral of the story just because your Tejas failed getting that certificate for a long time, doesn't mean you should start burning when others move forward.

Now, don't u disturb me, I am researching how elephants can ride mice through rough seas.
]
told you F@rtb@by,you showed your extent of your knowledge by implying Aircrafts doesn't need IOC/FOC to operate in your country,and you clearly doesn't know whether JF-17 got IOC/FOC or not..you're comparing these with aerobatics..LOL.even Tejas performed these countless times(In India of course)..but these is a difference between a show pony and a race horse..

The thing you didn't understand is,India is pretty much clear on these terms,while you guys doesn't know $h!t about hardware you're flying,whether they're certified by your airforce as battle ready or not.Induction of Platforms means $h!t.and there are some reasons to suspect it as over 8 years,PAF inducted only around 3 SQD of JF-17s,and according to OSCAR,FOC is yet to be rewarded,which means in case of War,Possibly PAF willn't even use JF-17.

read this..

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5] | Page 83

JF-17(Block I) is still in development mode,and no news when it'll get completed and will get FOC.meanwhile,Tejas (Block I)already validated most of its FOC criterias and will complete it this year.

if you say Tejas didn't pass it with flying colors,then it is more shame that even though JF-17 is much more "sane" project and is getting inducted since 2008 is yet to get FOC.

Air craft is a useless machine;

Chariots should be used for flying;

The height of hypocrisy is that the country and engineers who solemnly believe in that story, try to produce not a chariot but an airplane !

Aur suna ?

df9f90e5d9a0.jpg
how about flying horses

]
told you F@rtb@by,you showed your extent of your knowledge by implying Aircrafts doesn't need IOC/FOC to operate in your country,and you clearly doesn't know whether JF-17 got IOC/FOC or not..you're comparing these with aerobatics..LOL.even Tejas performed these countless times(In India of course)..but these is a difference between a show pony and a race horse..

The thing you didn't understand is,India is pretty much clear on these terms,while you guys doesn't know $h!t about hardware you're flying,whether they're certified by your airforce as battle ready or not.Induction of Platforms means $h!t.and there are some reasons to suspect it as over 8 years,PAF inducted only around 3 SQD of JF-17s,and according to OSCAR,FOC is yet to be rewarded,which means in case of War,Possibly PAF willn't even use JF-17.

read this..

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5] | Page 83

JF-17(Block I) is still in development mode,and no news when it'll get completed and will get FOC.meanwhile,Tejas (Block I)already validated most of its FOC criterias and will complete it this year.

if you say Tejas didn't pass it with flying colors,then it is more shame that even though JF-17 is much more "sane" project and is getting inducted since 2008 is yet to get FOC.

No love.

Your Hindu-stani problem is your inferiority and your insecurity.
The first time you commented on this thread, I knew you had to get something out of your system.
I denied you the opportunity
but verbal diarrhea is without treatment when it comes to Hindu-stanis.

See, what an example you made of your own self.

how about flying horses

Hahaha, I knew you would come back with that;

I must teach you
We consider flying horses a miracle, unlike Hindus who consider flying chariots work of ancient science
and also claim world dominance in creating such science !

Pertinent to mention here are claims of plastic surgery ...

latest

No love.

Your Hindu-stani problem is your inferiority and your insecurity.
The first time you commented on this thread, I knew you had to get something out of your system.
I denied you the opportunity
but verbal diarrhea is without treatment when it comes to Hindu-stanis.

See, what an example you made of your own self.

Says a Pakistani who didn't contribute anything but proof of his m0r0nic attitudes..

Almost all of the other military purchases have been finalised and a few are left.

The fighter for replacement of obsolete is one among them..

Though Rafale has been fixed in small numbers, the requirement filling is hoped to be finalised in coming weeks and we will get a picture of whats gonna make it to our force.

at least we are not asking for US AID /War remmitence /soft loans to fund owr projects :haha:

US AID:
USAID to India.JPG

Concessional Loan

Concessional Debt to External Debt Ratio.JPG

Its the policy of Indian government to seek concessional loans to offset the non-concessional loans read the attachment below

External Debt Managment Concessional Loan.JPG

Even if you are ugly its better to face the mirror rather to hide form it .... We know India is a thankless beggar who always try to posse as Baniya

Come again .... :haha:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom