What's new

Questions you want to ask to armed forces personnel

Great to hear.

Regarding the bolded, could you please elaborate on the differences to the extent you can?

Its all a mixture or a combination of conventional forces, missiles (all types), ships/subs, air assets, nuc assets....all serve as deterrents in their own domains.

Like new PAF Base at Bholari, consisting of F16s......in pure military terms, it can be a counted as a whole Strike Corps keeping in view its striking power and deterrence value.

Very Interesting...

Q1: Opinion about Kargil war? Who won? Did Mr. Musharraf failed to plan strategically?

Q2: Do Veterans want middle class to rule country or feudals?

Q3: Do veterans think there is a possibility of another war with India?

These are enough questions, I think :)

Q: What kind of training or equipment do you think you need, the most, to carry out the current and emerging threats of a re-arming India, other foreign powers, and proxies supported by foreign powers?

Q: Would MRAPs help more or better C4ISR gear?

Q: What training/educational opportunities do officers, soldiers and cadets think would better help them handle the threats they face which higher ranking officer might have missed?

Q: what courses in school should be implemented so that soldiers are well trained before they go into the army?

Last edited:
Q: Our arm forces have the best intelligence services works for them why cant they find out when someone "in any position" exporting money from Pakistan or looting Pakistani money?
Q: if army forces are so discipline why dont they help their experties to build gov dept instead of helping them in disasters.

Very Interesting...

Q1: Opinion about Kargil war? Who won? Did Mr. Musharraf failed to plan strategically?

Q2: Do Veterans want middle class to rule country or feudals?

Q3: Do veterans think there is a possibility of another war with India?

These are enough questions, I think :)

1. Depends on how you define winning.
2. Veterans generally dont think about these matters. They have seen alot in their younger days.
3. Dont you think we have been in a state of continuous war since 1999?

1. What size of Navy Pakistan should have ???. Specially the number of Corvettes and Frigates and Destroyers and Submarines ???
  2. Why Pakistan doesn't induct heavy Frigates and Destroyers which have those VLS which can and fire long range land attack Cruise Missiles also similar capability having Submarines ????
  3. As geo politics is changing and USA and Israel and few European powers are getting more closer to India should Pakistan reconsider its India centric defence strategy and go for a strategy based on developing power to take on any threat from any country in globe and for that purpose go for ICBM and Nuclear Submarines ???
  4. Mirages are old what and which jet should replace them ???
@jaibi

Why do you guys lack innovation or forward thinking in terms of new techniques, and developing new technology?

Why are you guys not open to take suggestions from juniors or civilians?

Why do you guys lack innovation or forward thinking in terms of new techniques, and developing new technology?

Why are you guys not open to take suggestions from juniors or civilians?
1. We do not lack innovation, as can be proven from multiple examples. We lack the resources and money to use them on a massive scale.

2. Atleast i am open to everything. I can speak for only myself. 8-)

How are the Army's strike/offensive capabilites? Are higher ups reluctant to go on the offensive?

1. We do not lack innovation, as can be proven from multiple examples. We lack the resources and money to use them on a massive scale.

I do realize finances are a huge challenge.
But if I counter you by saying with creativity any problem can be worked out with the limited resources. How much veracity would that hold?

Also what I said earlier. Look at HIT taxila it took decades to make Dragoon when there were other designs available. And the requirement clearly was not of a vehicle the class of Dragoon, but a bigger wheeled apc. Then later on, PakArmy decided to make an MRAP at home and the result was a horrific Israli IWI Wildcat copy. It looked as if Hino truck dressed up as the Wildcat for Halloween. Won't talk about the Al khalids and Zarras and the apcs etc. Because, they are essentially rebadged Russian designs(or ToT if you like) and the tracked APC is American M113.

Then contrast all of these with Iran which is a country which is heavily sanctioned. It's defence industry is almost entirely cut off from the entire world. And they are making weapons and other technology much better than Pakistani examples above. And the shitty Iranian weapon design pictures do surface still deserve good credit because they are trying their best with what they have(which is next to nothing). They even took a shot at converting a regular Bell jet ranger series bird into Cobra like gunship. Even though they failed miserably as aviation is their greatest weakness.

Compare that again with PakMilInd complex which has relatively good access to global supply chain.

To me it seems like even when PakMil has good finances, numeric need, every other oppurtunity available it is too shy to even try or in most cases it just decides to either get ToT(which is nothing if you really want your defence industry to grow other than some very rudimentary knowledge) for a long forgotten historic relic or "just buy it from China or some other gora nation.

Another question I mean to ask is why the Pakistani elitist culture pervades the military. For example why is a lance corporal or subedar sahb used to fetch naan, pick up kids, and do every other chore the superior can think of other than doing their assigned professional military duties. And officers not doing their stuff by themselves.

In general I feel a degree of British elitism flowing from officer->JCO->NCO remains in Pakistan Army. Why seperate chow halls for officers and enlisted? Where one looks like the Taj Mahal and the other looks like Bari Imam or Daata sahb???

my question is simple
jf-17 can be converted to CNG ?

ok sorry serious question

how many set of uniforms each soldier got every year ? can you buy uniform from markets and how much its costs ?
2 To 3 after that they need to pay 1 to 2 shoes.

Another question I mean to ask is why the Pakistani elitist culture pervades the military. For example why is a lance corporal or subedar sahb used to fetch naan, pick up kids, and do every other chore the superior can think of other than doing their assigned professional military duties. And officers not doing their stuff by themselves.

In general I feel a degree of British elitism flowing from officer->JCO->NCO remains in Pakistan Army. Why seperate chow halls for officers and enlisted? Where one looks like the Taj Mahal and the other looks like Bari Imam or Daata sahb???

That system is very old, and is no more in our Army. What to talk about myself, even my father who happens to be a very senior officers, does all chores such as grocery, gardening etc all by himself.

You must not take it as a general thing. There are always good officers and then there are bad officers as well.

Again, if you happen to come to my outfit, you may find the soldiers chow halls much better than officers'. And its in many units.

Back
Top Bottom