What's new

Questions you want to ask to armed forces personnel

How well trained are our soldiers compared to USA and India?

It goes to the credit of our entire armed forces that that have kept themselves viable for eastern border despite fighting COIN for two decades.

Training for conventional operations already runs in parallel with other engagements. Of course this puts additional stress on officers and soldiers..... But then, this is the price....

As far as your part question is concerned, necessary safeguards are already in place to thwart such attempts. These safeguards take the form of conventional, sub conventional, non conventional, ground based, sea based and air based assets.....

Great to hear.

Regarding the bolded, could you please elaborate on the differences to the extent you can?

Personally, I hate them deployed inside the cities. They should focus on their own training and preparations. This city deployment has affected the army a lot in a negatively way.

But then, this deployment has contributed in the overall peace situation in cities. Possibly, this will have to continue till the police are made capable enough to take on their original job.
But wouldn't then that be something that the enemy want? An army bogged down doing police chores in the urban theater.

Do soldiers and officers of our army suffer from PTSD and other combat related traumas

Throughout history how were soldiers paid while deployed overseas and how did their families cope? Did the families get an allowance too?

@PanzerKiel

Follow up question, what were some of the limitations you had to over come during WoT in terms of equipment etc and how you over came those short comings to complete your missions

Have those short coming gaps been filled?

Families don't get any allowance.
My question was more about soldiers being paid in yesteryears. I mean let's say a British Indian soldier was deployed in Europe during WWII. Was his salary given to him or his family?

My question was more about soldiers being paid in yesteryears. I mean let's say a British Indian soldier was deployed in Europe during WWII. Was his salary given to him or his family?

Salary gets accumulated in bank account which the soldier draws once he returns. If he dies, whoever the soldier had nominated as his next of kin gets the amount.

@PanzerKiel

Follow up question, what were some of the limitations you had to over come during WoT in terms of equipment etc and how you over came those short comings to complete your missions

Have those short coming gaps been filled?
Limitations were generally in the form of good weapons, their ammo, NVDs etc. But these gaps were filled before Op ZeA.

Can you run a side career in army like music or rapping?
and my last question is what are the views of officer corps on some of past meddling of army in civilian affairs in general?

Back
Top Bottom