What's new

Questions you want to ask to armed forces personnel

Thank you gentlemen I'll compile ad many as I can and also see their comfort level.

Greetings everyone, we're thinking of making a series of interviews with serving and retired armed forces officers of Pakistan Army, Navy and Air Force. @PDF was of the opinion that we should open up the platform to you guys so you can submit the questions you'd like to ask them and we'll ask them for you. So please submit your queries and we'll try to incorporate as many as we can.

Thank you!
Can you ask them to create a civilian society that can help to develop technology but stay away from the military setup?

Secondly, How can they help civilian setup private startups, as it will increase competition. I feel like it might help and hope that you put that in front of them.

what was the most terrifying experience in the battlefield or in the army?
and soldiers who have experienced war together, do they have stronger bond than brothers?

Last edited:
There are different levels of alert. Int agencies work tirelessly to keep our soldiers informed of enemy movements. Let me quote you an example.

Last time Indian army planned, and were about to conduct, a conventional attack in this area

..... They inducted 6 Mountain Division by air within about a week. Of course they faced a shortage of accommodation for the almost 10, 000 troops that arrived from nowhere. This airlift was remarkable enough.

As per Indian accounts, Pakistan staged a more remarkable airlift. 300 C130 sorties were flown within 3 days to bring in two extra brigades into FCNA which altered the attack ratio enough to force Indians to postpone and then cancel their attack a few hours before it was about to be launched.

Such was... Once upon a time in the month of February...

You may like to appreciate our intelligence work... I mean, 6 Mountain Division must have been picked up once troops were being recalled, being equipped, driven to the airbase for airlift, then it took six more days for it to be fully concentrated in 15 Corps area.

As it happens, normally one day of superb output may have years of intelligence and planning behind it..

Israeli devastating air attack in the opening of 67 war had 13 years of planning and int gathering behind it....

Firstly, thank you for the top quality answer.

There is no doubt that our collection/acquisition efforts, especially focused around the Indian Armed Forces, are the crown jewel of our intelligence efforts.

1.) Is there now a more direct path for serving army officers to join/request posting in the ISI for a proper career there (not a 2.5 year rotation)?

2.) Does the current restraint in the top brass --- using excuses like our precarious economic situation, the sword of FATF hanging over our heads, etc. --- bother you? From (materially) supporting the indigenous, legitimate, ethical and just armed freedom struggle against a brutal, illegal and draconian military occupation in IOK to assassinating R&AW officers outside our borders who actively support terrorism in Pakistan...
The capabilities for both exist --- though there is risk and they require a solid pair of balls to execute properly. I believe such actions are as critical to our hybrid/5th gen defense (via established deterrence value) as our nuclear weapons are against conventional war/invasion.

3.) Don't you think the above attitude/people would have similarly argued against our nuclear tests if they were in charge a few decades ago? A failing economy, the threat (carried out) of sanctions, etc., was as real then --- yet we went through with it and are safe from a massive Indian assault / nuclear strike today.
The whole point of an intel apparatus is to conceive and operationalize out-of-the-box solutions in the face of known dangers, risks, etc. (like FATF and our weak economy) --- let them do their job! Instead, the top two people have tied the hands of the entire capability which means, in effect, that the US-Indian policy of introducing increasingly restrictive "New Normals" is, unfortunately, at least partially working on our top leadership.

(PS: I say the above as someone who has, let's say, a deep engagement with the organizations in question.)

Firstly, thank you for the top quality answer.

There is no doubt that our collection/acquisition efforts, especially focused around the Indian Armed Forces, are the crown jewel of our intelligence efforts.

1.) Is there now a more direct path for serving army officers to join/request posting in the ISI for a proper career there (not a 2.5 year rotation)?

2.) Does the current restraint in the top brass --- using excuses like our precarious economic situation, the sword of FATF hanging over our heads, etc. --- bother you? From (materially) supporting the indigenous, legitimate, ethical and just armed freedom struggle against a brutal, illegal and draconian military occupation in IOK to assassinating R&AW officers outside our borders who actively support terrorism in Pakistan...
The capabilities for both exist --- though there is risk and they require a solid pair of balls to execute properly. I believe such actions are as critical to our hybrid/5th gen defense (via established deterrence value) as our nuclear weapons are against conventional war/invasion.

3.) Don't you think the above attitude/people would have similarly argued against our nuclear tests if they were in charge a few decades ago? A failing economy, the threat (carried out) of sanctions, etc., was as real then --- yet we went through with it and are safe from a massive Indian assault / nuclear strike today.
The whole point of an intel apparatus is to conceive and operationalize out-of-the-box solutions in the face of known dangers, risks, etc. (like FATF and our weak economy) --- let them do their job! Instead, the top two people have tied the hands of the entire capability which means, in effect, that the US-Indian policy of introducing increasingly restrictive "New Normals" is, unfortunately, at least partially working on our top leadership.

(PS: I say the above as someone who has, let's say, a deep engagement with the organizations in question.)

1. There is a direct path, but it doesnt guarantee your move to ISI.

2. Frankly, its way above my pay grade therefore it shouldnt bother me. I should just focus on myself doing everything right whatever is expected out of me. As far as your second part is concerned, things are being done.

3. I think we all know by now who wanted the nuclear tests to go ahead and who did not.

Moreover, i must say that most of the things dont seem like they do. There;s more to it than meets the eye.

One more question
Why it is so taboo to talk about nuclear weapons in Pakistan? Why people don't like to share anything with us?
I have never heard anything about yields of pakistani nukes?
Only thing we are told is that we did successful tests in 1998 and that's all

1. There is a direct path, but it doesnt guarantee your move to ISI.

2. Frankly, its way above my pay grade therefore it shouldnt bother me. I should just focus on myself doing everything right whatever is expected out of me. As far as your second part is concerned, things are being done.

3. I think we all know by now who wanted the nuclear tests to go ahead and who did not.

Moreover, i must say that most of the things dont seem like they do. There;s more to it than meets the eye.

Thank you! I salute your efforts.

Do active duty soldiers and officers worry about life post retirement? Does the Government do enough to take care of retired personnel? If more needs to be done, what are some ideas which the Government should consider?

Its always worrisome. An average officer retires in his 40s. At that time, his children are studying in college and universities (you can imagine the fees). Suddenly, hes out of a job, no home etc. Its tough....

Moreover, he is not having those kind of lucrative qualifications which will guarantee him another good job.

i think, keeping Pakistan's economic situation in view, the government has always been doing a wonderful job as far as taking care of retired personnel are concerned.

Its all about personal satisfaction. Allah ka shuker ada karna chahiye.

One more question
Why it is so taboo to talk about nuclear weapons in Pakistan? Why people don't like to share anything with us?
I have never heard anything about yields of pakistani nukes?
Only thing we are told is that we did successful tests in 1998 and that's all

Ambiguity has always been our strength, just like in the case of Israel. The only way to get this knowledge now is to test it in real time, which is risky enough.

Dear kin can we keep the questions army centric please. We have had some brothers asking about combat craft, naval ships etc. We do not have any serving naval personal on our boards sadly.
If you like and with this permission (he's a busy man) please take @Bilal Khan 777 who is ex PAF.
I'd also like to thank our brother @PanzerKiel for graciously answering so many questions, despite being on active service.

@jaibi I'm hoping this is a topic/area of interest that is worth asking for the interviews: please can you share some anecdotes about your service/deployment on the LOC, how it is there, particularly in recent years when the instances of CFVs have grown manifold times compared to 5 years ago according to publicly available data. What's it like when firing happens - mortars, artillery, machine gun, ATGM, raids, it's one thing reading and watching about them, but another having it narrated by someone who was there.

Also, anything that can be shared regarding our special forces actions along LOC and how they compare to our neighbours, there's very sparse information on this anywhere, so okay if even a few years old events can be mentioned.

I'll answer this in an article. I've dealt with this in my svc as well.
Do active duty soldiers and officers worry about life post retirement? Does the Government do enough to take care of retired personnel? If more needs to be done, what are some ideas which the Government should consider?

That would be quite good, brother, I can share my own exprience but I'll try to get someone who's served there longer than I have in the things that you're highlighting.
@jaibi I'm hoping this is a topic/area of interest that is worth asking for the interviews: please can you share some anecdotes about your service/deployment on the LOC, how it is there, particularly in recent years when the instances of CFVs have grown manifold times compared to 5 years ago according to publicly available data. What's it like when firing happens - mortars, artillery, machine gun, ATGM, raids, it's one thing reading and watching about them, but another having it narrated by someone who was there.

Also, anything that can be shared regarding our special forces actions along LOC and how they compare to our neighbours, there's very sparse information on this anywhere, so okay if even a few years old events can be mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom