What's new

Questions you want to ask to armed forces personnel

I would like to hear your experience of injured soldiers returning to their units and their stories of inspiration and how does it affect the morale of the rest of the unit?

I am sure that there are some eyes filled with tears when a situation like this happens.

Injured soldiers generally always want to join back in their combat units, even though their medical condition may not allow them at times. But then, just in order quench their thirst as well, they are given non combat jobs in their own unit. This way, they stay with their comrades and try to contribute whatever is humanely possible.

Injured soldiers generally always want to join back in their combat units, even though their medical condition may not allow them at times. But then, just in order quench their thirst as well, they are given non combat jobs in their own unit. This way, they stay with their comrades and try to contribute whatever is humanely possible.
there was a documentary on kpk bomb disposal unit and a person who lost his leg, he joined again and was shown disposing of IEDs. When can we see such documentaries from ISPR YouTube channel?
armed with faith

I have one more question.
How army keep count of ammunition or weapons? What if something go missing?

Last edited:
I have a question...been pondering whether or not this is the place to ask...bcuz I'm not sure if it directly applies to soldiers...
...technically this is a question for the high command...and I doubt I'll get any answer...but nonetheless...here it goes...

1) We have seen numerous efforts by PAF and PN at trying to indigenize various things...though PA has tried(T129 ATAK, Al-Khalid) but has been less successful. My question is...is there a long term plan to try and indigenize major things like tanks, artillery, attack helicopters by PA?

2) PN is soon going to induct a rather large quantity of surface vessels...is there some plan regarding the helicopters for these frigates?

It goes without saying that if the answers to these questions will compromise national security then obviously just ignore.
@PanzerKiel @PAR 5 @Tipu7 @Blacklight @jaibi tag any others

I have a question...been pondering whether or not this is the place to ask...bcuz I'm not sure if it directly applies to soldiers...
...technically this is a question for the high command...and I doubt I'll get any answer...but nonetheless...here it goes...

1) We have seen numerous efforts by PAF and PN at trying to indigenize various things...though PA has tried(T129 ATAK, Al-Khalid) but has been less successful. My question is...is there a long term plan to try and indigenize major things like tanks, artillery, attack helicopters by PA?

2) PN is soon going to induct a rather large quantity of surface vessels...is there some plan regarding the helicopters for these frigates?

It goes without saying that if the answers to these questions will compromise national security then obviously just ignore.
1. I wouldn’t Say AK and AZ are any less successful than the indigenization PAF and PN have achieved, in fact those projects are even older. There have been hiccups and gaps in every services road to self reliance due to the economic situation and the WoT. The army has also been working on other projects such as APCs, small arms (Azb Dmr, The PK17 rifles, the 12.7 HMG) and so on. Not to mention the products coming out of the private sector in recent years (Hamza and Viper, helmets, vests, optics and drones etc) Ideally it’s not the job of the services to produce weapons, rather the job of private corporations in order to form an industry as we see in other countries. PAF and PN have only began this recently. Kamra and KSEW are state owned just like HIT and POF.
You also have to keep in mind that the weapon systems of the navy, say a warship, even if built in Pakistan, is not fully indigenous since the weapons on it are imported. Same with the JF-17, meanwhile the AK has become almost fully Pakistani with its further improvements.
As for other things such as artillery and helicopters, it’s more dictated by economic situation at this point. We will probably see a helicopter come out of PAF. Nevertheless, the amount of indigenization Pakistan has achieved is impressive with regards to its economic situation and it will only continue to improve. There might be more to this but this is the best I could answer with my limited knowledge of Pakistan’s weapon industry, other members can add to it.

2. It goes without saying that if the vessels are coming with helipads and hangers there will be helicopters to go with them. Those will probably come once the vessels arrive. Which ones they will be is beyond my knowledge as there haven’t been any rumors or hints towards this. We can only speculate, but maybe some members related to the navy have more knowledge.

How easy for it for "enlisted personnel" to be promoted to the "commissioned officer", considering that educational qualifications for both are different?

Please tag me as well this is a very important topic we need to discuss and explore in depth as a nation to give back to our service men and women.

I know of several families around Faisalabad and Multan area who served Army as regular infantry soldiers (non-officers) and they didn’t have enough income or assets after leaving service. I sponsored a few of their sons or daughters weddings over the years.
From my experience it differs from person to person to some extent.
overall Pakistan has a pretty impressive system that takes care of its retired personnel, even when compared to some rich, developed countries.
we have military owned companies like Fauji, Askari, DHA to name a few which have branched our into many industries that have job quotas for retired officers and soldiers. Their children get free or cheaper education at the related schools (fauji foundation schools and APS) with reserved seats, their children get free healthcare at hospitals (fauji foundation hospitals and CMH etc) and they’re given residences and transport too. This is apart from the pensions (I understand those are relatively low) and “welfare” which reduces the taxes they have to pay.
but at the same time it’s not the easiest for a military man to fit into a normal job and life after retirement. For some the fact that they are Ex-military is a boost and it helps them get jobs easier, for some it doesn’t help at all. The system isn’t perfect and there are some, especially among the lower ranks that face financial hardships, even some officers retiring at ranks like Col and Brigadier face them. However someone more experienced can speak further on that specific issue better as Sir Jaibi said they would.

How easy for it for "enlisted personnel" to be promoted to the "commissioned officer", considering that educational qualifications for both are different?
Dear, it's pretty simple and straightforward. Provided someone is fulfilling the educational, age and physical requirements, any enlisted man can apply to be an officer. And many do apply and become one.

To be concise.

1) No

2) No

How army keep count of ammunition or weapons? What if something go missing?

Reminds me of a story my father told me from his PMA times.

During an exercise a cadet lost an MG ammo belt at night while crossing a nullah. In morning ammo was being counted and the fault was realized. The whole squad/platoon (can't remember) had to retrace their steps backwards until they found that belt of ammo.

If he meets the education qualification for officers then he can apply for PMA.

My father spent 4 years in PAF as a trainee/enlisted. He was awarded a diploma/certificate during his time in training there. That diploma/certificate allowed him to meet the education criteria for commission.

He applied for all 3 branches and got call from Army first.

Are soldiers allowed to document their life during deployment? Can they vlog?
or they are allowed to write about it? during or after the mission?

Are soldiers allowed to document their life during deployment? Can they vlog?
or they are allowed to write about it? during or after the mission?

They may write/ document it as personal memoirs but they cannot release it for general public review on any media without having permission from superior officers and/ or relevant Intelligence Department.

Back
Top Bottom