What's new

Questions you want to ask to armed forces personnel

I'll answer this in an article. I've dealt with this in my svc as well.

Please tag me as well this is a very important topic we need to discuss and explore in depth as a nation to give back to our service men and women.

I know of several families around Faisalabad and Multan area who served Army as regular infantry soldiers (non-officers) and they didn’t have enough income or assets after leaving service. I sponsored a few of their sons or daughters weddings over the years.

Yes, we've been working on this angle and I'll tag you.
Please tag me as well this is a very important topic we need to discuss and explore in depth as a nation to give back to our service men and women.

I know of several families around Faisalabad and Multan area who served Army as regular infantry soldiers (non-officers) and they didn’t have enough income or assets after leaving service. I sponsored a few of their sons or daughters weddings over the years.

Thanks @jaibi @PDF

My questions are for the Pakistan Air Force.

Q1) Has the PAF replaced the two JF-17 Thunders that crashed:

10-127 - Crashed 14-November-2011​
15-209 - Crashed 27-September-2016​

Q2) If yes, are their serial numbers the same or different?

Q3) If yes, is the 10-127 from Block-1 replaced with Block-1 or Block-2?

Q4) If no, why not?

Hi,

Really---do you think that those sqdrn's are flying with one less aircraft each---!

A dear friend who is very capable (degrees from Harvard/Cambridge, etc.), comes from a well-established family and has worked (on contract) for intel/GHQ (has held a very high clearance) finds himself wanting to be an officer. One of those people who could have a very lucrative career anywhere in the world but prefers to kha-o-fy dhaakaaz in our system because he wants to contribute and be part of something meaningful. He is already 31 years old so PMA is out...?
Does he have any other options?
Thanks @PanzerKiel @jaibi

A dear friend who is very capable (degrees from Harvard/Cambridge, etc.), comes from a well-established family and has worked (on contract) for intel/GHQ (has held a very high clearance) finds himself wanting to be an officer. One of those people who could have a very lucrative career anywhere in the world but prefers to kha-o-fy dhaakaaz in our system because he wants to contribute and be part of something meaningful. He is already 31 years old so PMA is out...?
Does he have any other options?
Thanks @PanzerKiel @jaibi

Best option for him in the present scenario will be to use his already established intel / GHQ contacts to get an excellent job, based upon his qualifications. Options for several governmental organizations are available (cant be named here) which he will be surely in knowledge of.

I also have one troll question....Ask all interviewees their PA/PF/PN number. :partay::lol::whistle::pop::p:angel::no::sarcastic:

Best option for him in the present scenario will be to use his already established intel / GHQ contacts to get an excellent job, based upon his qualifications. Options for several governmental organizations are available (cant be named here) which he will be surely in knowledge of.

Yes, he has been considering the civil path into some of them (his degrees are not technical in the slightest, so many of the orgs we probably have in mind aren't viable options) --- I think he longs for the allure and camaraderie of a uniformed career.

EDIT: He has been offered a contract-type job but he finds that whole arrangement problematic in terms of being in the thick of things. He still feels like an outsider even though the pay and flexibility is significantly better as a contract employee VS. a junior officer in the same org ---- but he has decided that the officer route is what he craves, probably because then he's not just a tool in the hands of officers but an officer himself who can, in the future, recruit tools of his own. His family's pretty wealthy, so the drop in pay doesn't bother him.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
I would like to hear your experience of injured soldiers returning to their units and their stories of inspiration and how does it affect the morale of the rest of the unit?

I am sure that there are some eyes filled with tears when a situation like this happens.

Back
Top Bottom