What's new

Question: Pakistan Army Mobilization

@Xeric, my question is a bit off topic. Are we continueing to induct panters (and in significant numbers as in hundreds) or the whole program got shelved after the initial 12 were delivered for testing?

Therefore, in addition to motorised light infantry brigades for rapid reinforcement & a couple of heli-borne battalions for vertical insertion; about 50 squads of about 20 to 25 men each, of lightly armed highly mobile but lethal force is required to combat Baluch separatists & Taliban terrorists.

sir i think helo's cost would be main hurdle in this? how many helo's would be needed for this force? a squadron at most?

I21st century wars would be mostly asymmetric with few conventional Division or Corps size engagements. Besides, modern attack helicopters such as Apache can make mincemeat of the tank formations.

Instead of mass infantry/armour attacks, stress is on the ‘Lean & mean’ army with quick response battalion size task force subdivided into platoon size combat teams of highly trained and mobile infantry which can deal with any threat.

so that is why us army is moving from division to brigade size as main fighting formations

It is already there. The intensity will increase.

Sir that's the most dangerous thing, do you think it can break-out into all out war?, considering both sides are not backing off anytime soon...

Back
Top Bottom