What's new

Question: How will AVIC position Hongdu L-15B vs JF-17B?

it should be more like T50 of South Korea vs L15b China vs Yak130 Russia
l15b and jf17b are different and both are good planes
yes there are similarities

l15b is easy to sale as its cheap then even yak130 i guess
as f7 line is closed china will try to market the l15b as its replacement and there will be customer
l15 b is trainer and basic fighter bomber

jf17b is a fighter jet bomber and do cost a lot more if u compare to l15b

both has order of export j17b will have less as its not cheap as it is a fighter

it should be more like T50 of South Korea vs L15b China vs Yak130 Russia
l15b and jf17b are different and both are good planes
yes there are similarities

l15b is easy to sale as its cheap then even yak130 i guess
as f7 line is closed china will try to market the l15b as its replacement and there will be customer
l15 b is trainer and basic fighter bomber

jf17b is a fighter jet bomber and do cost a lot more if u compare to l15b

both has order of export j17b will have less as its not cheap as it is a fighter
If JL-9G is factor in, Mig- 21 legacy continues, I hear rumour some african countries have place order for JL-9G.
Maybe JL-9G can be delivered faster for customers and a even cheaper price tag than L-15B.

If JL-9G is factor in, Mig- 21 legacy continues, I hear rumour some african countries have place order for JL-9G.
Maybe JL-9G can be delivered faster for customers and a even cheaper price tag than L-15B.

i think jl9g is cheaper i guess and the design is bit old looks of it
i dont think its as advance as l15b
i could be be wrong

i really thought that Bangladesh Air force would buy the jl9 or l15b sadly they did not well both are good ac
we did buy the k8w for the basic trainer

i could be be wrong
You are completely right.
JL-9G based on JL-7 is less advanced and cheaper than L-15b.
L-15B is a high-level trainer for training the pilots of 4 generation fighter jet, plus the attacker for ground targets.
As a high-lev trainer, it could largely reduce the depletion of non-duty of fighter jets.

L-15B is on a par with T-50 of SOR, Yak-130 of Ukraine , etc.

Last edited:
i could be be wrong
You are correct but spot on. But you see, many african countries airforce are not advance and very limited budget. When you tell them to invest on FBW and other electronic component in maintenance. Many of them just give up. They rather fly in a manual control fighter jet that is rugged and robust with less electronic component to deal with. Since the enemy they face are probably flying some 70s mig-21 which is even worst.

China military export is just like the commodities. They cater to all kind of budget of customers. Some say China produced cheap and non sophisticated goods. Yes, its true. Becos the customer is cheap too. While China also produced high end weapon. Its just depend on customers budget.

While western greed and hour per labour cost are simply too much. There is no incentive for them to produced cheap weapon for low budget airforce as simply no profit is made.

You are completely right.
JL-9G based on JL-7 is less advanced and cheaper than L-15b.
L-15B is a high-level trainer for training the pilots of 4 generation fighter jet, plus the attacker for ground targets.
As a high-lev trainer, it could largely reduce the depletion of non-duty of fighter jets.

L-15B is on a par with T-50 of SOR, Yak-130 of Ukraine , etc.

You are correct but spot on. But you see, many african countries airforce are not advance and very limited budget. When you tell them to invest on FBW and other electronic component in maintenance. Many of them just give up. They rather fly in a manual control fighter jet that is rugged and robust with less electronic component to deal with. Since the enemy they face are probably flying some 70s mig-21 which is even worst.

China military export is just like the commodities. They cater to all kind of budget of customers. Some say China produced cheap and non sophisticated goods. Yes, its true. Becos the customer is cheap too. While China also produced high end weapon. Its just depend on customers budget.

While western greed and hour per labour cost are simply too much. There is no incentive for them to produced cheap weapon for low budget airforce as simply no profit is made.

yes those who has money can go to J10 or more then that in future when china has stealth
BD air force has money so we go to J10
many African countries has money problem so the best is the jl9 jl10 the cheapest its fit
bit more money then l15b and the :) the best about china no string attached
i agree with you abt the western planes you spend a lot in fuel and ammo and spare and weapons
the whole package in China cheap to expensive what ever you like and have budget
where will you get a plane for 10 to 15 million or even lot less with every thing weapons train spare etcc. and brand new plane :)

lets not forget the the primary role of jf-17b is still for combat with enhanced surveillance and supportive capabilities, while the L-15, with additional combat capabilities when needed- is still primarily for training.

Hence the name L-15, aka -15 (练 = lit. 'train/training/trainer'- so 'Trainer-15'.)

So the 2 planes are in 2 different classes.

Last edited:
Guys, put an AESA radar, use better engines, i think we can use it against the LCA.

JF-17B is the best option for Strike and other training roles.

L-15B

L15-B.jpg

40C boiling weather:o: ground temp. 70C

Well, please do not take AVIC as a whole when talk about competition. In the third generation fighter competition, Hondu has gave Q7 to compete with J13 and J10. And now we all know that J10 has won. As to L15B vs Jf17, it is simply Hongdu wants to compete with CAC&Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom