What's new

QR SAM Test Fired

Interestingly, did India test only the missile part of QR SAM or whole system? Does India have required Radar and C&C and fire control systems?

This is what I am saying.

It's not actually the missile but the electronics and tracking which they use makes the system fast.

It takes few millisecond to detect and track , another one second to lock and fire. In advance systems. In total 2 seconds.

Our elite DRDO just tested the rocket. And I am 200% sure it is going to get rejected by the army.

tell me which technology by India which is patented by India originated in India is implemented on array of radar or homing seeker..
even the krichoffs law in not Indian, the biot savart law, bode's diagram is not Indian ..

they are masters and Indians depend on them for technology.

what India is yet to start has been researched in the west. Even after having money India is not able to have such level of research capability which the west has. They have the brain power we have nothing.

The wheel was put to use by Mesopotamian, fire by some Africans, No these things were not patented by Indian or originated in India-

How do we reinvent them now, It's already invented thousands of years ago, what to do, stop using fire and wheel ? stop using Kirchhoff's law ?

If we don't have anything, why waste your precious time on us-

This is what I am saying.

It's not actually the missile but the electronics and tracking which they use makes the system fast.

It takes few millisecond to detect and track , another one second to lock and fire. In advance systems. In total 2 seconds.

Our elite DRDO just tested the rocket. And I am 200% sure it is going to get rejected by the army.
From the looks of it they have tested the missile TEL/truck and missile. I think Radar is one of the most critical piece of this system. Without a quick reaction radar like EL/M 2106 ATAR, this missile will be useless. So we can hope that we will get that radar from Israel like swordfish radar we got for our ABM. Incidentally Modi is/was in israel recently, wonder if they signed a contract to buy the radar.

The wheel was put to use by Mesopotamian, fire by some Africans, No these things were not patented by Indian or originated in India-

How do we reinvent them now, It's already invented thousands of years ago, what to do, stop using fire and wheel ? stop using Kirchhoff's law ?

If we don't have anything, why waste your precious time on us-

yes in simple words.
China does it too. They patented kung fu..

From the looks of it they have tested the missile TEL/truck and missile. I think Radar is one of the most critical piece of this system. Without a quick reaction radar like EL/M 2106 ATAR, this missile will be useless. So we can hope that we will get that radar from Israel like swordfish radar we got for our ABM. Incidentally Modi is/was in israel recently, wonder if they signed a contract to buy the radar.

This is exactly I am trying to say that the radar capability is crap. they just have tested a hawai rocket nothing else. In the end they have to beg or buy from outside.

This is exactly I am trying to say that the radar capability is crap. they just have tested a hawai rocket nothing else. In the end they have to beg or buy from outside.
In practical terms, having parts of system developed in the country is nothing to scoff at. Real world is never binary or even discrete or digital. It is analog. So it is very practical to have some part of system indigenous while some part foreign.

I believe chinese PL-12, their mainstay BVR missile, was also developed in the similar fashion. Its motor was chinese while radar / seeker was Russian BVR Adder's (R-77?) seeker.

In practical terms, having parts of system developed in the country is nothing to scoff at. Real world is never binary or even discreet or digital. It is analog. So some part of system is indigenous some is foreign.

I believe chinese PL-12, their mainstay BVR missile, was also developed in the similar fashion. Its motor was chinese while radar / seeker was Russian BVR Adder's (R-77?) seeker.

Why should we bring Chinese here. They are iron curtain non democratic country. India is democratic. Indian engineers and scientist should be more expert as they get exposure to technology unlike the Chinese.

If they are not able to build it at home that means we are simply not capable.

Why should we bring Chinese here. They are iron curtain non democratic country. India is democratic. Indian engineers and scientist should be more expert as they get exposure to technology unlike the Chinese.

If they are not able to build it at home that means we are simply not capable.
Democracies also use foreign expertise at time. Defense is a practical art not an idealogical debate. Remember USA got their rocket program using German experts?
Or Sweden still run their Aircraft JAS-39X on american engines?
Or French fighters use BAE's BVRs -- Meteor?

No one reinvents the wheel.

Democracies also use foreign expertise at time. Defense is a practical art not an idealogical debate. Remember USA got their rocket program using German experts?
Or Sweden still run their Aircraft JAS-39X on american engines?
Or French fighters use BAE's BVRs -- Meteor?

No one reinvents the wheel.

yes but democracies are doing better than china and noko and Pak. But our condition in terms of technological expertise is just like them. Not like an actual democratic country. We lack implementation and technological expertise.

yes but democracies are doing better than china and nook and Pak. But our condition in terms of technological expertise is just like them. Not like an actual democratic country. We lack implementation and technological expertise.
Not all democracies are doing better than China in defence or science and technology. Malta comes to mind. Malta has no major defense industry or any major science and technology initiative like China.

Not all democracies are doing better than China in defence or science and technology. Malta comes to mind. Malta has no major defense industry or any major science and technology initiative like China.

now you want to compare India with malta?
hopeless!!!

in 30 seconds the CM will penetrate our arses so damn hard that the there won't be anything left to defend. And our madras chai or kerala café will be doomed.

Half a minute is a long time. This is not QR.
It has to be close to 10-15 seconds time to track , ranging and firing.
Man one thing u forgot,it's in devolopment phase,so far only two restoring happened. Do you expect this missile to perform like other proven platforms in first devolopment trial?

Man one thing u forgot,it's in devolopment phase,so far only two restoring happened. Do you expect this missile to perform like other proven platforms in first devolopment trial?

so now you are speaking like the way I was speaking few pages back. And in this development India scientists and our top class elite engineers are going to have lots of visits to eu and Israel.
By the way jaitley said the chain and layer is complete which means proved and ready to induct.

What is quick reaction radar? plz elaborate
If you want to target and steer a missile towards an incoming threat, you need to be able to detect threat and prepare a firing solution for missile. If you want to do all of this in 4-6 secs, your radar should have a hard deadline in detecting and tracking the incoming threat.

That is Quick Reaction Radar.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom