QMobile

AFAIK... you chose the most insecure method of rooting :P

You have two options:
1. Unroot and remove cwm - but this can be useless too
2. Manually flash the 4.1 or 4.2 software

Personally recommend option 2.
- Make a backup of contacts. Android makes one .vcf file on SD card
- Backup any other important data using third party apps
- Use Odin to flash the software manually.

Look out for the exact steps on the appropriate forums.

yawwr ek bat to batao, does a backup also save the phone's IMEI number? Or do I have to save it sparately?

310196,xcitefun-qmobile-noir-a10-2.jpg

Sweet S3 Knockoff.

q mobiles r good but recently my friend bought noir a10 which is looks good and also works good but one thing i found bad in this is that it doesnot play hd games ....otherwise it is a good mobile...

yawwr ek bat to batao, does a backup also save the phone's IMEI number? Or do I have to save it sparately?

Don't usually need to do this, but a backup does not save IMEI. There's a separate procedure for this....

Dunno why the Galaxy needs to be so complicated :what:

Don't usually need to do this, but a backup does not save IMEI. There's a separate procedure for this....

Dunno why the Galaxy needs to be so complicated :what:

So is there a way to backup IMEI without rooting and installing so many additional softwares? I want a simple way because it's already hard enough to install a new rom

And if i'm not too much trouble is there a way to make a full CWM backup to my laptop?

@RazorMC looks like u an expert in this field..i have a note 2...m unable to move my apps to sd card even though i have the app 2 sd app..i googled and found that this is bcoz of 4.1 android..is there any solution to this problem,or rooting is the only solution??

also what are the disadvantages of rooting(other than warranty).i mean what about the updates and all??:what:

Last edited by a moderator:
So is there a way to backup IMEI without rooting and installing so many additional softwares? I want a simple way because it's already hard enough to install a new rom

And if i'm not too much trouble is there a way to make a full CWM backup to my laptop?

Verizon Galaxy S III Backup and Restore IMEI Easy - YouTube

This was the simplest method as stated by many people for imei backup.

About CWM, use an older version or TWRP ..... the newer version of CWM will take ages to transfer the files to your laptop since they are stored in tiny parts.

For CWM Recovery:

Step 1: Go to recovery mode.
Step 2: Go to backup and restore > backup (to save in external SD) OR backup to internal sdcard (to save in internal SD)
Step 3: Wait for the process to finish.
Step 4: Check for a successful backup.
Go to backup and restore > restore (if backup is in external SD) OR restore from internal sdcard (if backup is in internal SD). There should be a file name closest to the date and time you performed the backup in Step 2. If it's there, backup was successful.
Step 5: Select Go Back > reboot system now.

For CWM ManagerL

Step 1: Launch the application

Step 2: Select "Backup"

Step 3:
CWM Recovery saves back-ups on a date-and-time format. CWM Manager gives you the option to change that. If you don't want to lose track of your back-ups, it's best that you edit the file name from here. I suggest you name a backup based on its firmware version and kernel like "XXLPX-Abyss1.2".

Step 4:
Choose between internal SD and external SD card. The available memory will be displayed so you can make a proper choice.

Step 5:
Your phone will automatically reboot to CWM Recovery for the back-up process. When it's finished, your phone will reboot normally.

Found at this link

PS: just copy the backup file from the folder to your laptop.

@RazorMC looks like u an expert in this field..i have a note 2...m unable to move my apps to sd card even though i have the app 2 sd app..i googled and found that this is bcoz of 4.1 android..is there any solution to this problem,or rooting is the only solution??

also what are the disadvantages of rooting(other than warranty).i mean what about the updates and all??:what:

Apps2SD is not a good. Try Link2SD, it's much better at this.

I guess you already have tonnes of internal space, why do you need to transfer to SD ? :woot:

Rooting has no disadvantage and warranty is still valid after that. It doesn't affect any software update unless you intall a custom kernel/ROM

Last edited by a moderator:
Apps2SD is not a good. Try Link2SD, it's much better at this.

I guess you already have tonnes of internal space, why do you need to transfer to SD ? :woot:

Rooting has no disadvantage and warranty is still valid after that. It doesn't affect any software update unless you intall a custom kernel/ROM

i have a 16gb version,11 gb usable and i play hardcore and large games,hence feel the need to move them to sd..32 gb wasnt available when i got it..:cry:

and what about the updates..will i get them after rooting,and if yes,will updating lead to any problems??

i have a 16gb version,11 gb usable and i play hardcore and large games,hence feel the need to move them to sd..32 gb wasnt available when i got it..:cry:

and what about the updates..will i get them after rooting,and if yes,will updating lead to any problems??

Updates are not affected by rooting at all. As long as you keep the original ROM, you can update without any worries.

dear brothers and sisters(if Any)
ALLAH may bless you all
i am curious about Qmobile auto focus camera sample clip in raw form. i surfed the net but could not find that.so i request those honorable members who have Qmobile with auto focus(preferably 720 P) camera please share its 20 sec clip(outdoor with full resolution) with me either through this forum or u can send me at
kukishakeel AT gmail com.
it would be a great help if someone fulfill my demand.
thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom