What's new

Qatar to buy Turkish Altay main battle tanks

Abrams don't have active protection kits aginst anti tank missiles, so do leopard don't have it. And why is other tanks better? You didn't see it, your know how is low for sure.

Our Attack helicopter is doing well and this tank will do it like Attak, with your mind set you will stay like that:-). Turkey will bloom and you people will stay like that.
Abrams does have the Trophy integrated on some of them in Europe. Its a matter of how expensive Trophy kits are. You guys are behind just admit it and will always stay behind. What were you saying about no APS?

In 2016, the U.S. Army and Marine Corps began testing out the Israeli Trophy active protection system to protect their Abrams tanks from modern RPG and ATGM threats by either jamming (with ATGMs) or firing small rounds to deflect incoming projectiles.[88] The Army plans to field a brigade of over 80 tanks equipped with Trophy to Europe in 2020.[89] It is planned for up to 261 Abrams to be upgraded with the system, enough for four brigades.[90][91] In June 2018, the Army awarded Leonardo DRS, American partner to Trophy's designer Rafael, a $193 million contract to deliver the system in support of M1 Abrams "immediate operational requirements."[92] :omghaha::omghaha:

Active protection kit is not some magic solution. Imagine your accompany troops are on foot nearby in urban battle. The active protection system will injured or killed them if activated. That is why a lot other tanks don't deploy it.
Ignore him, he imagines his tank is going to be some magical flying tank that can launch nukes while in reality it is lesser than upgraded tanks from the 1980s.

Abrams don't have active protection kits aginst anti tank missiles, so do leopard don't have it. And why is other tanks better? You didn't see it, your know how is low for sure.

Our Attack helicopter is doing well and this tank will do it like Attak, with your mind set you will stay like that:-). Turkey will bloom and you people will stay like that.
Also, Arab defense industries are developing rapidly. KADDB a Jordanian company has sold its products to at least 42 countries while only being 20 years old.

Abrams does have the Trophy integrated on some of them in Europe. Its a matter of how expensive Trophy kits are. You guys are behind just admit it and will always stay behind. What were you saying about no APS?

In 2016, the U.S. Army and Marine Corps began testing out the Israeli Trophy active protection system to protect their Abrams tanks from modern RPG and ATGM threats by either jamming (with ATGMs) or firing small rounds to deflect incoming projectiles.[88] The Army plans to field a brigade of over 80 tanks equipped with Trophy to Europe in 2020.[89] It is planned for up to 261 Abrams to be upgraded with the system, enough for four brigades.[90][91] In June 2018, the Army awarded Leonardo DRS, American partner to Trophy's designer Rafael, a $193 million contract to deliver the system in support of M1 Abrams "immediate operational requirements."[92] :omghaha::omghaha:

I don't know why you are laughing, in the end they don't have it. Maybe later 1 year or 2 like the Altay, you guys are behind a century. you will stay like that a century.:-)

Excellent decision. It is useless to buy western military products because they come with strict conditions and bindings. There is strong chance you will never be able to defend yourself against intruder if you have western equipments. Pakistan had learned the lesson hard way.

Excellent decision. It is useless to buy western military products because they come with strict conditions and bindings. There is strong chance you will never be able to defend yourself against intruder if you have western equipments. Pakistan had learned the lesson hard way.
Not true in most wars using American tanks the U.S. did not really care and couldn't do anything against it. If Qatar wanted to conditions or bindings they could have gone to China or Russia. This definitely comes with conditions just you can't seem them and neither can I.

Well arabs are not, they are happy with them like you can read on the post:-). Troll arabs unhappy when a arab country buy it from Turkey:(. They should have it from americans or germans, o my like a give a fak.

Well arabs are not, they are happy with them like you can read on the post:-). Troll arabs unhappy when a arab country buy it from Turkey:(. They should have it from americans or germans, o my like a give a fak.
Learn your English a little bit more please. Best thing for you is to use Google translate because your speech looks like a man who has little to no knowledge of English even considering how common English is in Europe.
I'm not unhappy, just disappointed that Qatar wasted money on a paper tiger when they could have had Chinese, Russian, or Western tanks that are just as capable. Again, this is a political deal in which Qatar just wanted to win favor. It's the same as bribing a judge to give you a not guilty verdict.

Learn your English a little bit more please. Best thing for you is to use Google translate because your speech looks like a man who has little to no knowledge of English even considering how common English is in Europe.
I'm not unhappy, just disappointed that Qatar wasted money on a paper tiger when they could have had Chinese, Russian, or Western tanks that are just as capable. Again, this is a political deal in which Qatar just wanted to win favor. It's the same as bribing a judge to give you a not guilty verdict.

How many languages do you speak? As far as i remember only English.
What gives you the right to criticize someone who speak maybe 3 languages, learn first your mother tongue.

That paper Tiger is better than anything you Arabs can offer.
Altay can easily keep up with modern western tanks, especially it's mobility and top armour is superior.

Qatar has 49% shares of BMC (Altay producer), just sayin... :-)

How many languages do you speak? As far as i remember only English.
What gives you the right to criticize someone who speak maybe 3 languages, learn first your mother tongue.

That paper Tiger is better than anything you Arabs can offer.
Altay can easily keep up with modern western tanks, especially it's mobility and top armour is superior.

Qatar has 49% shares of BMC (Altay producer), just sayin... :-)
Its a political buy as me and Beast stated before. Keeping up with western tanks when your 30-40 years newer than them is not impressive. The reason Arabs don't offer things is because they haven't made a defense industry for as long as you have with you being in business for at least 43 years for Aselsan. I'm sure in the future Arab countries will offer better products but being ahead but 27 years at least gives you a hell of a lot of an advantage.

Also, I speak Arabic as well but not as fluently as English. English is the Lingua Franca of the world and is the most useful language, for example I can go to any major city of an major country and at least 20% of people will understand me which can't be said about other languages such as Turkish.

Its a political buy as me and Beast stated before. Keeping up with western tanks when your 30-40 years newer than them is not impressive. The reason Arabs don't offer things is because they haven't made a defense industry for as long as you have with you being in business for at least 43 years for Aselsan. I'm sure in the future Arab countries will offer better products but being ahead but 27 years at least gives you a hell of a lot of an advantage.

Also, I speak Arabic as well but not as fluently as English. English is the Lingua Franca of the world and is the most useful language, for example I can go to any major city of an major country and at least 20% of people will understand me which can't be said about other languages such as Turkish.

BMC is partly owned by the Qatari state which means that the cash price per unit is lower than you think. However, they probably do not take their share of profit from BMC. I assume that Qatar is re-investing its share in the company. Doha is interested in making BMC a successful defense company due to some geopolitical concerns. Unlike many others, I am happy about Qatari participation. They are developing engines, tanks and other armored vehicles making the company an important asset in Turkey's defense architecture.

Qatar's decision is wise and totally rational.

BMC is partly owned by the Qatari state which means that the cash price per unit is lower than you think. However, they probably do not take their share of profit from BMC. I assume that Qatar is re-investing its share in the company. Doha is interested in making BMC a successful defense company due to some geopolitical concerns. Unlike many others, I am happy about Qatari participation. They are developing engines, tanks and other armored vehicles making the company an important asset in Turkey's defense architecture.

Qatar's decision is wise and totally rational.
Increases logistics hence why other countries only use one type of tank with a limited defense budget. They have Leopard2A7s which they could have bought more of but now they have to deal with different parts, different engines, different everything for each tanks.
I don't hear much about Qatar's defense industry but I assume its fairly small compared to say the UAE or Saudi Arabia due to less population, and less of a workforce from its citizens.
I think it was a Turkish member of this forum that said 1000 Altays won't be made since its too expensive and similar to how Russia will not make many T-14s. What do you think of that?

He was trying to say that Oublious is speaking German, Dutch and Turkish which makes English his 4th language. You can't keep up with him.

He was trying to say that Oublious is speaking German, Dutch and Turkish which makes English his 4th language. You can't keep up with him.
I can't speak 4 languages but he is 35 which means his life is almost half-finished on average while I still have some 50-60 years left to learn other languages if I like. And I have mastered fluency in the Lingua Franca of the Earth at a young age which means I can pretty much live anywhere I like without having to learn another language and can effectively communicate with a very big vocabulary. By living in a foreign nation for 2-3 years that speaks another language most people can speak the language fluently which is probably what he did considering he lives in the Netherlands but is from Turkey originally.

Increases logistics hence why other countries only use one type of tank with a limited defense budget. They have Leopard2A7s which they could have bought more of but now they have to deal with different parts, different engines, different everything for each tanks.
I don't hear much about Qatar's defense industry but I assume its fairly small compared to say the UAE or Saudi Arabia due to less population, and less of a workforce from its citizens.
I think it was a Turkish member of this forum that said 1000 Altays won't be made since its too expensive and similar to how Russia will not make many T-14s. What do you think of that?

Qataris don't need a big defense industry. As a small country, they just have to focus on certain defense-related industrial sectors which means specialization is the key to success for Doha. As a partner of Turkey, they have a pole position to achieve this goal.

Other than that, all major Arab countries are purchasing military products left and right; from US to Russian to Chinese hardware. You are criticizing logistics? Talk to your "brothers" in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE.

Not true in most wars using American tanks the U.S. did not really care and couldn't do anything against it. If Qatar wanted to conditions or bindings they could have gone to China or Russia. This definitely comes with conditions just you can't seem them and neither can I.

Use your American-made hardware against an "ally" of the US to test Washington's reaction. Pakistanis are talking from experience. The best weapon system is worth nothing if you can't get spare parts and technical support from the producer.

Qataris don't need a big defense industry. As a small country, they just have to focus on certain defense-related industrial sectors which means specialization is the key to success for Doha. As a partner of Turkey, they have a pole position to achieve this goal.

Other than that, all major Arab countries are purchasing military products left and right; from US to Russian to Chinese hardware. You are criticizing logistics? Talk to your "brothers" in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE.

Use your American-made hardware against an "ally" of the US to test Washington's reaction. Pakistanis are talking from experience. The best weapon system is worth nothing if you can't get spare parts and technical support from the producer.
Most of these countries only operate one model of a MBT is what I'm trying to say with the exception of Egypt and also, since I'm half Arab I would prefer "Half-Brothers":laughcry::cheesy:

Qatar doesn't need a big defense industry but could start small and expand slowly, Jordan, a fairly small country started out with almost no defense industry in 1999 and now produces 100% of their ammo needs and exports to the UAE for 20$, makes the RPG-32 and Jadara Terminator, makes armored vehicles including 4x4s, 6x6s, and 8x8s for foreign and domestic markets, and much more. The U.S. really just wants you to not attack Europe, or India and the rest are up for a go because these affect NATO for one, and trade with India. Being partners with Turkey isn't a bad idea but when @Oublious thinks Turkey builds everything the Jordanian defense industry offers it really annoys me and with Ukrainians and South Africans (cooperation with Jordan) they will say nothing and praise cooperation which I don't seem from Turkish members even if I did say their tech was inferior to Western tech.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom