Qatar to buy 24 Apache Long Bows

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Qatar – AH-64D APACHE Block III LONGBOW Attack Helicopters

AH-64D-Apache-Block-III.jpg

WASHINGTON, July 12, 2012 – The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress July 10 of a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Qatar for 24 AH-64D APACHE Block III LONGBOW Attack Helicopters and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support for an estimated cost of $3.0 billion. The Government of Qatar has requested a possible sale of 24 AH-64D APACHE Block III LONGBOW Attack Helicopters, 56 T700-GE-701D Engines, 27 AN/ASQ-170 Modernized Target Acquisition and Designation Sight, 27 AN/AAR-11 Modernized Pilot Night Vision Sensors, 12 AN/APG-78 Fire Control Radars (FCR) with Radar Electronics Unit (LONGBOW component), 12 AN/APR-48A Radar Frequency Interferometers, 28AN/AAR-57(V)7 Common Missile Warning Systems, 30 AN/AVR-2B Laser Detecting Sets, 28 AN/APR-39A(V)4 Radar Signal Detecting Sets, 28 AN/ALQ-136(V)5 Radar Jammers or Equivalent, 160 Integrated Helmet and Display Sight Systems-21, 58 Embedded Global Positioning Systems with Inertial Navigation, 30 30mm Automatic Chain Guns, 8 Aircraft Ground Power Units, 52 AN/AVS-6 Night Vision Goggles, 60 M299A1 HELLFIRE Missile Launchers, 576 AGM-114R HELLFIRE II Missiles, 295 FIM-92H STINGER Reprogrammable Micro Processor (RMP) Block I Missiles, 50 STINGER Air-to-Air Launchers, 4092 2.75 in Hydra Rockets, and 90 APACHE Aviator Integrated Helmets. Also included are M206 infrared countermeasure flares, M211 and M212 Advanced Infrared Countermeasure Munitions (AIRCM) flares, training devices, helmets, simulators, generators, transportation, wheeled vehicles and organization equipment, spare and repair parts, support equipment, tools and test equipment, technical data and publications, personnel training and training equipment, U.S. government and contractor engineering, technical, and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $3.00 billion.

http://www.dsca.mil/PressReleases/36-b/2012/Qatar_12-10.pdf

24 for 3 billion ?

Let's not jump into conclusions remember when everyone was going (OMGWTFBBQ) over KSA's 30 Billion deal thinking it is only for the 84 F-15SAs?? It turned out it included 70 Apaches and 72 BlackHawks 32 Little Birds and a helluva lotta of munitions.

and it puts the number of people who can operate them in GCC to -162.
I bet some of that 3 billion went to hiring westerners to fly those for you.

Please provide evidence that the people operating Saudi military equipment are not Saudi nationals. I will be much obliged if you do.

what tragedy --- these robber barons are wasting money that should be spent on the betterment of the poor muslims on toys they are incapabale of using....

why don't they buy the russian alligator? is it not better than apache?
well apache has better electronic but alligator is cheaper,faster,more agile...
I think they have to buy from USA to keep the american defence companies rolling...

what tragedy --- these robber barons are wasting money that should be spent on the betterment of the poor muslims on toys they are incapabale of using....

I think the Houthis were saying the same thing you are saying about our Apache crews.... Now THAT was a tragedy :lol:

don't u guys feel like qatar is being looted here
I mean india ordered 22 apaches with training n other stuff n it costed around 1.4 billion usd

So i think americans as usual r screwing the arabs for money:usflag:

Yah, off course, you are the only people who can operate them professionally. You are super duper. loool.
Some people think, as long as there wasn't dirt on Qataris heads, and they weren't miserable and poor, they can't fight.:lol:

why don't they buy the russian alligator? is it not better than apache?
well apache has better electronic but alligator is cheaper,faster,more agile...
I think they have to buy from USA to keep the american defence companies rolling...

The Mi-35 and Ka-52 were under consideration by the RSLF. And Russia Today reported that a sale of 120 Mi-17 and 30 Mi-35 were signed between KSA and Russia, however I don't see us buying anymore Russian equipment because of Syrian thing.

And by the way No. The Apache is better than KA-50/52 as it has a bigger payload and longer loiter time.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom