What's new

Iraq to Get Apache Attack Helicopters, Missiles From U.S.

Look at that fucking bill!!.....4.8 billion $ for 24 helicopters and another 1.37 billion $ for leasing another 6 !!

Well,aren't we glad that we forgave some 2 billion $ of Iraki debt so they can use the money to rebuild the country.They're rebuilding it allright,....buy buying Apaches at 200mil $ a piece. :hitwall:

It can’t be that MoD or ministry of finance are that retarded, they finished university, they’re corrupt.

It can’t be that MoD or ministry of finance is that retarded, they finished university, they’re corrupt.

Believe me man,i'm no stranger to corrupt politicians but this is.....outrageous.Not only because the bill is so high but it's a blatant steal .They got balls to do it so in the open....

Explaining the high price on DSCA, seems like a good deal after all considering the previous cases, DSCA request exercises the highest possible calculated price estimates on contract.
if links doesn’t work google : "Iraq F16 or C130J DSCA"

the Ah-64E prices by the DSCA are some "potential" lifecycle costs over 20 years.

The same was true for Iraq's previous US purchases.

First example:

C130J

DSCA announces the offer. http://www.dsca.osd.mil/PressRelease...Iraq_08-73.pdf

Its $1.5bn for 6x planes. or $250M per plane

In the end the actual "flyaway" contract price was $70M for each unit.
Iraq Orders C-130Js

For the F16s.

DSCA came up with the first release... http://www.dsca.osd.mil/PressRelease...iraq_10-23.pdf

$4.2Bn for the first 18 planes... $233M per plane (inc weapons etc..)

then the real contracts started flowing out and the real "flyaway" price was about $50M,
The New Iraqi Air Force: F-16IQ Block 52 Fighters

the same as what Morocco, Greece and other recent buyers paid.

The same was true for all the DSCA releases.

So there is hope that Iraq's AH-64E Apaches will be priced "fairly" in the end.

Last edited:
I still do think that Iraq should stick to buying more mi-28s which are only a third of the price. Iraq could make a large fleet of 100+ Mi28 within several years if they do that instead.

Besides the training and maintenance...

Last edited:
Looks like the 6 leased Apaches will eventually be kept by Iraq & upgraded.

current future attack heli fleet

-30 AH 64 E
-34-40 MI 28Ne
- 6 MI35M

Back
Top Bottom