What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

Iran air force (from right to left) MIG-29, F14 and F-4, SU-24 and Mirage F1. Mirage F-1 itself is relatively small.
9w-bV9cCksz_iLF5r98TF9ugduKsFnPmESdnSRijrDZF5COxnmCrt9FXsjaGh432bCJ3LjTc8VCmMnIn7oGGLbosv-D_Fbz1ZQw5Qp7TQRhP-L6pRGDau6RtORhIYwE8ok4_AHQsqIljjyVSAlg6IMUUPF4QY8FcgAWfDjVf9tsY-MYOuM59AeUT5pYC6Xc9exdBdv3idP9cGVa73LkTfmAo7R2UwCKLfCmfE6bxbjzCNVwZTL7Vc_PQuezImd8lMhi9SmMvLAGwJ_KRxwwMfphl0TAqDAbcIctz6HHiowhzB_uAmkc9tjuyggC1PNCHnkcLcAFtnTr_S0LlV8WgqpUEfIEPEaWs9SSMt5gIau_jUafG3RhBVEDJ0_bMpQmY6sHEg1OdEIpJJ219M551mA0I9Xm6EQookXOuZvMELKxa8OJ_IKMTA79kZOE-qGixVXFf2mr4pt1DQLTtuEB3MKwXPN50GKEu8W-OKLvhCc_Xbok0734loGrVTxxcfPsCWVk2EL9HIlHyhMsoYWLzdc8=w969-h657-no

Question: are there any picture of the F-313 taxiing, in which there is hot exhaust visible (i.e. trembling air, distorted background)?
Not in the pictures but if you look at the clip at the first two pages of this thread you can see the trembling air behind the aircraft.

upload_2017-4-18_14-6-47.png

Well 500 is in fact Yuzi Robin. He copied one of Soheil's renderings for Simorgh Satellite Carrier for one of his speeches in Washington DC.

Kidding, but the statement about Soheil's rendering is true. He is a famous guy now.

Many of Israelis showing interest in Iran's defense projects are in fact Iranian Jews who have immigrated to Israel.

However, I don't rule out what PeeD said. You don't believe what you can find in these forums sometimes.

From what I hear many Iranian jews in Israel are in the IDF and are almost all right wing. Also I heard many Israeli officials and influential military figures are of Iranian origin (just a rumor tough don't know if these are true).

Idk though man, intelligence gathering from a forum, seems like the Israelis want to gather info from ALL possible angles but their true source of dominance comes from their reconnaissance cabalities which are very advanced. Long range radars, satelites etc, etc.... it really is their strong suit.

Idk about the extent of Iranian intelligence and reconnaissance capabilities.

On the point of the jet. I'm beginning to to think that this jet is in fact real but it won't be put into large scale production. Air Force and maintenence of jets is a money guzzling affair, I'm pretty sure the IRGC and other militare figures have already figured that out.

I'm guessing if they did order them it would low rate production. 10-30ish?

From what I hear many Iranian jews in Israel are in the IDF and are almost all right wing. Also I heard many Israeli officials and influential military figures are of Iranian origin (just a rumor tough don't know if these are true).

Idk though man, intelligence gathering from a forum, seems like the Israelis want to gather info from ALL possible angles but their true source of dominance comes from their reconnaissance cabalities which are very advanced. Long range radars, satelites etc, etc.... it really is their strong suit.

Idk about the extent of Iranian intelligence and reconnaissance capabilities.

On the point of the jet. I'm beginning to to think that this jet is in fact real but it won't be put into large scale production. Air Force and maintenence of jets is a money guzzling affair, I'm pretty sure the IRGC and other militare figures have already figured that out.

I'm guessing if they did order them it would low rate production. 10-30ish?
Well it remains to be seen whether it can deliver what IRGC expects.

Maj Gen Dehghan said they still consider it a research project. So until either IRGC or IRAF put in an order, it won't go into mass production. But overall, I think it has already been a very good experience. It is the only indigenous designed jet (not copied from any other existin jet fighter) in Iran that has got as far as Taxi test.

I personally think it lends itself well to IRGC asymmetric war strategy.

It is active flight control element. It has aileron:

View attachment 391441
I doubt that.

There was a post -- that I assume was deleted -- that pointed out that when the taxiing F-313 made a turn, the rudders do not have matching deflections. Rudder pedals are coupled to the rudders even if the jet is fly-by-wire. On the ground where altitude and airspeed are near nil, rudder deflections are always at maximum whenever the rudders are activated during ground movements.

Likewise with the F-313's wings and canards. The flight controls system is a closed loop operation. On ground taxi, there should be stabilator and aileron deflections as the jet move over the paved but still uneven taxi ways. This is the effects of the gyroscope and accelerometers feedback loop. They have to be that sensitive. Further, on taxi, the system via the weight-on-wheel (WOW) switches, would automatically set the jet to take-off/land configuration. That means the flaps should deflected down to produce as much lift as possible.

This is from 5 yrs on the F-111 and 5 yrs on the F-16. I know how each jet feels and flies and even though there are decades of technology differences between the two jets, there are system commonalities that must exists.

When people suspect the F-313 is a 'fake', not all of them are out to troll Iran. Some like me observe with experienced eye and we find the F-313, to be kind about it, suspect.

Finally, just in case you think I make up the WOW switches...

http://www.askacfi.com/20020/squat-switch.htm
The Squat Switch (also called Weight on Wheels Switch, or WoW) is mounted on the telescoping landing gear by two attach points.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1350630704001323
A F-16 weight-on-wheel (WOW) switch failure investigation was conducted.

I doubt that.

There was a post -- that I assume was deleted -- that pointed out that when the taxiing F-313 made a turn, the rudders do not have matching deflections. Rudder pedals are coupled to the rudders even if the jet is fly-by-wire. On the ground where altitude and airspeed are near nil, rudder deflections are always at maximum whenever the rudders are activated during ground movements.

Likewise with the F-313's wings and canards. The flight controls system is a closed loop operation. On ground taxi, there should be stabilator and aileron deflections as the jet move over the paved but still uneven taxi ways. This is the effects of the gyroscope and accelerometers feedback loop. They have to be that sensitive. Further, on taxi, the system via the weight-on-wheel (WOW) switches, would automatically set the jet to take-off/land configuration. That means the flaps should deflected down to produce as much lift as possible.

This is from 5 yrs on the F-111 and 5 yrs on the F-16. I know how each jet feels and flies and even though there are decades of technology differences between the two jets, there are system commonalities that must exists.

When people suspect the F-313 is a 'fake', not all of them are out to troll Iran. Some like me observe with experienced eye and we find the F-313, to be kind about it, suspect.

Finally, just in case you think I make up the WOW switches...

http://www.askacfi.com/20020/squat-switch.htm

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1350630704001323
No that post is still here. It was from Jane's. I think I posted it in the previous page.

It might be that the mechanisms that move the flaps are still not connected. As they are not needed for a slow taxi test.

But the aileron that I referred to was added in this version and was not there in the original mock up that was revealed 4 years ago.

Anyway it is a work in progress.

Facts about qaher's aerodynamic design:

1-Anhedral wing design and canard will provide great maneuvering characteristics in case a good flight computer is installed.

-anyway we should keep in mind that does the intake design works good enough when the plane is in high pitch attitude or in steep turn ???? I am afraid not.
No matter how high maneuverable the wing design is , the engine might get stalled any moment when the plane is in high pitch attitude.

2-very thick wing with negative angle of incident which makes this plane impossible to cruise with speeds in excess of sound speed simply because this wing design cause a lot of parasite drag as well as induced drag(for negative angle of incident).

3-this design allow the wing and canard to generate a good amount of lift if a sufficient amount of thrut is generated.

-Im not sure about its stealthy capabilities nor warfare and self awareness systems so I put all the the points into consideration so we have a fighter jet with unknown capabilitis in case of warfare and self awareness, it's too slow but it can maintain a relatively good service ceiling and also it is very maneuverable if those intakes let.

Last edited:
Iran air force (from right to left) MIG-29, F14 and F-4, SU-24 and Mirage F1. Mirage F-1 itself is relatively small.
9w-bV9cCksz_iLF5r98TF9ugduKsFnPmESdnSRijrDZF5COxnmCrt9FXsjaGh432bCJ3LjTc8VCmMnIn7oGGLbosv-D_Fbz1ZQw5Qp7TQRhP-L6pRGDau6RtORhIYwE8ok4_AHQsqIljjyVSAlg6IMUUPF4QY8FcgAWfDjVf9tsY-MYOuM59AeUT5pYC6Xc9exdBdv3idP9cGVa73LkTfmAo7R2UwCKLfCmfE6bxbjzCNVwZTL7Vc_PQuezImd8lMhi9SmMvLAGwJ_KRxwwMfphl0TAqDAbcIctz6HHiowhzB_uAmkc9tjuyggC1PNCHnkcLcAFtnTr_S0LlV8WgqpUEfIEPEaWs9SSMt5gIau_jUafG3RhBVEDJ0_bMpQmY6sHEg1OdEIpJJ219M551mA0I9Xm6EQookXOuZvMELKxa8OJ_IKMTA79kZOE-qGixVXFf2mr4pt1DQLTtuEB3MKwXPN50GKEu8W-OKLvhCc_Xbok0734loGrVTxxcfPsCWVk2EL9HIlHyhMsoYWLzdc8=w969-h657-no

Question: are there any picture of the F-313 taxiing, in which there is hot exhaust visible (i.e. trembling air, distorted background)?

Regarding the exhaust: check 1:25 in the video posted on the 1st page. We know that its engines work since taxiing tests seem to have begun.

someone who is familiar with aviation knows that opposite of what you claimed can easily be found among the modern fighters. so either you are not what you calim or you just like to troll aout Qaher313.

independent rudders on Rafele during taxi and turn:

Fixed stabilator and aileron of F-22 during taxi:

maybe your F-22 & F-35 don't have the gyroscope and accelerometers.:disagree:

Well it remains to be seen whether it can deliver what IRGC expects.

Maj Gen Dehghan said they still consider it a research project. So until either IRGC or IRAF put in an order, it won't go into mass production. But overall, I think it has already been a very good experience. It is the only indigenous designed jet (not copied from any other existin jet fighter) in Iran that has got as far as Taxi test.

I personally think it lends itself well to IRGC asymmetric war strategy.

That's actually quite reassuring. If Dehgan is saying it's a rsearch project then it saves iran a lot of face and lends credence to Iranian weapons design.

In the west though the MSM have conveyed the Qaher to be a stealth fighter not a stealth bomber which it clearly is at this point.

Assuming the project is real,this plane probably won't pass the flight tests if you ask me.

Haters now
Iran copied it from NASA
x-36-1223642-copy.jpg

food for thought

One Israeli aerospace engineer speaking anonymously to The Times of Israel indicated that while the aircraft displayed was obviously not a flying example, it did show advanced stealth features and that the design could be capable of high maneuverability. He stated that while the aircraft lacked bomb-carrying provisions it could be an effective interceptor. He concluded, Iran needs "a defensive interceptor that gives them the element of surprise, and it is big enough to carry real air-to-air missiles."

now on topic
pakistan needs a stealth interceptor as well if i am right, how feasible f313 might be
i mean Iran can clearly be more than happy to get their hands on jf17
even now as jf17 has its pros and cons as well but lets talk about f313 in Pakistani perspective any comments by anyone?

Facts about qaher's aerodynamic design:

2-very thick wing with negative angle of incident which makes this plane impossible to cruise with speeds in excess of sound speed simply because this wing design cause a lot of parasite drag as well as induced drag(for negative angle of incident).
These are not facts, but your baseless guesses.
can I ask what's the thickness of X-32?!

can you show us it's angle of incident?!

I am optimistic about this project...

...but one thing that I'm sure of, that reporter pisses me off, so annoying and stupid. Claims F22 & F35 are "no match" for F313, yea ok...so counterproductive and just brings down credibility of the video report.

Back
Top Bottom